I am feeling ashamed and guilty

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/10 9:02 am
At the time, I didn't think anything of it. And, I confess, helping a fellow Canadian seemed the right thing to do. Now, I feel ashamed and guilty as hell.

This donemytime person pm'd me in February, asking me if I knew anyone from Saskatoon who might be able to talk with her about WLS and Almanza. I suggested Stoongal because I had seen her and her daughter's posts on VST and as far as I could tell, they both were highly regarded and Stoongal is from Saskatoon. Dmt also asked me about my experience, which was already on my blog. I gave her the information she requested and then she disappeared, only to return as, as, well, as what you see now.

Somehow dmt has all of this information about PeanutFreeMom (PFM) that PFM is not refuting and that PFM said she knew no details about. Now donemytime is saying she's been at the clinic and she's seen everything....? Good grief -- talk about diabolical.

I feel ashamed because I let myself be played -- just like a Stradivarius, I was played. I feel guilty because I think I unleashed this person on Stoongal, who in turn, may have been duped. I mean, what if they (PFM, dmt and MWG and others) are taking advantage of Stoongal when Stoongal is in a very emotional state?

What if they are taking advantage of Stoongal's feelings of guilt and remorse, only to further their own agenda?

If this is what has happened, I don't think I could forgive myself.

If this is what has happened, I'm very sorry, Donna.

Sincerely,
Cheryl
FWLizzie
on 4/17/10 9:16 am - Fort Worth, TX
Cheryl,

You have no reason to feel ashamed or guilty...you were asked questions and you simply answered. People's agendas...you can't predict.

I'm so Blessed to have a family that supports me and I'm sure Donna has the same.  If they're taking advantage of her fragile status, that only goes to tell you where their hearts are.

I believe in Karma as you know it always takes care of things.  Donna is in my prayers along with her family....whatever happened to her is done and we should just pray for her recovery and worry about what happened later.   It really makes me sad to see all the bashing, specially from people who have never been there.

I choose not to respond, not because I'm afraid of what their response might be, but more because I choose not to be involved in so much negatism...it can really bring you down if you let it. They will never run out of things to say and I choose not to be involved in their poisonous game.  They don't realize they are dealing with people's emotions and might even say that their intentions are good....there's a way to say things without being so rude, insulting or offensive.

I have never gone on here to make people go to Dr Almanza...I've simply stated that my surgery went great and shared my experience and if someone asked me anything I respond. It's a personal decision and no one can make you do anything you don't want to do.

Don't lose sleep over this and this post really talks about what a good heart you have. Let's continue to pray for Donna along with everyone else that has surgeries coming up...regardless of who their surgeon is.

Liz

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/10 11:03 am
 Hi Liz,

I understand everything you are saying. And especially, about being a part of anyone's "poisonous game". It's a good thing that some poison "tastes" really bad so that you can spit it out before getting really hurt. It can still make you feel sick, though.

Thanks Liz,
Cheryl

bikerchickk
on 4/17/10 9:23 am - Sequim, WA
You cannot feel guilty about other peoples actions. Only your actions can hurt you. There are people out there who have agenda's that make no sense to me. I know there is a resentful ex employee of Dr Almanza on here that is on a mission to slander him for revenge of losing her job. But some of the others reasons for scaring and terroizing his pts makes me worry about their mental stability. I have heard all the lies and innuendo's and wonder who takes the time to make these up and as outrageous as they are how anyone believes them. I have a health care back ground, I know better. But there are a lot of people who believe. There is an author who says "(People) they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool." (Terry Goodkind)
Hugs
Summer

Height 5'6"  HW 263 SW 239 LW 142 From size 20/22 to size 5/6   

At 4 years out I crept back up to 180 now working my way back down. CW 173 size 10

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/10 11:47 am
Hi Summer,

I've never been on a public forum before OH. No facebook, no twitter, no games, nothing like those at all. I have to say I was shocked by some of the things I have read on this site as well as VST (where this stuff is also going on).

