Street View of Hospital San Jose Tec de Monterrey (Drs. Guajardo, Rumbaut, Zorilla)

Brandy K.
on 4/16/10 12:33 am - Garland, TX
This is where I'll be going, so of course, I looked at it from every angle. 

Guards. Yay!

Isn't it pretty?

Service entrance, nurses, big steel doors and another guard. Yay!

Entrance gates and a pharmacy... I gotta check that place out. I hear they're verrrry different than the pharmacies up here.

Emily F.
on 4/16/10 4:11 am
My hotel would call the pharmacy and they deliveredd 24 hours a day. I never had to go there. I even got extra pain pills bc I wanted them.
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
Brandy K.
on 4/16/10 5:08 am - Garland, TX
That's awesome! I wonder if I can get the same kind of service at my hotel in Monterrey. That would be awesome given the amount of time I'll be there.

Emily F.
on 4/16/10 8:01 am
Its totally different down there, you don't need any prescriptions but the doc will write out what you need. My doc said they pretty much will prescribe controlled drugs for hospital bound and non controlled drugs for anyone at home. I guess that's how they handle it. I have a friend that buys antibiotics just to have on hand when she goes to Mexico. lol.
(deactivated member)
on 5/29/10 1:17 am, edited 5/29/10 1:19 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
I hate starting a question off like this, because it makes me sound like a moron, but, I "heard" that the narcotics you get in Mexico are not as strong as the ones that are prescribes here ( US).

Jeebus I'm sorry if that makes me sound stupid.

Know of any websites where I can find out if this is fact or fiction ?

Edited to say, I just found this.  phoenix.about.com/cs/health/a/mexicodrugs.htm

Emily F.
on 5/29/10 1:53 am
I don't know about that, I seriously doubt you would get any kind of narcotics once you are out of the hospital, at least I would hope not. The pain killer (once I was out of the hospital) was on didn't have any side effects for me, personally I didn't think they were strong at all, but the desk clerk at the hotel said they were strong when I ordered more to take home.

So I'm not sure about the question, maybe email your surgeon or patient coordinator, they should know.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views