One week after surgery....

FWLizzie
on 4/17/10 12:50 am - Fort Worth, TX
I'm feeling great and down almost 15 pounds...it has been alot easier than I anticipated.

I wish I've lost more but then again I don't know what the average is.  How did you feel after a week? I do have quite bit of itching but one of the nursing supervisors at a hospital where I work, saw them and said that's a sign of healing.

Did you still feel bloated? you know, kind of a pregnant feeling lol

Liz

bigisbad
on 4/17/10 1:12 am - Canada, Canada
Down 27 pounds and I agree... the hunger is not "really" there.
I feel great... not as much energy as I had hoped but its not even 2 weeks yet.
Stitches are all scabbed over and look great. Dr. taking them out on Monday.
And, yes very frigin itchin! But that's a good sign.
No, don't feel bloated and sorry... never been pregnant so no comparison.
Be good.

FWLizzie
on 4/17/10 1:22 am - Fort Worth, TX
Terry, you made my morning!

You would be a rich man, huh?

27 pounds? I'm so jealous...in a good way. 

Can you tell a bit yet? I did have 2 nurses come up to me and asked me if I was on a diet, lol

oregondiver
on 4/17/10 2:03 am - South Beach, OR
I'm feeling great as well.  I have been pretty lucky, even immediately after surgery I did not have a lot of gas. 

How are you doing with consuming protein.  I have tried some Isopure, but I have got to say, I hate it.  Are you consuming anything beside brother, jello, water or Popsicles?

Brandy K.
on 4/17/10 2:17 am - Garland, TX
I'm pretty sure that siblings are on the "Do not eat" list... even for pre-ops. Hehehe

greenolive
on 4/17/10 6:50 am
On April 17, 2010 at 9:03 AM Pacific Time, oregondiver wrote:
I'm feeling great as well.  I have been pretty lucky, even immediately after surgery I did not have a lot of gas. 

How are you doing with consuming protein.  I have tried some Isopure, but I have got to say, I hate it.  Are you consuming anything beside brother, jello, water or Popsicles?
I currently have a lapband that is about to kill me.  I want to revise to the sleeve.  But..... When I first started out, I hated ALL protein drinks.  Made me want to gag.  I finally found one that works as it sort of gets rid of that taste (don't know how to describe it).  Anyway, I take 1 scoop of unjury chocolate and 1 scoop of the unjury vanilla, 1 tablespoon full of the sugar free, decaf international coffee french vanilla flavor, and 1 tsp of instant coffee.  Mix it in 8 oz of water in one of those blender bottle thingys that has a ball in it that has been in the freezer about 20 min.  Shake it up real well and you are good to go. 

Sometimes, when I really want to get "wild" I will mix up some malt powder in the above and it is like a malt.  Plus the malt powder adds more protein.

Anyway, good luck on your journey and congratulations!
bigisbad
on 4/17/10 3:32 am - Canada, Canada
Same surgery date at Liz... almost
Broth, jello, SF Popsicles, apple sauce, water, cranberry, crystal light
Calcium tabs, liquid green **** that is suppose to be vitamins, B12 pill, pro biotic and liquid (god awful) omega 3
What a great day of food!

Danielle H.
on 4/17/10 7:55 am - North Hollywood, CA
Yay Liz!  So glad all is going smoothly for you. 

Danielle H.
Notary Signing Agent
Certified and Background Screened
Studying for my Broker's license

FWLizzie
on 4/17/10 8:31 am - Fort Worth, TX
It is!!! My sister came over today and told me she can tell already.

This was the best decision I've made in my life and I know the BEST IS YET TO COME!

After my husband passed away, I gained the weight and I knew I needed to do something about it as I need to be here for my kids.  I'm feeling great and am so Blessed to have my family's support. My sister Laura has been so good to me. I praise God for allowing this to happen!

KimChee
on 4/17/10 9:15 am

Hi Liz,

You just answered all the question I'd ask you on another thread. Sisters are the best especially when they're like Laura. My sis wanted to join me to Mexico to give me support as well but wanted me to wait til June when she could take time off from work and I just couldnt wait that long so I rough it out solo.

I'm so sorry about your husband you are waay too young to be widowed......sorry.
I agree 100% in our best decision and cheers to us and all the sleevers.

And I also praise with you!!!!

Joyce
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views