Street View of Dr. Almanza's clinic...

FWLizzie
on 4/18/10 1:48 am - Fort Worth, TX
Sandy, you DO NOT owe anyone an explanation...

It's just the same people that are starting all this commotion...why give them time of your day to deal with their nonsense...people like them will never be satisfied...just ignore them! as you can see, people are continuing to schedule surgeries with Dr Almanza...so if anything, they are only coming across as mentally unstable.

I just read in the main forum how someone got an infection here in the U.S. and had to be hospitalized and a month later still taking antibiotics...is someone working on closing that clinic down as well?

My sister-n-law, in her 20's went to have her gall bladder taken out...here in the U.S. she was a size 4 and wasn't supposed to have any complications...well something happened and she had to be hospitalized for 3 months...Dr still practing...

hollykim
on 4/18/10 6:55 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Just in case anyone is interested,I find it fascinating that you were more interested in Posting a site map for a surgeon you are not even using BEFORE you even post one about your own surgeon.

I realize the additional posts about Dr. Joyal,etc is a second thought so people wouldn't think you were trying to keep the frama going.

Well,guess what? it didn't work,We Know you were trying to keep the drama going.

Boscogirl
on 4/18/10 7:02 am - TX
I agree 100%.  I will just never understand some people's need to do this.  We ALL know the clinic is in a strip mall...with an adult store none the less.  It's not a newsflash!
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

Highest/Surgery Weight 248 Goal Weight 165 Current Weight 165-175
                           Starting BMI 33.7 Current BMI 22.1
             I'm 42 years young, my height is 6' and I've had no plastics!
                                          I  my sleeve!!!
Brandy K.
on 4/18/10 7:57 am - Garland, TX
I haven't taken part in this drama. But think what you like. I'd already seen my hospital and no one else I've seen on these boards is getting ready to go to Monterrey. There are people getting ready to go to Drs. Almanza and Joya. And actually, I posted street views of my hospital on another thread before I posted Almanza's and Joya's. That's what gave me the idea in the first place.

I really do think that street view is a great thing for those of us getting ready to go. It's great to see it all before we get there. I go to street view almost daily because I'm so anxious to get there! Seeing it in that kind of perspective makes it feel like I'm already there.

You had a great experience at this clinic. What's your issue with this thread?

Boscogirl
on 4/18/10 8:28 am - TX
My issue with this thread is that it turned into an "Almanza" bashing thread.  Or have you not noticed that?  And, I'm sorry...I'm a little grouchy about it.  Try to put yourself in our position.  How would you feel if this were your surgeon who was being bashed every single day on the freakin' website?  Believe me, it gets real old, real fast.  Not only is our surgeon being bashed but we are being called all sorts of foul names for expressing our personal experiences and opinions and be called stupid, idiot etc.  We are accused of attacking anyone with a different opinion or attacking anyone who speaks out about having a problem and that is simply NOT TRUE!  WE are the ones who are being attacked at every turn just because we stick by our true feelings and experiences.

Also, you DID post the "streetview" of Dr. Almanza's clinic FITST so it does look like maybe you were trying to stir up trouble.  But ,if that was not your intention then I believe you and I apogize for being angry about it.  I have interacted with you on several occasions and I have nothing against you (even though you have a very negative opinion of Jeruselum Clinic....nothing wrong with that) and I wish you nothing but the best in your upcoming surgery.
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

I  my sleeve!!!
Brandy K.
on 4/18/10 8:49 am - Garland, TX
I hear you. I know it must reallysuck to defend your decision to go with this clinic every day. You are right. I do have a negative opinion of this clinic and that's why I chose a different surgeon, but I've never urged anyone to change their mind after they've selected Dr. Almanza. I understand the financial constraints we deal with. That's why I was interested in Almanza myself in the beginning.

I don't agree with the flaming from either side. I don't think Dr. Almanza's patients are stupid. Who knows? The extra thousands I'm spending to be in a hospital might not keep me from an infection or other complications. Even though my surgeon keeps his patients in Mexico for a week after surgery, that doesn't mean I'm guaranteed to be trouble free once I get home. I hope it means that's less likely. I'll know soon enough.

Like I said before, I do wish more people here had used my surgeon and talked about him... Clearly, not the massive amount of negative comments like those here... But SOMETHING would be nice.

Boscogirl
on 4/18/10 10:12 am - TX
I'm sure your extra thousands will be well spent if for nothing more than more peace of mind.  You did exactly what I am talking about....you made a decision for yourself that you were comfortable with and that is exactly what everyone needs to be doing.  I am sure that everything will go off without a hitch for you and you will be very pleased with your choice.  All the best to you and I will look forward to hearing the "all is well" from you!
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

I  my sleeve!!!
hollykim
on 4/18/10 11:17 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On April 18, 2010 at 2:57 PM Pacific Time, