Which doctors offers insurance in case of complications?

NursieGirl
on 5/17/10 5:18 pm
Honestly Girl, if you're "scared" of him, don't even bother looking into him as an option.  I'm comfortable with him and the facility, but everyone is different.  If you have even a tiny doubt about any doctor or clinic or hospital or coordinator, you should move on.  Your safety and your peace of mind are most important

Emily F.
on 5/17/10 7:08 pm
Also check to see what your doctor's policy is. Dr. Ungson's policy was all complications were covered (while you were there) except the hospital room.
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
shunt1960
on 5/18/10 12:08 am
VSG on 04/28/10 with
Dr. Joya has an emergency fund for 500.00 that covers anything that occurs during/after surgery while you are still in Mexico..  I believe his all inclusive package (airfare/hotel/surgery/hospital) is 10,500 right now.

I had a wonderful experience.  Do what I did, research, research, research until you find someone you are comfortable with.

Good luck to you!
SW /CW/GW   307.6/202/180    Not a Sprint but what a Journey it is

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/10 11:28 am - Greensboro, NC
I am doing plenty of that so I must be on the right track! So basically for a few hundred more I can get it from doctors. Good to know...Thanks everyone!
L N
on 5/18/10 12:26 pm
Hey neighbor, I live in SC.  This week a year ago I went to Mexico and had the VSG surgery with Dr. Aceves and his staff.

I can honestly say that it was one of the best surgery experiences I have ever had.  Dr. Aceves works out of a full blown hospital, with and ICU unit.  Thank goodness nothing bad happened, but just case it did I wanted to be in a hospital that could handle it, without being transferred elsewhere.

I wanted to stay in the hospital the whole time after surgery with Dr's and nurses present and not at a motel or recovery house.

The hospital was one of the cleanest that I have ever been in.  The cleaning staff were cleaning 24-7.  Dr. Aceves and Dr. Campos came by to ck on me 5-6 times a day. 

Just take your time and do your research.  Make sure you feel good about your choice.

Please keep us informed, and best of luck in your researching. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views