Who did you use?

Sharonjean63
on 4/18/10 3:02 am - Hamilton, TX

I agree with FWLizzie. I had surgery with Dr Almanza on 4-13-10 10lbs down and had a great experience and would do it again.

Good Luck

Sharon

Boscogirl
on 4/18/10 7:31 am - TX
Great experience with Dr. Almanza for $5500 plus airfare for 2 to San Diego and two nights hotel.  Wishing your brother all the best!
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

Highest/Surgery Weight 248 Goal Weight 165 Current Weight 165-175
                           Starting BMI 33.7 Current BMI 22.1
             I'm 42 years young, my height is 6' and I've had no plastics!
                                          I  my sleeve!!!
Kimberly129
on 4/18/10 10:11 am - Austin, TX
RNY on 12/02/10 with
I am in the process of going thru the stages, just had my phsyc eval once my surgeon has that then I can continue with the required blood work and hopefully everything goes off without a hitch. 

My brother wasnt interested in WLS untill I started talking about it and the things I have learned here from the RNY forum, and the weight loss b4 and after pictures, and talking about how there seem to be doctors in Mexico who do good jobs and not all are back alley butcher surgeons.

I started sharing with my brother that we could look into it for him and I'd support him thru the whole thing and he got real into wanting it, but I just wanna make sure that its a surgeon I would feel comfortable useing b4 I send my baby brother there (even if he is 28 hes still the baby

Thank you all for your posts and please keep them coming I am interested in as much as possible about any surgeon in Mexico.  I have been reading all the crazy hostle posts about that specific surgeon and it seems there is more good then bad but as much info as I can get on him would be awsome. 

I never know if I may end up needing to go to Mexico for my WLS if I get denied by the inusrance. Thanks
HW389 SW367 CW273 GW180 
1lb lost is 1 step closer to your g
oal !!

hollykim
on 4/18/10 10:29 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

You are going about it the right way. And you are looking at it the right way with common sense. There are no guarantees in self pay surgery no matter where you go.

Keep researching and you and your brother will know when the fit is right.\Holly

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views