Which doctors offers insurance in case of complications?

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/10 12:55 pm - Greensboro, NC
I thought I saved a company I saw to my favorites but didn't. I am gonna travel to Mexico to have WLS but wanted to use a company that offers insurance for complications so I will not have to come out of my pocket for more than the surgery. Does anyone know the name of the company that offers that in their package by chance?
bigisbad
on 5/17/10 1:09 pm - Canada, Canada
I know that Dr. Almanza now offers an insurance package for complications etc.
I do believe its more for lap bands but it was offered to me for VSG
I think it was for either 6 months or 1 year. Six months was around $600 and that would include airfare etc.
Give them a call.
I used Mellisa at Jerusalem Clinic
Surgery was 40 days ago and down just over 50 pounds.
Good Luck!

NursieGirl
on 5/17/10 1:22 pm
You're right Terry.  Dr. Almanza does offer insurance now, and it includes airfare.  I was offered six months for $300 extra or a year for $500 extra.

NursieGirl
on 5/17/10 1:23 pm
...and that was for my VSG

bigisbad
on 5/17/10 1:37 pm - Canada, Canada
Thank you
I stand corrected.
I new a little about something... but not much.
Hope all is good with you

NursieGirl
on 5/17/10 1:45 pm
Thanks Terry!  Just trying to find another job over here and twiddling my thumbs waiting for my surgery!

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/10 4:29 pm - Greensboro, NC
How much was it for your surgery total?
NursieGirl
on 5/17/10 4:50 pm
Weeeeelll.... everyone will be a little different, depending on the coordinators etc.  Are you having the VSG? 

I got a major deal because of a coordinator situation.  In general, at this surgeon for this surgery, the price will range from $5000-$6500 depending on your specific situation.  Tack on the insurance for 6 or 12 months, and you're looking at $5300-$7000 absolute max.

Also, I am sure there must be other physicians who offer insurance.  You should check them out too!  Explore all of your options before making any decision.  Price shouldn't be the only factor.

hollykim
on 5/18/10 7:18 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
The only other one I know of is dr. Joya. I think his complication insurance is $500.00 but i am not sure how long it lasts.
Good luck and keep us posted on your journey and welcome to the forum!
Holly

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/10 5:04 pm - Greensboro, NC
I am truly unsure which I will have. The sleeve is a good option and can always be revised but the DS is a great option for me as well since I am scared about being metabolically resistant. And of course I have to keep the the bypass option in there just because I know a few people that have had it and swear it was what saved their lives.
The cost is important but not so much that I am gonna say whoever is cheapest is who I go with. It truly has to feel right for me. I have looked at options as high as $13k in Mexico but still no closer to a decision. You should see my notebook full of notes and names. It is about 20+ pages already! I don't want to wait too long but I need as much info as I can find first is all. Dr. A has a good price but i'm truly scared of him to be honest. I was just asking for research more than anything. But his insurance is a good idea since people say he is a bit iffy.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views