Which one Pompa vs Jose Rodriguez

newmee123
on 5/10/10 5:16 am
Hello there:
I need to decide which one of these doctors I want to use. I have been researching and besides Dr Pompa being certified surgeon not sure if she has had complications....they denied any when I asked them...Same for Dr Rodriguez and both are priced right for me....I am a lapband revision done by Bantancourt in 2005 so I was going back but after the reviews I am steering clear ...... But do need some help on Dr Rod and Dr Pompa.... Were you happy with surgery? complications? infections? Post surgery I feel confident with my own nursing skills due to I am a RN myself but need a competent surgeon. Please give feedback. :)

Emily F.
on 5/10/10 8:19 am
I would be very surprised if anyone, especially someone doing revisions, didn't have a leak or some complication. That raises a HUGE red flag for me.
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
greenbaygirl
on 5/10/10 12:45 pm - Hobart, WI
I agree with Emily, a doctor who states they have never had a patient with a leak would make me skeptical.  I started out my seach right here locally, and every doctor at the semilars stated that they generally have a 1% leak rate, which is unfortunate but normal ratio.  I believe both those surgeons to be competent, qualified individuals, but stating "no leaks" ever is probably not true.

newmee123
on 5/10/10 7:49 pm
Thanks for the insight everyone!!!
Although I must clarify my initial posting......... Dr Pompa team did state there is 5% risk of complication d/t hx of lapband....However based on several feedbacks on this topic I have made my decision and will pray. I have seen alot in my 18 yrs of RN practice and therefore experience is key........God bless us all on this journey. :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views