new to the board :)

Margo N.
on 4/30/10 3:27 pm
Welcome to the board and good luck with your research!
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

NursieGirl
on 4/30/10 4:36 pm
 Hi there!  Welcome!  I am also self-pay and getting the VSG in Mexico this summer.  Everyone here is willing to answer questions and share their personal experiences, so keep asking.  Knowledge is power!

FabBy50 .
on 5/3/10 2:53 am - Everett, WA
Hi and welcome to the boards!!! Which Dr's in Mexico are you considering? There are lots of us that have been there and can help you out, just give us a holler and we will help!!
Anew Start
on 5/3/10 4:19 am, edited 5/3/10 4:19 am
I am considering both Dr. Almanza and Dr. Rodriguez.  I am a self pay and was looking at having surgery late summer.  I received a call from the coordinator from Dr. Rod's that I was preapproved for in house financing pending sending my documentation of income in.  That would really bump things up a bit for me :)

I still havent told anyone but this board about my decision and havent planned on doing so.  The last thing I want to hear are people telling me "you're not THAT fat" blah blah blah.  I think I'm considered a lightweight lol doesnt seem so lightweight to me when I'm porking outta my clothes and feel like crap.

So I'm off to fax my documentation for Dr. Rod's...wish me luck :) Either way I'm having this done THIS darn year lol

forgot to say Thank you for all the responses and the welcomes to the board :) thank you

ishary
on 5/3/10 7:42 am - Whittier, CA
Wishing you Luck Luck Luck!!!
= - )
Lap Band March 2007
Band Slipped -Emergency Removal May 2008
Dr. Lopez Corvala- Hospital Angeles TJ

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010
Dr. Almanza-Jerusalem Clinic

FabBy50 .
on 5/3/10 3:24 pm - Everett, WA
On May 3, 2010 at 11:19 AM Pacific Time, imonalot37 wrote:
I am considering both Dr. Almanza and Dr. Rodriguez.  I am a self pay and was looking at having surgery late summer.  I received a call from the coordinator from Dr. Rod's that I was preapproved for in house financing pending sending my documentation of income in.  That would really bump things up a bit for me :)

I still havent told anyone but this board about my decision and havent planned on doing so.  The last thing I want to hear are people telling me "you're not THAT fat" blah blah blah.  I think I'm considered a lightweight lol doesnt seem so lightweight to me when I'm porking outta my clothes and feel like crap.

So I'm off to fax my documentation for Dr. Rod's...wish me luck :) Either way I'm having this done THIS darn year lol

forgot to say Thank you for all the responses and the welcomes to the board :) thank you
You are very welcome!!
I was a lightweight too, my goal was 70lbs, I still have 6 to go!! But boy what a change a few pounds make!

I don't blame you for not telling anyone, there is so many negative comments that come out when you say you are going to Mexico! You will be totally safe there as long as you go with a good surgeon. Make sure you do lots of research. Get it done as soon as you can, I only took 6 days off for both my lap band and my revision. So if you have the time, do it!! It will be the best thing you have ever done for yourself!

Good luck!
Shazmira
on 5/10/10 1:17 pm
Welcome to the boards, I am going to Dr. Rod for VSG in July, so I can't tell you anything about him or the facilities first hand.  But when I got on here and started doing research I found patients of his and heard only good things so I chose him.  I do not the other Dr. you are thinking about and have not heard anything about him either so can't help you there.
Good luck on who ever you choose

Robbyn Allen

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views