Less than a week...

Brandy K.
on 4/29/10 1:41 pm - Garland, TX
So, my surgery is next Wednesday. I fly out on Monday. My brain is a tad sluggish from the lack of carbs and I'm trying to make sure I have everything I need (and don't have too much of anything I don't need).

I can't believe it's here! I scheduled this back in October or November. I've been trying to have it done for about five years now. And now, it's time!

I'll be honest. I'm afraid. I'm afraid that if the worst happens, it would be hard to justify it in the eyes of my kids. You know? I've done everything I can think of to prepare. I gave my mother temporary guardianship that is to become permanent should I die. I prepared and signed medical release forms that extend through their 18th birthday. I've given her power of attorney to handle my financial affairs if the need arises.

And I hope and expect that none of that will be necessary. I've done everything I've been asked to do to prepare for the surgery. I'm on my 9th day of my liquid diet and still going strong. I blow up 30 balloons every day to make sure my lungs are strong and clear. I walk a bit. I take my asthma medicine religiously and avoid all of my triggers.

I'm still so nervous though. I'm sure this is normal, right?

NursieGirl
on 4/29/10 4:05 pm
 I'm so excited for you!  You're right to make arrangements for your kids, always.  No matter what. they'll be taken care of.  It's a difficult decision, not to be taken lightly, and obviously you haven't.  You are doing this for your kids, so that you can be there for the graduations and the weddings and the grandchildren that will come.  It is a courageous step that you are taking for the health of your whole family.  Good for you!  Congratulations and best of luck

Kelleigh710
on 4/30/10 12:01 am
Osage, you're going to do great!  It's very normal to feel this way. When I was going for bypass, I was shaking!  Of course, being only 17 when I had it done, I sobbed like a little kid and kept asking for my mom as soon as I woke up LOL. I know you've made all those arrangements for your kids, but I know that won't be necessary. You'll come out of this just fine and resume a happy and healthy life after your gastric bypass. All my prayers are with you, good luck!! 
jenni80
on 4/30/10 4:14 am
Oh your day is almost here sweetie!!! Congrats.  You are so very well prepared.  I didnt even think about doing anything like that for my kiddos.  Its great to be so prepared.  You are going to be just fine.  Other the norm of having surgery and you will be posting how your on the other side.  Great idea about the balloons.  Big hugs, i will pray for you and your going to do great!!!!

Jeanette  

Emily F.
on 4/30/10 6:32 am
You really sound like you have prepared well. With all your preparations, you should be fine. You really have done everything possible to put yourself in a favorable place for this surgery. Trust in your surgeon and do your best!! Good luck!
greenbaygirl
on 4/30/10 6:41 am - Hobart, WI
Congratulations............you're almost there.  You did all the things us Mommy's do to make sure our kids are safe.  Anxiety and nervousness are normal, but once you get there things go quite quickly and it's over and done before you have time to think about it. 

Good luck to you, everything is going to be easier than you anticipated and you will feel supremely relieved and happy to be on your way to the LOSER'S BENCH.

Godspeed,

Jean
hollykim
on 4/30/10 8:31 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
it is perfectly normal to be nervous. I have to say,though,that I was not nervous. I never said I was normal,though,lol.

You have all your ducks in a row and you are set. I was like you,I scheduled my surgery in Sept 09 for Feb 2010. I than had six months to watch others come and go,reach goal,get plastics and move on out and I was still waiting.

My time did come and I have never been so pleased with anything in my life like I am pleased with my sleeve. I feel wonderful.

I hope you have an uneventful trip,surgery and recovery. Keep us posted!
Holly

Margo N.
on 4/30/10 3:28 pm
Love the new avatar! Sounds like you are really prepared - I was like this too, since I scheduled 6 months in advance - such a long wait, but I was REALLY ready for this surgery when I went!

Looking forward to hearing from you once you're on the loser's side!

Safe travels,
Margo
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

Brandy K.
on 5/1/10 4:01 am - Garland, TX
Thanks guys! It's so hard to believe that it's time to pack. I'm so ready to wake up after surgery not feeling hungry. This is the 11th day of my liquid pre-op diet. I'm surviving it, but I'm beyond ready to not be starving.

The forecast for Monterrey has it in the high eighties and low nineties and sunny for the next week (with one day of thunderstorms.... can't wait!).

Now, the only thing between me and Monterrey... is that damned airplane seat. Eeep!
ishary
on 5/1/10 5:35 pm - Whittier, CA
I am so excited for you!!!
You are going to do GREAT!!!!
Big Big HUG!!
I will be keeping you in prayer!
Lap Band March 2007
Band Slipped -Emergency Removal May 2008
Dr. Lopez Corvala- Hospital Angeles TJ

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010
Dr. Almanza-Jerusalem Clinic

Most Active