I want LapBand in Mexico....but where........

mama_of_two
on 5/10/10 6:12 am - UT
Where is the safest, best Dr and best Price to get lapband surgery in Mexico???

Thank you for your help!!
Emily F.
on 5/10/10 8:17 am
There are lots of good lapband surgeons but please remember you have to have fills in the states unless you are flying/driving to Mexico often. The only centers I know to do them is www.usafillcenters.com and they are still a little pricey. I think 125-250 every time.

You might want to look into the sleeve or ds which only requires labs and such for maintenance.
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
Brandy K.
on 5/10/10 9:27 am - Garland, TX
I agree that you might want to look into the sleeve.

As for who, I'm currently in Monterrey having a better experience than I could have hoped for. Please consider surgeons at the Hospital San Jose Monterrey Tec. My surgeon was Dr. Horacio Guajardo (www.drhoracio.com). You can also look intomy coordinators at Travel for Care (www.travelforcare.com).

Good luck!

Kelleigh710
on 5/10/10 12:33 pm
I am having the lap band with Dr. Corvala (www.obesitycontrolclinic.com). Mine is a revision, so it costs $6500.00, but I know regular lap band patients are $5995.00. In regard to the fills, I do not live near a Fills Center USA, but they are certainly not the only people that will do your aftercare. I have a fantastic surgeon only 5 minutes from my job that completely understands the situation and is willing to take me on as one of his own. He charges me $75 per fill. He will see me 5 times in the first 10 weeks after surgery to monitor everything and then once per month for the first year. There are surgeons willing to help as they understand the dire straights some of us are in due to a lack of insurance coverage. You just need to shop around, but ALWAYS be honest about your plan.

Like I said before, I chose Dr. Corvala because I have a personal preference to be in a hospital as opposed to a hotel after surgery. Plus, he has extensive experience with the lap band and he also works with the Realize band now as well.Other great lap band doctors to consider are Dr. Ortiz, Dr. Aceves, and Dr. Rumbaut (he is actually banded himself). I would talk to people that have had lap band surgeries with these doctors. If you choose to go the other route and get a sleeve, then there are many people that have gone to Dr. Almanza and been very happy.  There are other doctors like Osage18's that aren't as well known, but do AMAZING work, just talk to her and get her point of view, she'll tell you. We are all here to help in any way we can with our research and experiences  :)
Britt U.
on 6/5/10 5:43 pm - Mill Creek, WA
I'm going to have a sleeve with Dr. Aceves this week and know he also does bands. I had a band but mine slipped but even before the slip I wasn't thrilled with the band - trying to get restriction, getting food stuck, how different eating feels. What was great was that while it worked it worked great and I lost most of my weight. At any rate, I read up on Dr. Aceves, looked at his stats and experience and feel confident in my choice. I'll let you know how it goes.

Britt
(deactivated member)
on 6/6/10 8:38 pm - AZ
Aceves, ungson, Rumbaut,.. they all have great reps, a long track record of low complications, they work out of 'rea' hositals with Gasp,,,, trained medical staff, they managed to pass that pesky board certification class for surgery unlike some, they don't trade medical licening like cracker box treats... They are good and safe surgeons.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views