Let's continue offering suggestions and ideas for Clinica Jerusalem

FWLizzie
on 4/25/10 12:35 am - Fort Worth, TX
When I had my surgery, a nurse came and checked on me all night...checking my vitals, giving me meds and just cheking on me.

When I was at the recovery house, they had a nurse 24 hours a day....so you were never there by yourself.

I guess things have changed since you went...which is great. I had a great experience and with all these suggestions...it can only make it better for others going in the near future.

Liz

maryja
on 4/27/10 3:00 pm - NS, Canada
I posted because Stoongal and her sister are fellow Canadians and I had heard about Linda's horrible experience and have since been in touch with her to give my condolences.  My own surgery was only 7 weeks ago, so very fresh in my mind and my heart goes out to her.   I guess it brings back to me how incredibly vulnerable we all are when we undergo surgery particularly in another country,  and in Linda's case the surgery did not go well at all.  

I didn't know if you all had read Stoongal's blog about what had happened.  If you haven't, you may want to.  I would say it's full of ways to improve this cilnic.  The poor lady nearly died and has been in hospital in Canada for 2 months now.

If you didn't know, thought you would like to.
MJ
Boscogirl
on 4/28/10 4:36 am - TX
Every one of us has read Stoongal's blog and we have interacted with her on here.  Everyone feels horrible for her and her sister and are praying for her or sending good wishes.  The complications that she had CAN and DO happen everywhere...not just Mexico...and not just with Dr. Almanza.  His rate of complication is no higher than anyone elses.  I have been on this site for 2 1/2 years and I have seen several people die or have horrible complications.  That is one of the chances that each of us take when we choose to have surgery.
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

Highest/Surgery Weight 248 Goal Weight 165 Current Weight 165-175
                           Starting BMI 33.7 Current BMI 22.1
             I'm 42 years young, my height is 6' and I've had no plastics!
                                          I  my sleeve!!!
ishary
on 4/28/10 8:16 am - Whittier, CA
On April 28, 2010 at 11:36 AM Pacific Time, Boscogirl wrote:
Every one of us has read Stoongal's blog and we have interacted with her on here.  Everyone feels horrible for her and her sister and are praying for her or sending good wishes.  The complications that she had CAN and DO happen everywhere...not just Mexico...and not just with Dr. Almanza.  His rate of complication is no higher than anyone elses.  I have been on this site for 2 1/2 years and I have seen several people die or have horrible complications.  That is one of the chances that each of us take when we choose to have surgery.

"Several People Die"??  Several People??? As in several being 4 or 5? 4 or 5 people in 2.5 years?
Thats Crazy!
Do you have the links on those patients?

Also.....

Lizzie,
Wouldnt you think that this thread would be more appropriatley placed in the "Happy Patients of Dr. Almanza Group/Forum" that yall created? Considering how volatile the board is with this subject and that the original thread itself was posted and removed by the site administrator?
It almost seems that you are trying to instigate or continue something ugly.
Just saying.....

oh and when I left the recovery house there were no guidelines or a patient care sheet given. Nothing stating what to do in case of this or that.
I received a bottle of Cipro (antibiotics) a small spray bottle about 2oz filled with an antiseptic bactine like spray. Oh and the women all received (1) pill (just loose not in a bottle or blister pak) that we were told to take on the 7th day to prevent a yeast infection. LOL!
No pain meds or acid reducer were given us.
We were not given a guideline with what to eat in what paticular stage either.
I questioned this when I got home and my coordinator sent me the Cornel diet guideline.

Lap Band March 2007
Band Slipped -Emergency Removal May 2008
Dr. Lopez Corvala- Hospital Angeles TJ

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010
Dr. Almanza-Jerusalem Clinic

ishary
on 4/28/10 8:21 am - Whittier, CA
On April 28, 2010 at 3:16 PM Pacific Time, ishary wrote:
On April 28, 2010 at 11:36 AM Pacific Time, Boscogirl wrote:

"Several People Die"??  Several People??? As in several being 4 or 5? 4 or 5 people in 2.5 years?
Thats Crazy!
Do you have the links on those patients?

Also.....

Lizzie,
Wouldnt you think that this thread would be more appropriatley placed in the "Happy Patients of Dr. Almanza Group/Forum" that yall created? Considering how volatile the board is with this subject and that the original thread itself was posted and removed by the site administrator?
It almost seems that you are trying to instigate or continue something ugly.
Just saying.....

oh and when I left the recovery house there were no guidelines or a patient care sheet given. Nothing stating what to do in case of this or that.
I received a bottle of Cipro (antibiotics) a small spray bottle about 2oz filled with an antiseptic bactine like spray. Oh and the women all received (1) pill (just loose not in a bottle or blister pak) that we were told to take on the 7th day to prevent a yeast infection. LOL!
No pain meds or acid reducer were given us.
We were not given a guideline with what to eat in what paticular stage either.
I questioned this when I got home and my coordinator sent me the Cornel diet guideline.

oh!! and there were no employees from the clinic present at night with us at the recovery house either.

