Well looks like June15 Dr. Almonza

Kricky
on 5/3/10 1:10 pm
Dr. Almanza

Kricky
on 5/3/10 1:11 pm
It took me about 4wks to get my passport!
jenni80
on 5/3/10 1:13 pm
I got mine in about four weeks too.  I am really nervous, excited, scared, just want it to be over with already.  6 weeks isnt that long but it seems to be taking forever.LOL

Jeanette  

sam30204
on 5/3/10 1:19 pm
I know! Some people are these boards are scaring me to death about ny MD. Jeanette how do you feel about it? What made your decision besides the cost?
ishary
on 5/4/10 2:59 am - Whittier, CA
On May 3, 2010 at 8:19 PM Pacific Time, sam30204 wrote:
I know! Some people are these boards are scaring me to death about ny MD. Jeanette how do you feel about it? What made your decision besides the cost?

I can only speak for myself but it was not my intent to scare you to death.
I merely just answered your question.
I am sorry if I frightened you though.

Lap Band March 2007
Band Slipped -Emergency Removal May 2008
Dr. Lopez Corvala- Hospital Angeles TJ

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010
Dr. Almanza-Jerusalem Clinic

jenni80
on 5/3/10 1:31 pm
Honestly i have been on the boards daily since last august and have watched others experiences there.  i have talked to people on the phone and pm.  Alot more people than who just posts here and I feel good about it.  I dont think it will be a super exciting time cause its surgery but I will I will do well and this is the answer to my prayers regarding this neverending battle of being fat.  I overeat so much and know this is what i need to do.  I grew up in southern california and have been to t.j many of times so im use to it, my hubby on the other hand hasnt ever been there and to california a handful of times so im more worried about it be shocking to him but then again he surprises me and handles things well.  Overall I feel at peace with my decision and others have different opinions but thats all they are, opinions and i have to make the decision for myself.  I feel I have made the right one.

Jeanette  

sam30204
on 5/3/10 2:07 pm
Are infections the worst thing you've heard about? I know I hear more about him than any other surgeon so I KNOW he is experienced! Bad things can happen anywhere. I am a nurse and I know that all too well. What are planning on taking with you? Why did you pick your speciic date and who is your coordinator
greenbaygirl
on 5/3/10 2:51 pm, edited 5/4/10 4:20 am - Hobart, WI
I used Dr Almanza and would do it again.  Went with sister in Jan and hubby is going next week along with another friend who is getting the sleeve.  You are gonna do great!

jenni80
on 5/4/10 2:07 am
Well no the worst experience I have heard of is a woman on here named stoognal, her sister went down in janurary i think and has had major problems and was hospitilized and I think still in the hospital.  I know its a true story i have had her as a friend since i have been on here.  I feel so bad for her sister linda and their family.  Im not sure the exact problems she had but it was pretty major.  I know back in oct or nov they had a bad batch of sutures and people were coming home with infections but I feel they are taking these things seriously and making alot of changes.  Yeah he does alot of surgeries so i think he would have a higher rate than norm.  This subject is a touchy one on here.  Anyway I cant wait to go and feel good about it.  I picked my date because that is when i will have it paid for and my hubs works everyother week out of town and he will be home for seven days then and can go with me.  My cordinator is mellissa. 

Jeanette  

sam30204
on 5/4/10 2:39 am
Did the folk with the infectons for that few months end up recovering ok? I am taking all the precautions I can now. I saw my personal MD today. He can me a RX for some liquid pain meds, a nausea med that disolves under the tongue, and some (prophaltically) antibiotics. Also gave me some hibiclens to wash with before surgery and a nasal swab just incase of MRSA. I know we cant control what happens in the OR but have trust the team will do what is safest and best. After I will be very proctaive in  my care, making sure people put on clean gloves in front of me and wash their hands ect. I too am SO excited!! I paid my deposit today, booked my flight yesterday!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views