GreenBayGirl Hubby Update

greenbaygirl
on 5/21/10 1:36 pm - Hobart, WI
Thank you to everyone who has posted, prayed and supported us.  It was never my intention to bash anyone, only stating our experience.

Hubby is doing a little better, very weak still and it looks like he will need some blood.
Has tried today to go back to work, but unable to be at a desk more than about 4 hours, but that's ok, he'll just have to take it slow.  He still has a fair amount of pain, and ALOT of bruising.  Insurance is not certain if they will cover the blood as the leak was directly related to the staple line on the sleeve.  Do you know how much blood costs?   Yikes!   Told him I would have to "think" about it...LOL  Gotta laugh, crying is useless!   We hope with a weekend of rest, he can get a good bounce for next week.

Again, thank you to each and every one of you who wrote and messsaged me with support and other questions. 

I support each of you, regardless of where you choose to go.   I wish you nothing but a safe and speedy recovery.

I will also say that I have heard from alot of former patients who have things to say that have not been previously posted.  It is both surprising and upsetting. 

Regardless of your experience, please let people post without bashing involved as I really do appreciate everyone's kindness to us through out this process.

I agree no one should be contacting future patients and using scare tactics unless invited to give an opinion.  Even with my story, I would not do so.  Perhaps they really just want to help, perhaps they have an agenda, but in any case, let's be helpful and supportive.

If the next 50 people have joyous stories, I am nothing but happy for them, and if someone wants to talk to me, I am happy to do so, but I won't do so uninvited.

Thank you all again, I will update when necessary.

NursieGirl
on 5/21/10 3:51 pm
Glad to hear hubby is recovering.  Hope he continues down that path!

N H.
on 5/21/10 11:39 pm - FL
Keeping you BOTH in my thoughts and prayers.

Nancy
                                          Pre Op-Surgery-Current-Goal
                                            232  -    213   -  153 - 150

5'4" tall
Stage 1 Plastics 10/20/10 with Dr. Adrian Menjarrez-Mexicali
Breast Lift and Tummy Tuck    
lolalucy
on 5/22/10 12:24 am
 I am so glad to hear your hubby is a bit better.  You both have been in my thoughts and prayers and will continue to be.
jenni80
on 5/22/10 1:04 am
Oh thats great news.  glad to hear hes doing better

Jeanette  

FabBy50 .
on 5/22/10 4:14 am - Everett, WA
So happy to hear that he is on the mend! Hugs and prayers coming your way!
ishary
on 5/22/10 9:08 am, edited 5/22/10 9:45 am - Whittier, CA
Lap Band March 2007
Band Slipped -Emergency Removal May 2008
Dr. Lopez Corvala- Hospital Angeles TJ

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010
Dr. Almanza-Jerusalem Clinic

Margo N.
on 5/23/10 3:55 am
Glad he is feeling better - and hope that his recover continues to move forward quickly - you both have been in my thoughts.

Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

(deactivated member)
on 6/2/10 3:29 am
 Hi,

I'm very sorry that you and your husband have had such a difficult time with his surgery and recovery. My wish is that he's feeling 110% soonest!

Maybe you'll have to go to the 'blood bank'? :D
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views