I am feeling ashamed and guilty

(deactivated member)
on 4/18/10 3:16 am, edited 4/18/10 8:03 am
 Hi Toni,

And, Aceves has had at least 2 deaths.

Can't you just imagine the billboard the Anti-Almanza Gang would have for themselves?

Anti-Almanza Gang Bariatric Surgery:
You'll never leave with an infection or a leak
'Cause we'll sedate you 'til you're healed
In your own room, in your own bed
Come to us! It's like heaven was revealed.
And don't forget our full service policy,
If we feel like it, we'll let you know you're dead!

This ad sponsored by the Anti-Almanza Gang

Danielle H.
on 4/17/10 3:45 pm - North Hollywood, CA

Liz and Summer nailed it.  Please don't beat yourself up.  You were doing it out of kindness, not malice.  I think I've gotten a couple of PM's of this nature but have referred them to the boards.  Especially 'cause I'm still pre-op.  Yeesh, why aske me what I think?  I couldn't possibly know yet. 

As far as them getting people to change sides, well it didn't work on me.  It's actually having the opposite effect with me.  Anyone with intelligence will see through the stupidity.  It really is that transparent.

My worry is that if we don't refute false allegations or just ignore it, will it be harder for newbies to see the truth?  I mean, I don't like getting into it either but if someone is being false should that be pointed out?  It was through those posts that showed me how false they were.  I mean, the clearly malicious and falsly negative posts.  I get that not everyone has a great experience--stoongal's sister.  Really hope she makes a quick turn for the better.

Anywhoo, I'm done.  Don't blame yourself Cheryl.  You are good people and were just trying to be helpful.

Danielle H.
Notary Signing Agent
Certified and Background Screened
Studying for my Broker's license

(deactivated member)
on 4/18/10 2:51 am
I think your worry is well founded, Dani.

There are people out there who need the surgery but who do not have the money for it, plain and simple. Let's say that some have seen the anti-Almanza posts and they decide to wait until they can save the money. While someone is waiting, s/he has a heart attack and dies, due to her/his obesity. After a thorough investigation, it was found that the death could have been prevented had the person gone to the clinic but the person was convinced not to go by the anti-Almanza by one, some or all of the Anti-Almanza Gang.

What about this person's family and friends? It's easy to fly around OH and drop these Anti-Almanza bombs when you can't see the faces of those who will die and those suffering from the death.

Should dmt, mwg, pfm, ishary and the like be accountable for this death? If they take the "wins", should they also have to take the losses?

But, here's the thing. The Anti-Almanza Gang will not consider any other sides of the story. They believe that their ends justify their means. They believe they have the right to determine who has surgery and who does not.

This is why they bother me so much. They "Aww, Honey", "Hi Sweetheart", all the way to "You're an idiot", "Moron", "Cow! Pig!" and "farmyard animal" their way into coercing people not to get the surgery.

You'd think they'd do something positive like try raise money for Linda, set-up a support group, auction off some of their services, auction off some of their stuff, ask others to auction off their stuff.

You'd think they would try to get another surgeon or other surgeons to offer her/his services to provide a free surgery for a qualifying person, once a week or once a month or something, something to offset the damage they are also doing.

But no. Instead they lie and manipulate their way through OH and VST and wherever else they are posting.

Then, to top it all off, some of them are cowards! They block people who provide another viewpoint?

This is why I feel so badly about anyone ever thinking I would support anyone who was part of such a group with it and its members' skewed values and morality.

Anyway, thanks very much for your kind words, Dani.

Take care,
Cheryl

(deactivated member)
on 4/18/10 5:10 am
 Sorry, dmt.

Where I come from, lying is not part of it.

Where I come from, you are who you are. And, you don't ask for help with one hand, while you stab me or anyone else for that matter, in the back with the other.

That clinic or any other is no more "all bad" as you believe you are "all good" and vice versa.

As to my views on Dr Betancourt's MD license, after much reflection, my conclusions are my own and I'll not go into that again when they are readily available to read.

As to why his legal advice is to send letters rather than reply personally, I really don't know. If I remember Law 101, to do anything else can be an admittance to culpability where none may have existed. There has to be a direct line of cause and effect shown.

I also remembered reading on VST that Donna had to really work hard to convince some there that she was not a Betancourt coordinator, just because she had a positive experience and because she had taken her daughter there as well. She said she was a very good friend of Dr Betancourt and that was it.

There are many possibilities regarding that relationship. It could be that Dr B would not help Donna or Linda. Why? He didn't feel obligated to or he didn't know if Linda would sue him or it wasn't the clinic's fault or he did try to help but it wasn't enough or it was a decision to save the greater good or, or, or, I really don't know. What I do know is that it never helps to fail to consider all sides to the story.

If people have negative experiences, I don't understand why they don't post, if they really want to really help. I've been taking a lot of crap from you and from mwg just because I post at least 2 sides to the story. But, I really want to really help, so I don't let it bother me.

I don't understand why it is that you can't see how much you are hurting those who would like to post their negative responses but don't. Why? Because they see how, through yours or mwg or anyone else from your gang, they can be hurt and terrorized. If you think lying and deceit is the way to do things on OH or otherwise, you are actually showing people why they should not post.

You and yours are demonstrating that you are exactly like what you accuse Dr Betancourt of being.

Because of "guilt by association", Donna and Linda may not get the support they need because like you, they will be painted by the same brush you have been swinging around. I
f Dr Betancourt ever wanted to do something, now, he could not -- because of you and the way your gang does things, he could never believe Donna or Linda could trust him or be trustworthy. You stopped helping Donna and Linda as soon as you tried to "use" them.

