Make room on the loser's bench!

Brandy K.
on 5/6/10 3:51 am - Garland, TX
Hi all!

I had my surgery yesterday. It was a lap Fobi pouch. I'm feeling pretty good now. Monterrey is amazing. The mountains are so beautiful. The hospital sent two people to pick us up from the airport and they took us to our hotel. My coordinatotrs from Travel for Care have gone so far above and beyond the call. They have taken me to and from my preop testing, my doctor's appointment, and brought me to the hospital for my surgery. Gabriel, the CEO took us up to a beautiful vantage point on a mountain top where we could see the entire city in every direction. He also sat with me right up until they wheeled me into surgery. He and his assistant Heather have been so incredibly accommodating.

The hospital has an International Patients office that takes care of anything I need. There is another department that handles translation for the nurses. My surgeon and my anesthesiologist speak English.

I don't think I have enough room or finger strength to say enough good things about my surgeon. I couldn't have chosen a better one. If anyone is still looking for a surgeon and they want a competent one who uses the most advanced techniques and who comes to see you EVERY DAY after your surgery, please consider Dr. Horacio Guajardo. Book through Travel for Care. I promise you, you can't be treated better.

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know that everything went perfectly well and while I'm still having some pain, it's quickly managed when I let them know.

I couldn't be happier!

Brandy

NursieGirl
on 5/6/10 4:54 am
Glad you're having such a great experience!  Can't wait to see your results!

hollykim
on 5/6/10 5:43 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Congrats! welcome to the bench!
H

ishary
on 5/6/10 8:11 am - Whittier, CA
On May 6, 2010 at 10:51 AM Pacific Time, Osage18 wrote:
Hi all!

I had my surgery yesterday. It was a lap Fobi pouch. I'm feeling pretty good now. Monterrey is amazing. The mountains are so beautiful. The hospital sent two people to pick us up from the airport and they took us to our hotel. My coordinatotrs from Travel for Care have gone so far above and beyond the call. They have taken me to and from my preop testing, my doctor's appointment, and brought me to the hospital for my surgery. Gabriel, the CEO took us up to a beautiful vantage point on a mountain top where we could see the entire city in every direction. He also sat with me right up until they wheeled me into surgery. He and his assistant Heather have been so incredibly accommodating.

The hospital has an International Patients office that takes care of anything I need. There is another department that handles translation for the nurses. My surgeon and my anesthesiologist speak English.

I don't think I have enough room or finger strength to say enough good things about my surgeon. I couldn't have chosen a better one. If anyone is still looking for a surgeon and they want a competent one who uses the most advanced techniques and who comes to see you EVERY DAY after your surgery, please consider Dr. Horacio Guajardo. Book through Travel for Care. I promise you, you can't be treated better.

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know that everything went perfectly well and while I'm still having some pain, it's quickly managed when I let them know.

I couldn't be happier!

Brandy
Brandy!!!!
YAY!!! you did it honey!!! 
I am so happy that you are having such a beautiful experience!!!
When you get to feeling better lets talk.
I am really interested in learning more about your procedure as well as the group you went with and cost.
I am saving right now to take my daughter for WLS.
YAY again!!!
Lap Band March 2007
Band Slipped -Emergency Removal May 2008
Dr. Lopez Corvala- Hospital Angeles TJ

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010
Dr. Almanza-Jerusalem Clinic

jenni80
on 5/6/10 11:13 am
Its great to hear how well your doing and congrats on having a great surgery!!!!

Jeanette  

FWLizzie
on 5/6/10 11:59 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hi Brandy,

I'm so glad that everything worked out great. Heather was also my coordinator for Dr Almanza but I didn't get to meet her as she's in Monterrey.

Liz

Boscogirl
on 5/6/10 1:32 pm - TX
Yea!!!  So happy to hear you are doing well!!
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

Highest/Surgery Weight 248 Goal Weight 165 Current Weight 165-175
                           Starting BMI 33.7 Current BMI 22.1
             I'm 42 years young, my height is 6' and I've had no plastics!
                                          I  my sleeve!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views