26 days... 25 pounds!

Brandy K.
on 5/17/10 4:18 am - Garland, TX
I was going to wait a month before weighing myself, but someone wanted to know how much I'd lost... so I gave in and got on the scale. I've lost 25 pounds in the last 26 days! I'm... well, I don't really know. Stunned, I guess. That time includes my liquid pre-op diet.

So, how often do you weigh yourself?

N H.
on 5/17/10 5:20 am - FL
You go gurl!

That is great.  Keep it going and you are going to feel better and better.

Nancy
                                          Pre Op-Surgery-Current-Goal
                                            232  -    213   -  153 - 150

5'4" tall
Stage 1 Plastics 10/20/10 with Dr. Adrian Menjarrez-Mexicali
Breast Lift and Tummy Tuck    
Brandy K.
on 5/17/10 5:42 am - Garland, TX

Thank you!  Logically, I know I'm going to feel better and better, but I feel so good right now that it's hard to imagine.  I mean, really, what's the next step?  Flying?  LOL  I think I'm just on a post-op high. 

I hope your search is going well!

NursieGirl
on 5/17/10 5:45 am
WOW that's awesome girl!  If I were strong, I'd say once a month, but weighing in once a week is probably what I'll do.  Make sure it's the same time of day too, so you get accurate fluctuations.  Keep up the good work!

Brandy K.
on 5/17/10 6:25 am - Garland, TX
Thanks, NursieGirl.  And thanks for the reminder about the time of day thing, too.  It's been so long since I weighed myself regularly that I've forgotten all the little dos and don'ts about it. 

I really did want to wait a month, but then again, I should probably keep better tabs on it so I can report it to my PCP.

Thanks again!

NursieGirl
on 5/17/10 7:14 am
No worries, Girl.  When I weigh myself weekly, I always do it early Friday mornings, after peeing and before eating and drinking. 

Keep nus updated on your awesome progress!

hollykim
on 5/17/10 11:00 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

Congrats! that is awesome! I weigh once a week at the PCP office. don't even own a scale. I can get real crazy with numbers on a scale so i choose not to even go there.
If I have had a stall,I am 3 months out,I don;t know about it. I have had a consistent downward trend with a lower weight every week.
I have to wonder if the "3 and 9 week stalls" are really true or are people mentally buying into that idea and causing their own stalls? IDK.
Keep rocking it!
H

Brandy K.
on 5/17/10 10:44 pm - Garland, TX
Good idea!  I wish I could do that, but my PCP is about 45 minutes away.  Poo. 

I think you're right about the stall thing.  I've read dozens of posts that say things like, "Help!  I haven't lost anything in two days!  How do you break a stall?".  Step one: Get off the damned scale!  Step two: Don't get back on it for a week.  Problem solved!  :-P

This is so much fun.  Today is my first day back in one of my offices.  I sat down in the chair next to my boss's desk to tell her all about it.  That chair has arms.  It's always been a squeeze.  It wasn't this time!  The changes happen so fast.  SO FAST!

hollykim
on 5/18/10 12:51 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Yeah,the Pcp idea won't work for you but the scale away for a week and weighing only once a week will still work. If you began to lose your resolve and want to use it more as you DH to put it away for you and get it out once a week for you.
 "A watched pot never boils" is such a true saying,I see those "help" postings too and I thinbk the same thing to myself. I mean,I suffered for YEARS over what the scale was doing,always going up. I refuse to be a slave to my scale or to my weight loss cause I know as long as I am doing my program,I WILL lose. there is such freedom in knowing that!

I was having changes before I ever left MX! The changes and NSV just continue to happen! Such a blessing and sometimes so unexpected,like your chair NSV!

Emily F.
on 5/17/10 9:47 am
That's crazy! You are rockin' it!
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views