OK, So..........Constipation after VSG, everyone or just me?

bigisbad
on 5/9/10 2:04 pm - Canada, Canada
its probably better with an older sleeve.
Ask the doc if he has one left over from the 90's
Better vintage.
Just my humor having fun...

greenbaygirl
on 5/9/10 11:07 am - Hobart, WI
Miralax does not cause any cramping or running to the bathroom issues.  It's VERY gentle, prescribed to both children and elderly.   Tasteless and easily disolves into milk, oj, etc.

Boscogirl
on 5/9/10 1:34 pm - TX
I take 4T Milk of Magnesia every 2-3 days at bedtime....works like a charm first thing in the morning.   Benefiber and Miralax don't do the trick for me.
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

Highest/Surgery Weight 248 Goal Weight 165 Current Weight 165-175
                           Starting BMI 33.7 Current BMI 22.1
             I'm 42 years young, my height is 6' and I've had no plastics!
                                          I  my sleeve!!!
PugLuvr
on 5/19/10 9:00 am
I like to use "natural" methods whenever I can.  Here are a few things that work for me:

*Ground Flax Seeds.  You can get these at health food stores, and probably most grocery stores that have a natural foods section.  If you can't buy them already ground, you can grind them yourself in a coffee grinder at home.  I have read (although I'm not sure...) that you won't be able to fully digest the full seeds, so it's better to grind them if you want the added benefits of the Omega 3's.  You can add ground flax seeds to a lot of foods.  They have a mild, nutty flavor.  I like to add some to my Greek yogurt.  Start slow... if you add too much too fast, you might end up with that "crampy" feeling.

*Aloe Vera juice.  Some aloe juices have a nasty flavor, some taste just like water.  Try about 1/4 cup at first.  You can mix it with fruit juice if you want.  I give this to my 1 1/2 yr old baby daughter to "get things moving" for her when she needs it.  (I just add a tiny bit of aloe into her fruit juice.)

*Smooth Move herbal tea.  It's made by Traditional Medicinals.  You can find it at health food stores and most grocery stores.  If not, you can order it at www.TraditionalMedicinals.com.  According to the side of the box: "Drink one cup before bedtime.  Repeat the next day if needed.  Smooth Move will generally produce bowel movements in 8 to 12 hours.  It's sweet and slightly bitter, with citrus-orange and spicy notes...best tasting laxative you'll ever drink!"  I do like it. 

That's all I can think of for now, besides making a point to eat fresh fruits and veggies and keeping up your daily water intake.  But, I see you've stated you're already doing that.  Good luck!

Hope things start "going" good for you soon!

Take care. 

Tina

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views