GreenBayGirl's Report - 3rd Time NOT a charm.....(long)

EastCoastGal
on 5/20/10 7:46 am
I shudder to think of what they actually put in the patient and what sterilization processes they use (or don't use). I'm all for saving money but not at the expense of my life or the life of someone I care about... pound wise and penny foolish? Until this surgeon cleaned up his act and demanded a dedicated staff of health care professionals, I wouldn't advise anyone to have surgery with him.

As for a surgeon not being able to hire/fire staff, that's 100% false. Even in healthcare, it's all about the money. People go to have surgery with the surgeon. If the surgeon leaves, the money follows the surgeon. I've worked in healthcare for 3 decades and have witnessed MANY staff members fired because the surgeons are dissatisfied with their performance.

In the experience that the OP gives, Almanza seems to be what healthcare professionals refer to as "slice and run".  He operates and that's about it. Post-op care is left to para-professionals and unprofessionals... very dangerous and very sad that he has no regard for his patients best interests. In the end, he may end up ruining his own career.... payback's a B#*ch!
LifeLover
on 5/20/10 9:40 am - Hoover, AL
Hi Jean,
I am truly so sorry to hear all that your husband had to go through.....and thank God for him having you to support him through it all.  I know you must have been terrified.

I have really enjoyed reading your posts and I know that your past experience with Dr. Almanza was a very good one. It makes your current experience that much more upsetting. I know that you are giving a true account of your hubby's surgery and I truly appreciate you doing so.

I am so happy to hear that your husband is doing well now. I pray for his continued recovery.

XOXOXO,
Christi Bearden
We love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

jenni80
on 5/20/10 10:40 am
OMG Greenbaygirl, i am so sorry for what you and your husband went through.  That is so terrible and I am so glad hes doing better.  I will pray for a full recovery for him and I feel so bad the surgery that is suppose to be life changing for the better has been such a nightmare.  Dont worry about anyone getting upset at your post.  You have always been honest and nice.  Keep us updated on his progress!  Big hugs!

Jeanette  

(deactivated member)
on 6/13/10 10:39 am - AZ
Someone on the boards is asking about your husband.

How is he doing?
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views