So many issues are taken to be black or white, when a person can't possibly know everything that is going on. And, the swearing and name calling -- I just don't get it. This is a public website. Every single thing that any one writes is up for grabs. Don't people care about how they are being perceived by potential clients, employers or viewers in general? What if their kids, their grandchildren end up reading some of the stuff they've written? I guess they have more confidence than even Goodkind believed.

If my family and friends ever thought that by reading my posts and pms, that I was involved in such behavior, I would be devastated. But, I'm also accountable for my mistakes, intentional or not. Where I come from, we admit to our mistakes, apologize and try to make things right.

I really do appreciate that quote. It's very humbling and in a good way.

Thanks Summer,
Cheryl

BTR1DAY
on 4/17/10 12:36 pm - Danbury, CT
Wuz Summer??  I love your laughs and I see you are doing great!!  I'm happy for you...for us.
     HW:247  SW:227      Goal Weight 140    (For Now)                                                     
LifeLover
on 4/17/10 9:48 am - Hoover, AL
Hi Cheryl,
I completely agree with both Liz & Summer. I truly couldn't have said it better myself. I absolutely hate to hear that anyone is in pain or suffering after having had surgery. I pray for her family and recovery.

I also think none of us should feel guilty for recommending our surgeon when our personal experience has been a good one. (Including Stoongal) Unfortunately, no one can for see any complication that could possibly arise.

I will continue to stand behind my surgeon & surgery experience....Not because I am a "follower" or "worshiper" or whatever else happy Almanza patients have been referred to as, but because it was in fact a great experience for myself.

I am very saddened that there are patients that have had both positive and negative experiences and we can no longer decipher fact from fiction because of AWFUL people out there with some kind of hidden agenda.

I don't even know what I am typing at this point. I have tried to stay off of this subject because I don't want to be called an "Idiot" or a "Pig" like others have been unfortunately called. I can't imagine talking to anyone like that and sinking to the level of name calling. That in itself should speak volumes of the type of person/people we are talking about. Theses people that "don't want to see any one hurt" sure know how to be hurtful with their words! Hmmmmm? I just hope that others can read between the lines about who is being honest and who is not.
We love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/10 12:27 pm, edited 4/17/10 12:27 pm
Well, yes! It's a terrible thing when someone is suffering. It's even worse when it's someone with whom you have a connection, regardless of how tenuous.

When someone is in distress, it should be a no brainer that we all try to help, if we can and as much as we can. If we can't, we can't. We can't deny our experiences. It's this "if you're not with us, you're against us" mentality that is so divisive and so hurtful. I truly, truly hope that no one would take advantage of someone's vulnerabilities, just to get them to change sides. They're too Machivellian, for me, anyway.

Yet, the hi-mach people usually get what they want because they don't care about how they get it. Well, I got got. And, I hope it's just me.

Thanks LifeLover!
Cheryl

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/10 1:16 pm
If you needed help, why didn't you just ask? Why lie and trick me? Why is it necessary to be so mean?

I can't help you or anyone unless you're upfront about what you want help with. And, I have to say that I will I find it very difficult to believe you because you've been dishonest with me right from the start. With me, you started out by putting yourself in a hole. I expect you to dig yourself out and come clean before I can even start to believe you.

If you really want me to help Donna because you really want to help Donna, you have to answer at least, those questions. And, you have to tell me who you are and what relationship you have to the clinic. It wouldn't hurt if you stopped with the personal attacks.

If you don't want my help, that's fine. But, you should know, it's because of you that I do not go out of my way to help.

Sincerely,
Cheryl

TeacherToni
on 4/18/10 1:03 am
Brenda,

Today, on the VSB board, I read that Dr. Joya nicked a patient's liver and then wouldn't let her leave the country until she paid the extra costs associated with the doctor's mistake.

Do you plan to aim your investigative skills in Dr. Joya's direction? If so, I think this information would be helpful to those planning surgery in Mexico.

:-)

Toni
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views