Linda -update - Almanza/Betancourt disaster story!

stoongal
on 5/5/10 1:54 am - Canada
For those of you who have been praying for my sister Linda and our families, I would like to thank you ever so much! Your prayers have been answered as Linda sent me a brief email yesterday and I will enclose it below!
For those who don't know, my sister suffered horrible complications at the new Jerusalem facility (Almanza/Betancourt) in TJ Mexico back in January, and has been hospitalized ever since (still there). She was the 6th sleeve Almanza did that day, her surgery started after 10 pm! She had a leak that went undetected while there and the resulting infection sent her into septic shock, with a collapsed lung, severe dehydration and renal failure, she had about 6 emergency surgeries in the weeks that followed to flush out the pus accumulating in her body cavity and the infection went ballistic, causing all kinds of problems with porousity thrughout her esophagus. We were not sure she would make it in those first weeks.But she did, thank God, and now the end is in sight! It has been a nightmare mostly ever since, and she still has not had any food or drink by mouth (other than for leak tests)
Here is her email!
Donna,
I drank a glass of cranberry juice and it didn't leak out of the stomach today! Yesterday I went through the hell of a CT scan after drinking more of the dreaded contrast fluid (threw up 3 times) but it was worth the torture. My surgeon today told me the results were all healed tissue she was looking at and that if I pass the juice test today I can probably go home in a couple of weeks, this time without the home care IV bags to feed me. I'm supposed to start liquids and mush, etc. soon.

There is a God! (As David Jones likes to say)

I will still have to have plastic surgery for the skin grafting of my now healed stomach wound and also hernia surgery. One time at a time, slowly but surely.

LLJ

ishary
on 5/5/10 2:42 am - Whittier, CA
Praise The Lord!!!
I am so very happy for you Donna!
I will continue to pray for her!!
big big hug!!
Lap Band March 2007
Band Slipped -Emergency Removal May 2008
Dr. Lopez Corvala- Hospital Angeles TJ

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010
Dr. Almanza-Jerusalem Clinic

hollykim
on 5/5/10 4:43 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Donna,
so glad she is finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! Please give her my beat and we are praying for her!
Holly

maryja
on 5/5/10 5:16 am - NS, Canada
Donna,

That's great news!  I'm so glad for you both.  Linda has had a horrible life threatening ordeal but I can imagine this has been incredibly difficult for you and her other family members as well.

My best to you all,

MJ
MJ
greenbaygirl
on 5/5/10 5:57 am, edited 5/5/10 9:03 am - Hobart, WI
So happy to hear Linda is back and doing well.  Sounds like many prayers have been answered and she will be ok.  Many blessings to Linda and her family as well as yours.

Jean

Emily F.
on 5/5/10 8:44 am
Wow, what torture you both have been through!!! I'm so glad she is feeling better and I hope she comes home soon.
marilyng
on 5/5/10 9:57 am - Yuma, AZ
I am so happy for you and your sister.  You both have been through a long and trying time.  I will continue to keep you both in my prayers.  Please give your sister a hug from me.  Hugs to you too.

Marilyn 
FWLizzie
on 5/5/10 10:09 am - Fort Worth, TX
Glad to hear she's doing better!

FLsun
on 5/5/10 1:42 pm
Best wishes to you and your sister. 
NursieGirl
on 5/5/10 2:21 pm
Thank God!  So glad to hear that news!

Most Active
Recent Topics