Surgery with Dr Joya July 6th!

oregonmom
on 5/27/10 3:51 pm
VSG on 07/06/10 with
I have finally cleared up all the financial parts of surgery and will be headed to P.V. for the sleeve July 6th!  Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated!
BillieF
on 5/28/10 12:21 am - prince albert, Canada
A was sleeved by Dr Joya on Apl 19 every thing went great... the only isue and its small is the night nurses dont speek  english...pack light for the hospital..The resort is great i got to spend 2.5 days there before surgery..If you get a chance hire a taxi for 2 hours and get him to show you the parts of PV that touists dont get to see..it cost us $100.00us but was well worth it. just make sure the driver speeks good english..Good luck every thing will be great....
oregonmom
on 5/29/10 4:01 am
VSG on 07/06/10 with
What did you do with your bags when at the hospital?  And how was the hotel - I have read a lot of mixed reviews on the vacation sites about it.
Sharonda
on 5/28/10 3:11 am - Canada
VSG on 11/10/09 with
The best tip I have is to get your prescriptions before your surgery during your consult with Dr. Joya and then have them filled prior to your surgery too.  That way you are not worried about getting them/where to get them afterward and can just enjoy the great decision you have made and focus the requirements for a speedy recovery afterward.  

Dr. Joya did my sleeve Nov 2009.  You are in great hands and even though the night nursing staff's english is not great they do understand the important stuff like more pain meds, another pillow, etc.  They will make you as comfortable as possible.    Best of luck to you and keep us posted on your progress.
 5'4"
HW 242
SW 202
GW 115
CW 146

Emily F.
on 5/28/10 8:14 am
No tips, just good luck! Congrats.
shunt1960
on 5/31/10 5:54 am
VSG on 04/28/10 with
I had VSG with Dr. Joya on April 28th.  Everyone was wonderful and very helpful.  The night nurses don't speak English but understand what you need.  I would recommend Dr. Joya to anyone who wants surgery.  Dr. Joya and Espinoza were fantastic as well as Nathalie.  I was well taken care of and have been doing fantastic. I did not stay at their recommended hotel as we purchased a package for airfare and hotel and was able to save a couple hundred dollars plus stayed for an entire week.  You will be in great hands.  Good luck to you.  Pack light for the hospital.  All I took were clean undies and a pair of sweat capris to cover me when walking.
There is a pharmacy in the shopping center across the street from Cornerstone Hospital there is also a small one by the entrance to Dr. Joya's medical office.  Just remember to walk walk walk and sip sip sip. 
SW /CW/GW   307.6/202/180    Not a Sprint but what a Journey it is

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views