Lap Band March 2007

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010

Boscogirl
on 4/28/10 1:07 pm - TX
Do you think it's crazy as in you are saying that I am making this up?  I assure you I am not and I do not appreciate the insinuation one bit.  I do not have links but I will give you what info I can remember off the top of my head and you can research them if you want to.  Jerrysgirl, her first name was Allison and she was from Dallas, TX ,died about 2 weeks out from VSG surgery due to blood clot complications (her surgery was in Dallas).   This was about 2 years ago.  A lady on the VSG forum died 4 days after her surgery....her surgery was the same day as mine, March 15th...I'm sorry but I do not remember her screen name.  A woman on the VSG board, Leash-in-norcal had severe complications from her surgery which was in early Feb. I believe and it is possible she is still in the hospital now...we have not heard from her to my knowlwdge.  Corky from the VSG board's sister in law almost died right here in my home town a couple of years ago due to a leak complication and was in the hospital for quite a while.  Long time VSG board member Novascotia Dawn had leak complications that could not be repaired in 5 procedures...it finally healed on it's own after a year and she is completely healthy with no regrets.  A man on the Texas board died from complications after RNY a couple of years ago in Houston.  I think his name was Mark and his sister or sister in law is on the Texas board as well.

These are a few that I can think of at the moment and if I have some of the details wrong, I apologize in advance, but I assure you they can be verified by many OH members.  My point was simply that these surgeries carry a great risk and the complications can happen to anyone...anywhere...at any time.  We all have to weigh these risks and decide if they are worth taking.

Goal in EIGHT months!

I  my sleeve!!!
ishary
on 4/28/10 1:26 pm - Whittier, CA
On April 28, 2010 at 8:07 PM Pacific Time, Boscogirl wrote:
Do you think it's crazy as in you are saying that I am making this up?  I assure you I am not and I do not appreciate the insinuation one bit.  I do not have links but I will give you what info I can remember off the top of my head and you can research them if you want to.  Jerrysgirl, her first name was Allison and she was from Dallas, TX ,died about 2 weeks out from VSG surgery due to blood clot complications (her surgery was in Dallas).   This was about 2 years ago.  A lady on the VSG forum died 4 days after her surgery....her surgery was the same day as mine, March 15th...I'm sorry but I do not remember her screen name.  A woman on the VSG board, Leash-in-norcal had severe complications from her surgery which was in early Feb. I believe and it is possible she is still in the hospital now...we have not heard from her to my knowlwdge.  Corky from the VSG board's sister in law almost died right here in my home town a couple of years ago due to a leak complication and was in the hospital for quite a while.  Long time VSG board member Novascotia Dawn had leak complications that could not be repaired in 5 procedures...it finally healed on it's own after a year and she is completely healthy with no regrets.  A man on the Texas board died from complications after RNY a couple of years ago in Houston.  I think his name was Mark and his sister or sister in law is on the Texas board as well.

These are a few that I can think of at the moment and if I have some of the details wrong, I apologize in advance, but I assure you they can be verified by many OH members.  My point was simply that these surgeries carry a great risk and the complications can happen to anyone...anywhere...at any time.  We all have to weigh these risks and decide if they are worth taking.

Oh God NO. I did not think you were making something like that up.
I meant crazy as in several deaths that you personally knew of within the last 2.5 years.
Mind blowing.
All the more reason one should make darn sure that they research research and more research the facility and surgeon where they choose to have weight loss surgery.
Thank you for sharing.

Lap Band March 2007

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010

Boscogirl
on 4/28/10 1:16 pm - TX
I said "several people die OR have severe complications"...don't change my words please!  But the truth is that YES, 4 or 5 people from this site HAVE died in the past 2 1/2 years.  If I know of 3...don't you think there are probably more????
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

I  my sleeve!!!
ishary
on 4/28/10 1:31 pm - Whittier, CA
On April 28, 2010 at 8:16 PM Pacific Time, Boscogirl wrote:
I said "several people die OR have severe complications"...don't change my words please!  But the truth is that YES, 4 or 5 people from this site HAVE died in the past 2 1/2 years.  If I know of 3...don't you think there are probably more????
slow down turbo.
I am not looking to pick a fight and I didnt mean to change your words.

Lap Band March 2007

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010

(deactivated member)
on 4/28/10 3:28 pm
Hi Kimberly,

I read this thread from afar and you're right -- there are many more (Rest in Peace). Sadly, here are a few (Rest in Peace) to add to the WLS deaths you've mentioned:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/members/profile.php?N=M1145125144

http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/kml1010/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4150611/O-T-Another-dea th-at-Ottawa-Hospital-Complications-from-WLS/#33930724

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/3445577/Interesting-r ead-I-found/#26874800

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/wls_lightweights/3652362/S ad-News/#28923226

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/family_and_friends_support /3075331/Sad-news-regarding-Tammy-M/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/members/status.php? N=B1130282564

And, Chica....after reading this thread, it looks to me like a couple of people in the foreground (and who knows who else in the background ) are attempting to sabotage things again. Given all in which they've participated previously, they had nothing legitimate to offer in regard to the subject line of this thread. You owe them nothing.

It's totally up to you, but after supplying the research to refute their contrivances, I'd say that ignoring them is the way to go so as not to fall into the WAFWOT Trap.

All the best!
Cheryl

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views