Stoongal??

stoongal
on 4/21/10 8:52 am - Canada
 Linda still has a leak in there somewhere, they tried to let her have a drink of grape juice yesterday but it came out in her pouch, so no eating or drinking yet!  Her husband has been able to take her out in a wheelchair for 1/2 hour when the temperatures are nice and not too windy, so that helps her spirits. She is down to just 2 IV's in her arm, that is a help and off the wound vacuum that was helping her incision to heal.  So progress of a sort but the end not in sight yet until that leak is healed!  Still in the hospital for a while yet.
What I am most concerned about the new facility called Jerusalem clinic is too many operations each day and that they cannot do critical care there,  they do not have the machines to diagnose real problems, so people like my sister go home with life threatening infections - leaks - what have  you- and for months are too ill to post here so first-hand experiences like you all want are few and far between.  Doesn't mean they are NOT happening, they are!!!  the aftercare is all right if you are fine, but iffy if you are not.  Aftercare staff are NOT nurses or have any real medical accreditation, just on the job experience and "training".  So once again, OK i guess if you are fine, BUT do the new people really want to take those chances for a couple of thousand dollars was my MAIN concern, when the many cases that are NOT fine are costing so many hundreds of thousands more once home again.
Guess one has to weigh their priorities, but in all good conscious  I cannot and will not ever recommend them again!  

ishary
on 4/21/10 1:33 pm - Whittier, CA
On April 21, 2010 at 3:52 PM Pacific Time, stoongal wrote:
 Linda still has a leak in there somewhere, they tried to let her have a drink of grape juice yesterday but it came out in her pouch, so no eating or drinking yet!  Her husband has been able to take her out in a wheelchair for 1/2 hour when the temperatures are nice and not too windy, so that helps her spirits. She is down to just 2 IV's in her arm, that is a help and off the wound vacuum that was helping her incision to heal.  So progress of a sort but the end not in sight yet until that leak is healed!  Still in the hospital for a while yet.
What I am most concerned about the new facility called Jerusalem clinic is too many operations each day and that they cannot do critical care there,  they do not have the machines to diagnose real problems, so people like my sister go home with life threatening infections - leaks - what have  you- and for months are too ill to post here so first-hand experiences like you all want are few and far between.  Doesn't mean they are NOT happening, they are!!!  the aftercare is all right if you are fine, but iffy if you are not.  Aftercare staff are NOT nurses or have any real medical accreditation, just on the job experience and "training".  So once again, OK i guess if you are fine, BUT do the new people really want to take those chances for a couple of thousand dollars was my MAIN concern, when the many cases that are NOT fine are costing so many hundreds of thousands more once home again.
Guess one has to weigh their priorities, but in all good conscious  I cannot and will not ever recommend them again!  
You are a pillar of strength Donna. A strong tower!!
I have held you in my prayers since I read your first posting of your sister. I have shared your story with several people that I know to be "prayer warriors"
Much Love and Respect.
xxooxxoo
Irene
Lap Band March 2007
Band Slipped -Emergency Removal May 2008
Dr. Lopez Corvala- Hospital Angeles TJ

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010
Dr. Almanza-Jerusalem Clinic

LifeLover
on 4/22/10 1:04 am - Hoover, AL
Hi Donna,
I am so sorry to hear about your sister, I can't imagine what you all must be going through. Thank you for taking the time to post on OH and keep is updated.
Linda is in our thoughts and prayers.

XOXOXO,
Christi
We love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Kimberly129
on 4/22/10 5:58 am - Austin, TX
RNY on 12/02/10 with
Donna, I had wanted to get intouch with you to hear your side from you about Almanza, the only reason I never emailed you was once I had been givin your profile link your side was there, so I figured I would not bother you being that you had answered all my questions in your blog. I am terribly sorry to hear about your sister, and even tho I dont know any of you I will continue to pray for her. I wish you and your family all the best and hope your sister recovers soon.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views