You may have the good intentions in mind, but the way you do things, is as important as what you do for the short term....the way you do things, is much, much, more important than what you do, for the long term.

hollykim
on 4/18/10 10:46 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Cheryl,i agree with the others. Michelle, aka,midwesterngirl,bigcitygal,wasabubblebutt, and others can't hide who she is. i can spot a fake identity of hers almost from the first few words.

after reading enough of her posts you began to see the pattern. I have been watching her for nearly 3 years,now.

If you will notice she never posts about this group under Midwesterngirl. That is because she has had a lawsuit filed against for slander and defamation without proof. If you ever see her post under that user name do let me know. I can't be everywhere at once,lol.

I hate the drama as much as any one else. My efforts in replying to these threads is for the benefit of those coming after me. Those researching should have the whole story  and someone has to be rational and use common sense arguments so the newbies can see the whole picture,use their own intelligence and make an educated decision. I know they are not stupid and are perfectly able to read between the lines in the posts.

You have done no harm here,Cheryl,really.
Holly

Laurie D.
on 4/18/10 11:13 am - pembroke pines, fl
This girl has some serious mental issues. She needs to be on medication. I only wonder what started all this venum in her head that she has to continuously spam this list. Nice to see you Holly.

(deactivated member)
on 4/18/10 12:59 pm
Ah, yes, I see what you mean. Thanks for that. I think I spotted one regarding asking about outdated lap bands and old equipment and stuff like that?

Anyway, I don't want to be paranoid because it will end up that someone *****ally needs help and is sincere, will not get what s/he needs.

At the end of the day, as long as one always tells the truth to friend or otherwise, I suppose it doesn't matter that I got conned. As long as it's only my ego that's been bruised, then I can certainly live with that.

And, you taught me something. So, things are looking up!

Thank you, Holly!

Take care,
Cheryl
(deactivated member)
on 5/29/10 2:33 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
On April 18, 2010 at 5:46 PM Pacific Time, hollykim wrote:
Cheryl,i agree with the others. Michelle, aka,midwesterngirl,bigcitygal,wasabubblebutt, and others can't hide who she is. i can spot a fake identity of hers almost from the first few words.

after reading enough of her posts you began to see the pattern. I have been watching her for nearly 3 years,now.

If you will notice she never posts about this group under Midwesterngirl. That is because she has had a lawsuit filed against for slander and defamation without proof. If you ever see her post under that user name do let me know. I can't be everywhere at once,lol.

I hate the drama as much as any one else. My efforts in replying to these threads is for the benefit of those coming after me. Those researching should have the whole story  and someone has to be rational and use common sense arguments so the newbies can see the whole picture,use their own intelligence and make an educated decision. I know they are not stupid and are perfectly able to read between the lines in the posts.

You have done no harm here,Cheryl,really.
Holly
"If you will notice she never posts about this group under Midwesterngirl. That is because she has had a lawsuit filed against for slander and defamation without proof. If you ever see her post under that user name do let me know. I can't be everywhere at once,lol."

Where is your proof of this " Do you have a case number and a website ? or are you just spreading false rumors ?

Really I want to know.
(deactivated member)
on 5/29/10 4:16 am - Nashville, TN
(deactivated member)
on 5/29/10 2:30 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
On April 18, 2010 at 10:54 AM Pacific Time, donemytime wrote:
In order to get REAL info on this forum, lying is part of it UNFORTUNATELY!! Cheryl, how do I know your not Sandy or someone else from the coordinating staff....this is common practice on here...Just look at Sandy, she NEVER EVER answer one question that is posed to her...she talks a WIDE circle around everything. I liked you until you decided that Betancourt not having a license was irrelevant. It is...He administers narcotics...pull out drains...and actually makes doctor calls...like it's just some  gas..etc. If this is ok....call me when your appendix needs taking out...I'll give you the drugs to put you to sleep...DO THAT MAKE SENSE?????
Linda is only one of many. You know it, I know it, Sandy knows it, WE ALL KNOW IT!!!!! It's the covering up and bolstering of the clinic that makes me SICK!!!
WHY DOES THE CLINIC SEND LEGAL LETTERS OUT INSTEAD OF HELPING THESE PEOPLE???
I am so pleased when I hear someone made it out of there with out incident. back in 2009 later in the year...the infection rate was through the roof. Why do the ones that have a great experience beat up the ones looking for support after a bad experience. And everyone wonders why they don't post...well some are still in the hospital.
What has happened to humanity...to make ME go undercover to find out as much as I possibly can about this clinic and warn people? We all know the answers to this.
These clinic are there for US. We are not there for them! You pay your coordinator to book a friggin surgery...that's all they do. It is said over and over. They lie when asked about anything negative. Maybe they don't know what is going on...BUT BETANCOURT DOES.
OH I JUST MAILED AWAY FOR A LICENSE...DO YOU WANT ONE TOO??? I'm using Betancourts supplier. Now do you feel better that I am a "real" doctor???
This is real simple for everyone.
BETANCOURT RUNS A STACK EM RACK EM OPERATION, AND WILL HAVE TO ANSWER TO THIS SOON...Believe me I can't wait...don't get caught in the crossfire...you are in TJ after all...and maybe no one at the clinic will be your friend...maybe your coordinator wont be there.
Trust me or not...this is not an option for anyone...discount or not...your life is worth more.
As far a deceiving you Cheryl, I don't think you are Sandy anymore...you are much more intelligent that she will ever be...and if you are her...Be Doubleflame and not Zsflower...she just comes off like a moron with ZERO answers to any questions.
If he is not a doctor and you don't care...why does it matter who little old Brenda really is? Now THAT does not matter as much as a doctor poser...NO????YES?????
For LINDA.......and the countless others in pain!!
Fighting the good fight,
Brenda
BUMP
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?