Dr Joya in Mexico

maritza4700
on 3/2/13 2:07 am - FL

Hello Everyone- Has anyone had the Gastric Bypass in Mexico with Dr. Joya or any doctor within the last year, (2012-2013)? I'm looking for recent post from individuals that just had the surgery. What was your experience like? How much did it cost?  Are you able to finance part of it? What's the down payment? What about the after care when you are back home in the U.S? Any information that might help me would be great. I'm saving up the money and in a year I should be ready to plan for my trip.

Thank you!

mamabaer
on 3/29/13 1:29 pm - MO

Hi,

I am scheduled to have surgery with Dr. Joya  on April 19th.  I have sent in my $1000 down payment and am planning to take a cashiers check with me. My total is $6000. No financing unless you are in canada. After care will be with my own doc.  Mine has agreed to do my check ups yearly and anything else necessary.  Send me a message after I return and I will share whatever I can. Also check out youtube there are some great videos with people who used Dr. Joya

MandyinTX
on 4/24/13 8:31 am, edited 4/24/13 8:31 am

Hi, I am looking into having gastric bypass surgery in Mexico with Dr.Joya. Could anyone please share their experiences with him? Please, I would greatly appreciate it. I have been looking him up online, and have called his office. But, I am still worried, being this is out of the country, and there are always scammers out here.

Thank you.

MandyinTX
on 5/20/13 3:38 am, edited 5/20/13 10:36 am
I am actually in Puerta Vallarta right now, I had gastric bypass surgery on May 17 with Dr. Joya. I am feeling good, and feel like I had the best medical attention I have ever had!

Don't allow your fear to stop you! I'm happy with my decision and looking forward to what is to come!!

Surgery date: May 17, 2013  Surgery: Gastric Bypass   Doctor:Joya Location: Puerta Vallarta Mexico

Seeing myself in a picture changed my life, I finally said no more. What ever I have to do to make my dreams come true I will do it!! And little did I know that's when my journey would begin! And so here I go!! :)

Laurie D.
on 4/21/10 2:57 pm - OR
RNY on 07/16/07 with

My surgery and care in the 8-9 days afterwards were handled very well by Dr Joya and his staff.  I don't think twice about recommending him. 

FYI...I am nearly three years out and have never once regretted my decision to have the surgery.  Best wishes!!  

H 312  /  C 148 
Visit my WLS blog at:  www.bluepetels.blogspot.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views