Can anyone give me a list of MD's in TJ?

sam30204
on 5/22/10 11:55 pm
I am just wondering how many docs are there in Tijuana doing the sleeve and who they are ect.
I want to make sure I have done my full research :)
Thanks everybody!

Be nice to nurses....we keep doctors from killing you!

Eme 2009
on 5/23/10 3:53 am - FL
I think Dr. Liza Pompa Gonzalez is in TJ...I've seen ads on here for her at Limarp:

http://www.limarp.com/

HW: 251  SW: 243  CW: 146  Height: 5'6.5"

judycay
on 5/23/10 4:45 am
This is not in any particular order - please understand that. * in front of the name indicates they work out of a real hospital last I knew

Dr. Daniel Huacuz
Dr. Liz Pompa
Dr. Mario Almanza
Dr. Ariel Ortiz
Dr. Sergio Verboonen
Dr. Francisco Contreras
Dr. Nelson Rodriguez
*Dr. Martin Lopez
*Dr. Juan Lopez-Corvala
*Dr. Ricardo Ramos-Kelly
*Dr. Martin Salvatore Valencia

If I was going to go to Tijuana for surgery (which I am not) - I would choose Dr. Valencia at Excel Hospital - no I do not work with him or have any association.   He is expensive but he is one of the most talented, particularly for revisions or difficult cases.  I have known him for years, he teaches at UCLA School of Medicine and is the Bariatric Director of ABC Hospital in Cuernavaca.
Judy 

Lapband Mar 2000/2005
Intestinal Erosion 2006
Sleeve Revision 2007
RNY Revision 2008
sam30204
on 5/23/10 5:53 am
On May 23, 2010 at 11:45 AM Pacific Time, judycay wrote:
This is not in any particular order - please understand that. * in front of the name indicates they work out of a real hospital last I knew

Dr. Daniel Huacuz
Dr. Liz Pompa
Dr. Mario Almanza
Dr. Ariel Ortiz
Dr. Sergio Verboonen
Dr. Francisco Contreras
Dr. Nelson Rodriguez
*Dr. Martin Lopez
*Dr. Juan Lopez-Corvala
*Dr. Ricardo Ramos-Kelly
*Dr. Martin Salvatore Valencia

If I was going to go to Tijuana for surgery (which I am not) - I would choose Dr. Valencia at Excel Hospital - no I do not work with him or have any association.   He is expensive but he is one of the most talented, particularly for revisions or difficult cases.  I have known him for years, he teaches at UCLA School of Medicine and is the Bariatric Director of ABC Hospital in Cuernavaca.
Dang thanks you are awesome! :)

Emily F.
on 5/23/10 9:03 am
May I ask why you are limiting yourself to TJ?
sam30204
on 5/23/10 9:59 am
because I have already booked the flight whch is non refundable or transferrable

jenni80
on 5/23/10 10:21 am
Hey Sam, I am so glad you get to keep your date.  It dosent matter where you go, whatever you feel is best for you, im just excited your going to get your wls as your friend!

Jeanette  

sam30204
on 5/23/10 10:31 am
thank you Jenni. Let me know what happens with you!

jenni80
on 5/23/10 11:56 pm
I will def let you know. Im not sure yet either.  Im getting scared with everything that has been going on there so im rethinking my decision.

Jeanette  

LAX11
on 5/24/10 12:20 am
Hi,

I'm not going to get into the "High Drama" of many recent posts. I do personally wonder why some haven't moved on and linger for years dunning various doctors... to me it appears that their food issues have moved to become head issues and/or "follow the money".... I go on May 31st and still have high confidence in Dr. Almanza's surgery skills.... He has done this procedure hundreds of times.... more so than a lot of the Centers for Excellence here in the states.... I'll post my impressions of this experience when I return...
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views