new to the board :)

Anew Start
on 4/28/10 12:07 pm, edited 4/28/10 12:15 pm
Hi Everyone,

I recently made the decision to get the VSG after researching the lapband procedure.  I am a self pay so wont be having the surgery for several months as I need to save for it :) 

I wanted to thank everyone for their experiences and insight regarding wls and going to Mexico.  It has been very helpful for me!

I have been lurking for a couple days, but now I'm ready to say hi :)  I havent even told friends or family of my decision so it's kinda good to have it off my chest (makes it seem more real) lol

I look forward to more advice, suggestions etc in the next few weeks. 

PS lol how the heck do you do the profile thing? Thanks in advance

liveNbetter
on 4/28/10 12:38 pm - Canada
       Hi there and I know what you mean by lurking around the boards for awhile before posting ..I did the same.
       Its so great to know and read other stories and hear how they are doing in there journey to be heathy. Glad to have you here posting and GL with your research on your Dr of your choice.

Connie
greenbaygirl
on 4/28/10 3:56 pm - Hobart, WI
Do lots of research, ask alot of questions.  Message individuals for more information.  Ask to call and talk to them by phone.  Anyone on this board will be more than happy to talk to you.  We've all been where you are.  Do ALL of these things until you are satisfied that you have selected the right surgeon for YOU.

There are many fine surgeons and you have to be completely comfortable with your selection.

Eliminate the opinion of ANYONE trying to push you towards or against any particular doctor to avoid a hidden agenda that is not in your best interest.

Pray about your decision.  Take someone with you if at all possible.  Find a support system not just on here, but at home also, maybe just one close friend or family member.

Research Medical Tourism and show it to your family/friends to help them understand that it is safe to go out of the country.  Education is everything.

Good luck to you, and welcome.

ishary
on 4/28/10 10:43 pm, edited 4/28/10 10:48 pm - Whittier, CA
On April 28, 2010 at 10:56 PM Pacific Time, greenbaygirl wrote: Do lots of research, ask alot of questions.  Message individuals for more information.  Ask to call and talk to them by phone.  Anyone on this board will be more than happy to talk to you.  We've all been where you are.  Do ALL of these things until you are satisfied that you have selected the right surgeon for YOU.

There are many fine surgeons and you have to be completely comfortable with your selection.

Eliminate the opinion of ANYONE trying to push you towards or against any particular doctor to avoid a hidden agenda that is not in your best interest.

Pray about your decision.  Take someone with you if at all possible.  Find a support system not just on here, but at home also, maybe just one close friend or family member.

Research Medical Tourism and show it to your family/friends to help them understand that it is safe to go out of the country.  Education is everything.

Hi Jean-
Just wanted to say that I loved reading your post above and I thought your advice was said perfectly.
I especially loved what you said about prayer.

Lap Band March 2007
Band Slipped -Emergency Removal May 2008
Dr. Lopez Corvala- Hospital Angeles TJ

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010
Dr. Almanza-Jerusalem Clinic

sam30204
on 5/2/10 10:41 am
On April 29, 2010 at 5:43 AM Pacific Time, ishary wrote:
On April 28, 2010 at 10:56 PM Pacific Time, greenbaygirl wrote: Do lots of research, ask alot of questions.  Message individuals for more information.  Ask to call and talk to them by phone.  Anyone on this board will be more than happy to talk to you.  We've all been where you are.  Do ALL of these things until you are satisfied that you have selected the right surgeon for YOU.

Hi Jean-
Just wanted to say that I loved reading your post above and I thought your advice was said perfectly.
I especially loved what you said about prayer.

Why do you have chop shop on your signature?
ishary
on 5/2/10 10:53 pm - Whittier, CA
Hi Sam.
That is my opinion of this clinic.
Many disagree with me but it is my opinion, and one that cannot be changed.
I have had 3 surgeries in Mexico the last one being at the J/E Clinic. My feeling is that I could never reccomend anyone to this facility. If you have done enough research ......  I am pretty sure that you are aware of the two very opposing sides of people with regards to this clinic. I am happy to talk further to you through private messages should you have any more questions.
Good Luck to you Sam!

Lap Band March 2007
Band Slipped -Emergency Removal May 2008
Dr. Lopez Corvala- Hospital Angeles TJ

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010
Dr. Almanza-Jerusalem Clinic

Boscogirl
on 4/29/10 1:13 am - TX
Hello and welcome!!!
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

Highest/Surgery Weight 248 Goal Weight 165 Current Weight 165-175
                           Starting BMI 33.7 Current BMI 22.1
             I'm 42 years young, my height is 6' and I've had no plastics!
                                          I  my sleeve!!!
Emily F.
on 4/29/10 3:29 am
Welcome, hope you get answers for any questions.

I think profile is under my OH.
Anew Start
on 4/30/10 4:13 am
Thanks guys :)

I'm having a few issues creating my profile.  I tried to add a ticker, but for some reason it's not showing up in my posts.  I'll get the hang of it, but hope to post some info/photos and my ticker soon.

thanks again :)

Anew Start
on 4/30/10 4:13 am
LOL oh yeah! the ticker worked this time :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views