My surgery is scheduled for June 17th!!!!

jenni80
on 4/24/10 5:59 am
Taking a break from my spring cleaning to say my date is June 17th 2010 to be sleeved.  I am so excited.  I have 7 weeks and 5 days.    A  few months ago I didnt think it was going to happen for me and it is, so anybody trying to get surgery you can do it!   Does anyone have any suggestions on what to start doing now to get myself ready for it,   food, exercise, vitamins, or anything else?  Is anyone else going during this time???  Im so excited my husband said he hasnt seen me this happy in a while.  OH is great because after researching this since last august i have learned alot about it and im actually glad i have had that time to learn and read others experiences.                                   

Jeanette  

FWLizzie
on 4/24/10 6:06 am - Fort Worth, TX
I'm so happy for you...it'll be here before you know it...

Start cutting out carbs little by little so you don't go through bad withdrawals. Enjoy your last few weeks of big meals maybe? lol just kidding

Start tasting different protein drinks...like shakes or isopure...if you like them, start stocking up as they can get a bit expensive.

Make sure you and your husband have passports.

emeraldskye
on 4/24/10 6:15 am - Vancouver, Canada
Congrats on setting a date!  
NursieGirl
on 4/24/10 6:16 am
 Oh my goodness, I'm so excited for you!  I can't wait until it's my turn!

bikerchickk
on 4/24/10 6:49 am - Sequim, WA
Hugs girl, I am happy for you too.
Summer

Height 5'6"  HW 263 SW 239 LW 142 From size 20/22 to size 5/6   

At 4 years out I crept back up to 180 now working my way back down. CW 173 size 10

greenbaygirl
on 4/24/10 7:42 am, edited 4/24/10 7:42 am - Hobart, WI
When it gets closer, the sooner you can start the liquid diet the better.  Some surgeons ask for 14 days, some 21 and some only 3.  The longer you do the liquid diet, the more your liver will shrink making it easier for the surgeon to work.  The early pre surgery weight loss also helps.
I have also read that the longer pre surgery liquid diet also helps you to recover faster.

My sister did it for 21 days and had only 4 incisions instead of 5, and recovered like a ROCK STAR!  (quickly)
Sunbunny064
on 4/24/10 7:45 am
 Congratulations on finally getting a date! This has been a long journey for you.
Start taking your Bariatric vitamins now, the taste can take some getting used to.

jenni80
on 4/24/10 8:34 am
Ok thanks ladies.  On monday I will look online for protein powders and the bariatrics vitamins.  I know theres a online website to get sample packs of the protein powder and thats good to know about starting the liquid diet early.  Also summer I remember you telling me over the phone that its good to eat red peppers and tomatoes before also so Im going to stock up on those.  I just want to do everything I can now to make the healing process good after!!!  Thanks again everyone.

Jeanette  

jenni80
on 4/24/10 9:16 am
Oh and we got our passports a couple weeks ago so im good there.

Jeanette  

jenni80
on 4/24/10 6:26 pm
Despite all the arguments and everything that has been going on lately I am truely excited to finally have this surgery and get a hold on being obese and actually be at a healthy weight.  That is a dream that I still cant picture coming true and I just ask everyone pray my surgery goes really well and afterwards is even better and I heal really good and have great weight loss results.  I never wanted to come on here to make enemies.   I just wanted to connect with people who have gone through what I have all of my life and now that I know this surgery is coming up I am really nervous and any support from my friends would be greatly appreciated.  I am sure I will be fine but it is still nerve racking!!!LOL

Jeanette  

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views