DR. ALMANZA HELP PLEASE!!!

ishary
on 5/16/10 1:45 pm - Whittier, CA
On May 16, 2010 at 8:05 PM Pacific Time, sam30204 wrote:
On May 16, 2010 at 5:26 PM Pacific Time, ishary wrote:
On May 16, 2010 at 1:26 PM Pacific Time, sam30204 wrote:
Im scheduled June15 with him. You will hear alot of opinions on here about him so take it with a grain of salt. Good luck
Please do not take anything that you read ,"with a grain of salt" as suggested by the above posting.
Please do yourself a favor and research with an open mind taking into consideration all that youve read. Allow yourself some time to really think things over, discuss things with your family and friends. Get an objective opinion from someone that you trust. Pray about it and the answer will come.
Look at all options available to you.Take your time the surgery and all the surgeons will still be there when you finally make your decision.
If you want to talk more send me a message.

I have been nice but this backhanded comment is uncalled for.
You used this doctor and if I understood your posts to me a few days ago stated you had NO complications and you were losing weight.  You are entitled to your opinions but you have no right to offer comments on my opinions. Why cant you interject your experinces and opinions without having to degrade someone else's thoughts?
This girl is asking for thoughts from everyone. I meant "grain of salt" because some people on here posts opinions (strong ones) about him that have never even been to him. They are basing it on the "my friends sisters aunt's mom said" and I am telling her to take SOME peoples comments with a grain of salt.

I understand you had complaints about your mom not having a place to stay with you, that is a problem witht the coordinator and has nothing to do witht he surgeon or facility.
The standards in Mexico are not the same as the US. You stated you never heard any complaints about him before your surgery but did you think he was cheaper out of niceness? You made the choice to  tkae the cheaper MD and you are losing weight, and no leaks or infections. I dont see why you feel like you were lucky to be alive.

Why cant you just state your own personal experinces and not comment on someone else's comments unless they are directly speaking of you? I see you do this a lot.

Slow down Sam.
I made a comment based on this posting made by you, "Im scheduled June15 with him. You will hear alot of opinions on here about him so take it with a grain of salt. Good luck"

I personally think that is very bad advice as it is written.
I am not going to get into an argument with you about anything so if you are looking for a fight look elsewhere.
I merely suggested that the poster sift through everything that she will read. Good Bad and the Ugly. Talk to people and get an objective opinion- her friends, her family. Pray about it. Take the time to weigh ALL her options. Not to rush into anything and that all the doctors and the surgery will still be there when she makes her decision.
What about that is offensive to you?
Lap Band March 2007
Band Slipped -Emergency Removal May 2008
Dr. Lopez Corvala- Hospital Angeles TJ

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010
Dr. Almanza-Jerusalem Clinic

Emily F.
on 5/16/10 10:31 am
Yes, take experiences with a grain of salt, including those that wanted to save some money!

Watch me get completely flamed for this. haha. Its been a boring forum lately anyways. :)
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
funnursechick
on 5/16/10 11:34 am - MS
Nope, not flaming you, but you have no grounds on this topic as you did not use this surgeon. Advice on Dr. Almanza should only be based on those who actually have used him.

Elisa H.

sam30204
on 5/16/10 1:10 pm
On May 16, 2010 at 6:34 PM Pacific Time, funnursechick wrote:
Nope, not flaming you, but you have no grounds on this topic as you did not use this surgeon. Advice on Dr. Almanza should only be based on those who actually have used him.
Hey fun nurse!!
Now here is someone you could get some great info from. Not only is she a nurse in the US she is also a patient of Almanza's so she would be a great resource!!! She has been super nice to me and helpful. If you PM her I bet she will help you!!
Best of luck

Be nice to nurses....we keep doctors from killing you!

sam30204
on 5/16/10 1:08 pm
On May 16, 2010 at 5:31 PM Pacific Time, cneclevenger wrote:
Yes, take experiences with a grain of salt, including those that wanted to save some money!

