Staple Question

Laurie D.
on 5/10/10 10:22 am - pembroke pines, fl
The gentlemans name is alex gourot and he is on this forum. i was with him in Mexico when he had his surgery. I am sure you can send him an email. Good luck

ishary
on 5/10/10 12:45 pm - Whittier, CA
OMGosh!!!! Thank you!!! 
I was going crazy trying to find his posting!!!
LOL!
Thank you again!
Lap Band March 2007
Band Slipped -Emergency Removal May 2008
Dr. Lopez Corvala- Hospital Angeles TJ

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010
Dr. Almanza-Jerusalem Clinic

1trendychic
on 5/10/10 1:57 pm - Salem, OR
VSG on 05/19/10 with
Hello, I haven't had surgery yet and was wondering if the staples stay in there forever?  It sounds like it. 
Eme 2009
on 5/10/10 11:29 pm - FL
Yes they do.  These are the internal sutures/staples they are talking about...that is what is used to close off your stomach when a portion is removed. 

HW: 251  SW: 243  CW: 146  Height: 5'6.5"

(deactivated member)
on 5/12/10 12:16 pm - AZ
Jean...

You write:

~~Hey Irene,

I know nothing about serial numbers, etc. but I can tell you that I had my gall bladder out in March and my surgeon did verify titanium staples. My hubby going this week also needs MRI's since he had cancer in 2006, so I also asked again about this issue, but will try to verify again this week.
Hope you get the answer you need.
Jean~~

With all due respect, either you are a flat out liar or your gallbladder surgeon is an idiot deserving of a medical malpractice lawsuit.

In order for him to tell you that you have titanium staples he would have to remove the scarring and adhesions (this is what holds your stomach together long term), and then remove a staple, have it sent to a lab, and analyzed or you are making up stories.

When you look at the staples in the stapler sitting on your desk, can you look at them and determine what types of metals make up those staples? 5% nickel, 95% steel? No? Can't do that? Are you superman and can see metal through scarring?

I'm guessing you didn't go to superman for your lap gallbladder removal either. You can't just cut away the scarring and adhesions over a staple line, remove a staple, and look at it to determine what metals it is made up of.

Either you are lying to cover up for MISTER betancourt and Dr. Almanza, or... you should sue your gallbladder surgeon for jeopardizing your staple line by removing the scarring and adhesions, removing a staple thus risking a leak, and sending that staple to a lab to determine what it is made up of.

I have a hunch I know the truth here but I will allow others to figure it out on their own. Sometimes we tell tall tales that make us look silly. Sometimes, we don't.
NursieGirl
on 5/12/10 1:22 pm
The type of staple used would be contained in the operative report.  The serial number probably wouldn't be though, in my experience

greenbaygirl
on 5/12/10 2:59 pm - Hobart, WI
Hi Irene,
I pm'd you already, but to clarify what was said, I did ask my hubby what the surgeon said exactly, and he did not say he "saw" them, but rather that he SAW my surgical report indicating titanium staples and knows I have had an MRI since my sleeve, so he spoke about that.
So, I apologize if that sounded misleading.  I am neither a liar, nor have an idiotic surgeon.
MWG 
I am just a Pastor's wife and have never been outright called a liar before.  I realize that just choosing Almanza relegates me an idiot to you, but that's ok, as we are comfortable with the choice we made.
It is my hubby's second time there (the first with me) and my third, so although you disagree with that, it doesn't mean I am a liar.

Although I wish I had been more careful in replying, and mispoke, I was not covering for anyone, especially Betencort.  I am not a real fan of his, especially since it appears now that he is in fact not who he has claimed to be.  However, I still feel Dr Almanza is a qualified surgeon, and am satisfied with my choices.

As to the staple question again, I will ask for verification and report what I find out. 
My husband had cancer 4 years ago, which is why I was insistant about asking again.

Not sure what your hunches mean, don't really care.  I will do what I can and report on that next week.

Again I apologize for not clearly explaining what the surgeon said, I merely hoped to reassure Irene as to what I knew, because I know her and although we can disagree on some things, I certainly care what happens to her.

Although you have alot of good information to give, like others you criticize, the nastiness is not helpful to anyone.  Please reconsider the name calling and level of meanness. Thanks
Jean

sam30204
on 5/13/10 5:04 am, edited 5/13/10 5:05 am
On May 12, 2010 at 9:59 PM Pacific Time, greenbaygirl wrote: Hi Irene,
I pm'd you already, but to clarify what was said, I did ask my hubby what the surgeon said exactly, and he did not say he "saw" them, but rather that he SAW my surgical report indicating titanium staples and knows I have had an MRI since my sleeve, so he spoke about that.
So, I apologize if that sounded misleading.  I am neither a liar, nor have an idiotic surgeon.
MWG 
I am just a Pastor's wife and have never been outright called a liar before.  I realize that just choosing Almanza relegates me an idiot to you, but that's ok, as we are comfortable with the choice we made.
It is my hubby's second time there (the first with me) and my third, so although you disagree with that, it doesn't mean I am a liar.

Although I wish I had been more careful in replying, and mispoke, I was not covering for anyone, especially Betencort.  I am not a real fan of his, especially since it appears now that he is in fact not who he has claimed to be.  However, I still feel Dr Almanza is a qualified surgeon, and am satisfied with my choices.

As to the staple question again, I will ask for verification and report what I find out. 
My husband had cancer 4 years ago, which is why I was insistant about asking again.

Not sure what your hunches mean, don't really care.  I will do what I can and report on that next week.

Again I apologize for not clearly explaining what the surgeon said, I merely hoped to reassure Irene as to what I knew, because I know her and although we can disagree on some things, I certainly care what happens to her.

Although you have alot of good information to give, like others you criticize, the nastiness is not helpful to anyone.  Please reconsider the name calling and level of meanness. Thanks
Jean WOW I cant beleive people actually post on doctors they have no presonal experience on.

Best of luck Friday with the husband and friend. Keep us updated!!

Be nice to nurses....we keep doctors from killing you!

(deactivated member)
on 5/12/10 7:54 pm - AZ
Greenbaygirl....

Ohhh noooo, no backtracking now! You were verrrry clear in your post. Your gallbladder surgeon saw the staples and verified they are titanium.

GBG... I don't give a rats behind if you are a pastor's wife or the wife of Zog himself. You fibbed, no way around it.

Arf arf....

greenbaygirl
on 5/13/10 3:48 am - Hobart, WI
Yes MWG because ALL of us see YOU as our barometer for truth-telling.  Funny how your signature is that of an animal.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views