Stoongal??

Danielle H.
on 4/21/10 4:22 am - North Hollywood, CA
I agree, there was never a question of your truthfulness Donna.  I too am praying for your sister.

Danielle H.
Notary Signing Agent
Certified and Background Screened
Studying for my Broker's license

thinasiwant
on 4/24/10 10:57 pm
I had a wonderful experience with Almanza, however, something has changed and I'm very worried for you. Stoongal is one of the most reliable sources I have heard on this board. You, like, like all adults will do what you want to do, however, all I advise you is this...take a love or close friend with good common sense and if you sense or see something wrong be willing to run like hell. Your life is worth more than any money or discounts.....take care of you....!!!
Hugs
Kira
Thinasiwant

LifeLover
on 4/19/10 6:19 pm - Hoover, AL
I don't think that anyone doubts Stoongal's story and it is hearbreaking to know what their family must be going through. Both Stoongal and her daughter went to Dr. Almanza and they were absolutely thrilled with their results. She then referred her sister to Dr. Almanza as well. Unfortunately, her sister did have complications and it is still unknown what the exact cir****tances were. I have read both that the Dr. wanted her to stay, but she did not want to pay more money to change her flight. Maybe had she stayed, the Dr.'s may have been able to stabalize her condition before it worsened while on her way to the states. I really don't know the true details of this story because I was not there. These are just things that I have read from different posts on here.

I do know that there is always a risk of complications with any surgery and no surgeon is exempt from this fact. While it is awful to hear that anyone suffers from a complication it is a fact that we must all take into consideration before deciding to have surgery.

This is ultimately your decision and have faith in whichever decision you choose to make will be the right one.

XOXOXO,
Christi
We love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

stoongal
on 4/22/10 4:33 am - Canada
On April 20, 2010 at 1:19 AM Pacific Time, LifeLover wrote:
I don't think that anyone doubts Stoongal's story and it is hearbreaking to know what their family must be going through. Both Stoongal and her daughter went to Dr. Almanza and they were absolutely thrilled with their results. She then referred her sister to Dr. Almanza as well. Unfortunately, her sister did have complications and it is still unknown what the exact cir****tances were. I have read both that the Dr. wanted her to stay, but she did not want to pay more money to change her flight. Maybe had she stayed, the Dr.'s may have been able to stabalize her condition before it worsened while on her way to the states. I really don't know the true details of this story because I was not there. These are just things that I have read from different posts on here.

I do know that there is always a risk of complications with any surgery and no surgeon is exempt from this fact. While it is awful to hear that anyone suffers from a complication it is a fact that we must all take into consideration before deciding to have surgery.

This is ultimately your decision and have faith in whichever decision you choose to make will be the right one.

XOXOXO,
Christi
 A few clarifications to what you may have heard.  Linda probably would have died had she stayed there any longer, they did NOT have the ventilator that she needed for her collapsed lung and the infection control would not have been possible there, an emergency surgery with cavity washes?  I don't think they could have handled that  - not with 6 or more surgeries booked in their tiny operating room each day.  Taking her to San Diego trauma center was not ever considered, but if it had of been, it would have bankrupted our family as our medicare would not have covered anything in the US.  In Canada at least hospitalization etc is not an extra cost to  us, out taxes pay for that.
The Dr's definitely did NOT want her to stay, we had already missed our Friday flight home.  We paid dearly for the flight changes for Saturday.  Me, $408, and Linda's was close to $100 I believe. 
All they did to stabilize her at the clinic was to put one of those little oxygen nose things in her nose, and gave her a saline solution to rehydrate her.  The Dr's were baffled, so much for emergency care there! The rest of the staff have no medical certification so they too were clueless.  NO, TAKING HER HOME SAVED HER LIFE!
Just wanted to explain what followed on her 4th day post-op (Friday) 
Donna

LifeLover
on 4/22/10 7:50 am - Hoover, AL
I'm sorry if you were offended by my post Donna, I had no intention of doing so. As I said these were things that I had read on other posts and I did not know the true details of what happened to Linda.
I do however, know that reading your posts previous to having had surgery with Dr. Almanza that you were one of the people that was extremely happy with your surgery experience. So I'm sure you understand that is why those of us that have great experiences like to let others know about them as well. I understand that your opinion has changed now and I completely understand why.
Again, I am truly sorry for all that your family is going through.

XOXOXO,
Christi
We love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 4/25/10 12:25 am
Hi Donna

Just found this thread and heard what happened to Linda. I'm glad you were able to get her home and sorry she still has a leak. 

Best wishes for her continued recovery!

Jackie

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

(deactivated member)
on 4/20/10 4:45 am, edited 4/20/10 4:48 am
1trendychic
on 4/20/10 11:29 am - Salem, OR
VSG on 05/19/10 with
Thanks everyone for your responses, it really helped me put into perspective.  You guy are so awesome.
stoongal
on 4/21/10 3:41 am - Canada
Yes, I still post occasionally, but my email addy is [email protected].
Glad  to talk to anyone! I babysit this afternoon tho...
Donna

hollykim
on 4/21/10 5:48 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
hey donna,
glad to see you posting. We have been worried about you and Linda and family. Hope she is better every day!
Holly

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views