Dr. Corvala at Hospital Angeles

Kelleigh710
on 5/21/10 3:26 pm
Well then,

Seeing as how I cancelled surgery with the famous Dr. Almanza (and not for lack of ability, I just feel better in a real hospital), I am now booked for my band with Dr. Corvala. Anyone been there, done that, have opinions? Please let me know!

~Kell
ishary
on 5/22/10 3:54 am - Whittier, CA
I used Dr. Corvala for the band and the removal when it slipped. Couldnt have been treated any nicer or more professional.
You are going to feel like royalty in that hospital too!
Hey I just thought of something......
Why wouldnt Dr. Almanza just break away from Betancourt and operate out of the Hospital Angeles?
Seems that would be an instantanious fix to the entire mess!?!
Lap Band March 2007
Band Slipped -Emergency Removal May 2008
Dr. Lopez Corvala- Hospital Angeles TJ

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010
Dr. Almanza-Jerusalem Clinic

sam30204
on 5/23/10 12:30 am
How much more did you have to pay?

Be nice to nurses....we keep doctors from killing you!

wdg1258
on 5/24/10 12:23 am
Hello to a few War Eagle!  I'm getting the band on June 11 and trying to weed through all the info I see on here.  I figured I could for sure trust another Auburn fan!

I'm curious to know anything you might want to share with me...here is my current situation:  I'm 5'10" and weigh 265 .  Although I'm not in the extremely obese category, I feel it would be just a matter of time unless I did something about it.

My biggest concern is stuff getting stuck ...I hear that hurts like hell.  I'm scheduled with Dr. Ortiz in Tiajuanna on June 11.

I have good support from my wife, although it took her a while to come around.  My friends and my siblings all generally accept it, although there is a little skepticism.

Any thoughts you can share?

Dee
Brandy K.
on 5/24/10 1:54 am - Garland, TX
Woohoo!  You're becoming a Mexican Bandito on my birthday!  I'll be thinking about you!

Good luck!
Brandy

FabBy50 .
on 5/31/10 3:26 am, edited 5/31/10 3:27 am - Everett, WA
On May 24, 2010 at 7:23 AM Pacific Time, wdg1258 wrote:
Hello to a few War Eagle!� I'm getting the band on June 11 and trying to weed through all the info I�see on here.� I figured I could for sure trust another Auburn fan!

I'm curious to know anything you might want to share with me...here is my current situation:� I'm 5'10" and weigh 265 .� Although I'm not in the extremely obese category, I feel it would be just a matter of time unless I did something about it.

My biggest concern is stuff getting stuck ...I hear that hurts like hell.� I'm scheduled with Dr. Ortiz in Tiajuanna on June 11.

I have good support from my wife, although it took her a while to come around.� My friends and my siblings all generally accept it, although there is a little skepticism.

Any thoughts you can share?

Dee
Dee

Please think long and hard about getting the band, it is really quite hard to work with. Do more research on it, there is a section about band to sleeve revision. If you get a chance read through it, it has many people who have had trouble with the band. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Kelleigh710
on 5/23/10 4:36 am
I am only paying $1200 more.  Mine is expensive no matter what because its a revision. At this point, I really think its worth it. I'm getting banded and I know you're getting the sleeve so I think it's a little different, but from what I heard from my coordinator at Hospital Angeles, they're having a special on sleeves. I want to say maybe only $1000.00 more than Almanza...and some peace of mind  lol
sam30204
on 5/23/10 6:04 am
Dang thats not bad!

Be nice to nurses....we keep doctors from killing you!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views