Watch me get completely flamed for this. haha. Its been a boring forum lately anyways. :)
Did you pay for your surgery out of pocket? Did you use Almanza? Are you saying that people who wanted to "save some money" get what they deserve? What exactly is your point here?

Be nice to nurses....we keep doctors from killing you!

Emily F.
on 5/16/10 8:26 pm
Yes, I did pay out of pocket and absolutely not do I think anybody 'gets what they deserve' if surgery is messed up. Talk about putting words into my mouth.

I'm saying people hear the bad about Almanza and let the couple thousand they save over ride their thinking. I am specifically talking about a person not too long ago that said basically that. I don't remember the name.
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
ishary
on 5/16/10 9:15 am - Whittier, CA
I would suggest looking up member stoongal on this board as well as www.verticalsleevetalk.com
If all you have read thus far is positive than I would suggest doing more research.
There are many people that have had good experiences with this surgeon but there are also many issues to have come out of this clinic. Please do a more through research and do not let your decision be cost driven. There really is only a couple of thousand dollars seperating this organization with a state of the art facility.
I would suggest saving up a bit more and going to a more reputable surgeon and facility.
I had my surgery there but when I take my daughter back for surgery I will not take her to this group.
I can not even get a copy of my medical records or operating room notes. Not even a letter on letterhead documenting the authenticity of staples used in surgery.
That to me speaks volumes.
Best to you with what ever you decide.
Lap Band March 2007

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010

bigisbad
on 5/17/10 1:33 pm - Canada, Canada
I have read many of your posts and yes... you are against Almanza etc. We get that.
Maybe if you were nice... or nicer you would get your reports sooner.
I asked for mine and received an email of both my receipt and surgical notes within 24 hours.
The originals have been mailed.
Maybe its due to the fact that you don't hold back and advertise for the "Chop Shop"
Very sad
Now I guess you will tell us how you really feel.
No reply coming your way... I'm on vacation again.
Bye

ishary
on 5/17/10 1:52 pm - Whittier, CA
On May 17, 2010 at 8:33 PM Pacific Time, bigisbad wrote:
I have read many of your posts and yes... you are against Almanza etc. We get that.
Maybe if you were nice... or nicer you would get your reports sooner.
I asked for mine and received an email of both my receipt and surgical notes within 24 hours.
The originals have been mailed.
Maybe its due to the fact that you don't hold back and advertise for the "Chop Shop"
Very sad
Now I guess you will tell us how you really feel.
No reply coming your way... I'm on vacation again.
Bye
I dont think I have directed any postings at you other than a congratulations on your surgery and a prayer / wish for a speedy recovery?
I am waiting for copies of my medical records and surgical report. I wont be satisfied with an email though so hopefully they are in the mail. Its only been a week so I havent given up yet.
Enjoy your vacation Sir. I really dont have a reson or desire to debate with you or anyone else for that matter regarding this clinic.  I neither want or need a conversation with you.
Be well.

Lap Band March 2007

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/10 12:43 pm
Hi Curious, I hope you're doing well.

I have no idea how Dr Almanza is with RNY surgery. But, if you like, you can read about my VSG experience on my blog.

To find out more about Dr Almanza and RNY, just type in "Almanza" and or "Almanza and RNY" in the OH search engine. This is what I did to get you usernames of 4 people who would know much more about it than me. They are FightingFat, oregondiver, AnnieInTheSky and Tonya4191.

In my opinion, RNY is a much more serious surgery than VSG. So and again, in my opinion, if it was me, I would have a primary care doc and a nutritionist ready to help when I returned home. If I had serious co-morbidities and or if my BMI was very high, I would make sure my recovery time was well-suited to the surgery.

Okey dokey.....If you have any other questions about my experience or about any of the research process, just let me know :)

I wish you the very best!
Cheryl

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views