Let's continue offering suggestions and ideas for Clinica Jerusalem

FWLizzie
on 4/24/10 12:08 am - Fort Worth, TX
Please people...let's keep this positive...if you have nothing constructive to say, please keep your comments to yourself.

Sandy had a great idea and ya'll know how thread was pulled...so I thought, why can't we continue to share our ideas to make the clinic a better place for others going in the near future?

Ok, I will start:

I know they let us know the vitamins we'll need post-op in the packet they send us pre-op...the packet we got when we left was filled with great information but I think it'll would be better if it included a section on vitamins...when to start taking them, how much, and what times...I recently found out that there's some you can't mix.

Also, how about a section on restrictions after WLS?

Liz

bigisbad
on 4/24/10 12:49 am - Canada, Canada
Another idea is to cancel all shopping trips etc.
I know some people were upset that the time of pick up was 3 to 6 hours late.
Lets remember what we are there for... surgery and after care.
In my opinion if you want to go shopping in the tourist area... take a taxi.
Don't depend on the hospital to chauffeur you around.
I know its a service that they offer but they are not punctual at it and some-days don't have the man power or vehicles. When they pick you up late or bring you home late some are pissed..
IMO... if you cant do it right... don't do it!
Again... just my opinion.

jenni80
on 4/24/10 2:00 am
Well sandy did say they hired a english speaking dr and aftercare nurse which is an added bonus.  I dont expect that I should go to mexico and everyone should speak english but like i said an added bonus so that helps the language barrier.  I dont have suggestions yet since i havent been there but I think all suggestions help!!!

Jeanette  

FWLizzie
on 4/24/10 2:02 am - Fort Worth, TX

You'll be fine Jenni, most of them speak good or fluent Enlgish!

onespecialdelivery
on 4/24/10 2:37 am - Alexandria, VA
 I think there are a lot of incision problems.  I think it has to do with the fingertip spray that they use ( i think they mix it themselves) and the 4 x 4 they place over the incision have a very strange odor.  My recommendation would be good old fashion betodine swabs and unless they are leaking leave them open to air.  Also if people have prior incisions from other surgery try to use them.  i had my gallbladder out and asked Dr. Almanza if he could use 2 of my old incisions (easily seen) and he said he would try.  I have 2 new incisions about 1 cm away from the old incisions and of course they are in opposite directions.   I am very grateful and I would rather be a skinny with lots of incisions on my belly then fat with none.  I know they could look a lot better, and not be draining 3 weeks out.   
Stephanie    
thinasiwant
on 4/25/10 11:30 am

Hi Stephanie, you may not know this, however here is the latest on betadine---it is cytotoxic and kills cells. It is to be avoided:
According to LSWezey of wound educators.com
This has been a common practice in the treatment of wounds for many years; however, it is no longer acceptable practice and continuing to use these agents (and other similar agents) is actually harmful instead of helpful. The Agency for Health Care Research and Policy (2008) states, “Do not use povidone iodine, iodophor, sodium hypochlorite solution, hydrogen peroxide and acetic acid as they have been shown to be cytotoxic. Use normal saline at a pressure between 4 and 15 pounds per square inch (psi).
Using cytotoxic agents to cleanse wounds can increase your patients discomfort, as well as delay wound healing. Dallam et al (2004) reiterate this point: “Do not use cytotoxic solutions, such as Betadine or hydrogen peroxide, to cleanse wounds. They not only deter wound healing, but they may also cause burning and cold to patient discomfort".
http://woundeducators.com/wordpress/common-wound-care-practi ce-is-not-always-evidence-based-practice

Thinasiwant

ishary
on 4/28/10 11:03 pm - Whittier, CA
On April 24, 2010 at 9:37 AM Pacific Time, onespecialdelivery wrote:
 I think there are a lot of incision problems.  I think it has to do with the fingertip spray that they use ( i think they mix it themselves) and the 4 x 4 they place over the incision have a very strange odor.  My recommendation would be good old fashion betodine swabs and unless they are leaking leave them open to air.  Also if people have prior incisions from other surgery try to use them.  i had my gallbladder out and asked Dr. Almanza if he could use 2 of my old incisions (easily seen) and he said he would try.  I have 2 new incisions about 1 cm away from the old incisions and of course they are in opposite directions.   I am very grateful and I would rather be a skinny with lots of incisions on my belly then fat with none.  I know they could look a lot better, and not be draining 3 weeks out.   
Hi Stephanie!
I said the same thing as I had (10) scars on my tummy (5) from the lap band and (5) from the lap band removal. I asked Dr. A well Sevarro and he translated to Dr. A about using any of those previous incision spots- he too said yes he would try but I ended up with (4) brand new scars on my belly. Making a grand total of yep lets count them (14) little bitty scars!! UGH!
Oh well!! I really just assumed that it wasnt possible for them to go in to the same spot due to scar tissue or something??? I am with you though I would rather be skinny with little scars rather than fat without the scars. We could always get a tummy tuck and hopefully they will magically disappear??

Lap Band March 2007
Band Slipped -Emergency Removal May 2008
Dr. Lopez Corvala- Hospital Angeles TJ

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010
Dr. Almanza-Jerusalem Clinic

oregondiver
on 4/24/10 3:17 am - South Beach, OR
Some of the beds at the recovery house are way to high

FWLizzie
on 4/24/10 4:44 am - Fort Worth, TX
(deactivated member)
on 4/24/10 4:47 am - AZ
On April 24, 2010 at 11:44 AM Pacific Time, FWLizzie wrote:
Obviously you don't read posts well...why do you find it pleasurable to be in everybody's business? For once, can you keep your nose out of it?

Nobody asked you for your opinion, we don't care what you have to say....so why don't you just get a life?  You must be very unhappy with your life that you find it necessary to intrude in everyone elses.  Must be sad to be you.

Nooooo, I can't be out of everyone's business... it is what I do.

I expose bad doctors... deal with it.

Sometimes people want to know if true medical professionals are working on them.  Then, there are betancourt people, and they don't care if they are real medical pros or not.

******g deal with it.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views