Dr. MARIO ALBERTO ALMANZA REYES

sweetcandygirl
on 5/11/10 11:17 am - Compton, CA

I have made my decision thanks to all the feedback that I have read here today. I will be scheduling my surgery date for May 27th and I am super excited.

If  I can read more feedback on ppl who have gotten the Lap Band done by Dr. Almanza in Tijuana, I would truly appreciate it.

Emily F.
on 5/11/10 11:52 am
If you are in the states, just make sure you have follow up care arranged before you get banded. either with a surgeon who will agree to work with you or a fill center like usafillcenters.com.

A LOT of surgeons won't touch you for after care if you get it in Mexico.

Good luck!
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
jenni80
on 5/11/10 12:26 pm
Yeah you may want to research a little more on maybe having the sleeve.  I started out wanting the band but after i heard of the complications alot of people have i decided the sleeve is better.  good luck to you in whatever you decide

Jeanette  

sweetcandygirl
on 5/11/10 1:14 pm - Compton, CA
I have spoken to Melissa and she also refered me to the usafills website, so that seems to be the best way to go.

I dont have much weight to lose, I am at 215lbs and my goal is 150lbs so I dont think am a good candidate for the sleeve.

TY so much for your feedback, its great to meet ppl that are in the same boat as you :)
thinasiwant
on 5/11/10 2:49 pm

Hi congratulations!!! I want to second what Jenni says....look into the VSG...so much slippage and 25 % complications with band....only about 500 more for the VSG...I have had no trouble following up in the US...
Best
KW

Thinasiwant

jenni80
on 5/12/10 11:16 am
Hey Kira, how are you?  Its been a while since you have been sleeved, how have you been.  Its great to see you posting again!

Jeanette  

thinasiwant
on 5/12/10 4:29 pm
Hi!!!! Thank you for asking!!! I am sooooo happy and still steadily losing. I can easily maintain. When I want to push myself(still have a goal of onederland) I do the HCG diet with GREAT success...bout to start back again.....the VSG has changed my life. Makes me a much happier and more normal person having this tool!!!
How is all with you?
Thinasiwant

jenni80
on 5/30/10 2:08 am
I am good, still trying to have the surgery.lol    3 of my friends are doing that HCG diet and love it.  Glad to hear your well

Jeanette  

greenbaygirl
on 5/11/10 3:45 pm - Hobart, WI
I too have been told by my local bariatric doctor, that the lap band is becoming obsolete.  The reason is the complication rates.  If you do some serious digging, you will not find anyone (or very few) that have their band for 7 years or more.  It is costly to have it removed, and then you will have to have a sleeve or RNY to replace it as you will be back at square one.  Just want you to be informed and happy.  If you ask your surgeon himself, he will tell you this same information also, whether it is your local bariatric doc or abroad.  Good Luck to you whatever you choose!  We will support you!
Jean

N H.
on 5/12/10 12:16 am - FL
Hey SweetCandyGirl,

I am seconding all of the above posters about the lapband.  I started out thinking it was for me, but the more I researched it my mind was changed to the VSG....But no matter what we think, this is YOUR decision.

Dr. Almanza did a great job for me and I have had ZERO problems (other than having to shop!) with my VSG.  I started out at 232 pre-op, 213 surgery weight and have been at 150 since February-ish.  WLS was the best decision I have made for myself.  I feel so much better.

Take care and keep us updated on your progress.

Nancy

Pre Op-Surgery-Current-Goal
                                            232  -    213   -  153 - 150

5'4" tall
Stage 1 Plastics 10/20/10 with Dr. Adrian Menjarrez-Mexicali
Breast Lift and Tummy Tuck    
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views