Stoongal??

Kimberly129
on 4/19/10 7:52 am - Austin, TX
RNY on 12/02/10 with
I have tried looking her up on the member list.  being that she had the surgery with Almanza and her sister had a bad expierence I would like talk to her and get her thoughts on him, does anyone know how I can send her an email?  I dont ever see any posts from her so I am unsure if she still posts here or not.  Thanks
HW389 SW367 CW273 GW180 
1lb lost is 1 step closer to your g
oal !!

emeraldskye
on 4/19/10 8:20 am - Vancouver, Canada
This should help you.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/stoongal/

1trendychic
on 4/19/10 1:37 pm - Salem, OR
VSG on 05/19/10 with
Ok, I have booked my flight but not paid my down payment yet for Almanza and from reading the Stoongal story, I am FREAKING out.  She doesn't look like someone that would tell a lie so now I don't know what to do?????  Please someone help me make a decision.  I know I will have to make the ultimate decision but maybe some help?  no bashing though.  thanks.
oregondiver
on 4/19/10 2:38 pm - South Beach, OR
Only you can make this life changing decision, no one can help you.  The best anyone can do is tell you about their experience.

What I ca tell you about my experience is that so far things are great. You just have to remember that Mexico is a different country and things are of course different there.  Are there some things I wish were different -- yes, but not of those are related to the medical care I received.   

oregondiver
on 4/19/10 2:54 pm - South Beach, OR
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/10 4:49 am
Hi!

It is not a good idea to base your decision on one person's experience whether it is positive or negative.

I do a heck of a lot of research that has been published. And, I can tell you that if I ever told any one of my colleagues that a case study was generalizable across all people, I would be in very serious trouble. There must be a relevant number of reliable cases that were taken from a relevant number of cases.

Any 1 case that says, "you must go to my doctor because I had a great experience", is not transferrable, to all upcoming experiences.

Any 1 case that says, "don't go to my doctor because I had a terrible experience", is not transferrable, to all upcoming experiences.

Stoongal, herself, has reported on 3 surgeries -- 2 were wonderful, one is tragic.

For any and every surgeon and surgical site, you must gather as many cases as possible and then determine the number and reliability of all of these cases. You must be able to conclude, to your own satisfaction that on average one place is better, worse, or similar to others based on your needs. Then, you will get a better idea of what you could expect.

I have read that some people have ranked their number one need as: "I need to survive the surgery". Well, I would venture to say that 99% of the population has this need. However, the statistics of surgery related complications and deaths is much higher, on average, than 1%. It seems to average out at 3% (see my posts and those of others in my threads), but it has also been predicted to be much higher. If this is one of your needs that must be fulfilled to 100%, then you should not be having surgery at all.

If you booked your flight without doing this and much more research, I would say, respectfully, that you are not yet ready to make your decision.

Take good care,
Cheryl
Boscogirl
on 4/21/10 12:55 am - TX
Excellent, excellent post!!
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

Highest/Surgery Weight 248 Goal Weight 165 Current Weight 165-175
                           Starting BMI 33.7 Current BMI 22.1
             I'm 42 years young, my height is 6' and I've had no plastics!
                                          I  my sleeve!!!
(deactivated member)
on 4/21/10 2:58 am
 Thank you, Kimberly!
stoongal
on 4/21/10 3:45 am - Canada
please - I just found this and have to leave to babysit this afternoon, so have no time until later...
but will get back to you as soon as I can.  I do not lie!  Was very misguided by my own experience back when it was much slower there.  Not so now!
Catch you later!
Donna

Boscogirl
on 4/21/10 3:59 am - TX
Hi Donna.  I just wanted to make sure that you know that I have seen NO ONE say that you are lying.  Everyone feels completely horrible about the whole situation and is hoping and praying for a complete recovery for your sister.
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

Highest/Surgery Weight 248 Goal Weight 165 Current Weight 165-175
                           Starting BMI 33.7 Current BMI 22.1
             I'm 42 years young, my height is 6' and I've had no plastics!
                                          I  my sleeve!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views