FYI - VSG as outpatient procedure at surgicenter in Seattle

(deactivated member)
on 5/3/10 1:32 am
 bdette49

Yep, they take patients >50 lbs overweight. It doesn't say if they have a BMI limit.

It doesn't say they do DS -- DS came up because they used it to say the VSG was the first part of a DS for those who had a BMI >/= 60.

It will be like many other ventures. While everyone is 'watching' during the first year of business or so, they will provide more pre and post-care than they claim to make sure there are very few complications that can be traced directly back to them. Whether or not that continues will need to be seen.

I think people may flock to this place because they may think: Well, it's not a foreign country offering it, so it must be good. I'll go there, get it done really quick and then yahoo! that's all I need to do. Then the complaints will come -- For some reason, there are people out there who know there is limited or no after-care for a procedure, yet after all is said and done, they complain they didn't get after-care.

There are some people for whom a clinic is not the best option, ever and no matter where the clinic is. If there is no or little after-care, then I sure hope their pre-screening program is excellent -- for the patient's sake.
(deactivated member)
on 5/3/10 1:57 am
In the Canadian FAQS, they say their BMI range intake is 36-58.
Britt U.
on 6/5/10 5:24 pm - Mill Creek, WA
I had my slipped band removed by Dr. Billing at this clinic and he was great, very experienced, caring and thorough. It was same day surgery too but in the hospital that's next door. My insurance wouldn't pay for removal in the surgical center. I would have been happy to have him do my sleeve but the insurance battle for the revision has gone on so long that I've regained all my weight. So I'm heading down to Dr. Aceves this week. I have a job for only three more weeks so self-pay here at home isn't an option. And I must say I am happy about being in the hospital. I had my gall bladder out several years ago in a same day surgery and ended back up in the hospital for 3 days with complications. So I like the idea of observation and testing in case I need it.

Britt
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views