Dr. MARIO ALBERTO ALMANZA REYES

sweetcandygirl
on 5/12/10 1:27 am - Compton, CA
Good Morning Everyone,

I live in L.A. and here all you hear is the Lap Band. Commercials and talk is all about it over here as the new thing and how your Insurance may cover it. Thats how I started to research about it and came about with surgeries in Mexico.

I will now look into the VSG :)

Thanks everyone!
NursieGirl
on 5/12/10 1:20 pm
I live in the LA area too!  I know what you mean about all of the commercials.  I looked into it at first, but then looked at other procedures, originally in an attempt to rule them out.  Decided VSG was a better fit for me!  Just look into everything before making a decision so you feel prepared!

LAX11
on 5/12/10 2:10 pm
Hi there,

me too... I just officially joined the board today... I've been stalking and now officially signed on... I'm off to Almanza for VSG May 31st.... you'd be leaving when I arrive... do check out the VSG... as I just joined some of my posts tonight haven't hit but check out if you have time my post about VSG becomning the SOP of the industry ... (no slipping complications w/band ... no malabsorption if you do RNY... this is a basic/simple procedure.... that won't complicate your live for the rest of your life... good luck in your decision... you picked a good doctor and team if you proceed.
FabBy50 .
on 5/13/10 2:10 am - Everett, WA
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Reconsider the band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I had mine for only 9 months, spent almost $1000 on fills only to have to have it taken out!!! The sleeve is so much easier, no after care at all!! The band is CONSTANT work, getting stuck, puking, sliming....I would not reccomend it to my worst enemy. Please think twice!!!
sweetcandygirl
on 5/13/10 2:48 am - Compton, CA
Good Morning Every1,

Ty again for all your support and feed back.

I have a doctors appt tomorrow morning and if my doctor is willing to do the after care, I will be doing the Sleeve instead.

Wish me luck!

sam30204
on 5/13/10 4:40 am
Good luck!!!!

Be nice to nurses....we keep doctors from killing you!

hollykim
on 5/13/10 8:38 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Excellent choice of surgeon and surgery(VSG) i think you will be very happy with your decision. check out my blog for my detailed journey and pics!
Holly

RollTideRoll
on 6/3/10 3:12 pm - Montgomery, AL
When you say sliming, are you talking about when the food gets stuck and you have like... slimy spit.. that happens to me alot, i thought it was just me hah.
(deactivated member)
on 5/13/10 4:34 pm - AZ
I'd find a doc with a LOT fewer complications than this one. He has had mannnnnnnnnny infections, perforated livers and spleens, etc. Go to a safer surgeon. One that is board certified in surgery and FACS.
sam30204
on 5/13/10 10:46 pm
On May 13, 2010 at 11:34 PM Pacific Time, MidwesternGirl wrote:
I'd find a doc with a LOT fewer complications than this one. He has had mannnnnnnnnny infections, perforated livers and spleens, etc. Go to a safer surgeon. One that is board certified in surgery and FACS.
Perofrated liver and spleens? Now thats first I've heard of that. You have some problems. How could you possibly know anything concrete about an MD you have never been to? Stop trying to be discouraging and scare people. GO AWAY

Be nice to nurses....we keep doctors from killing you!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views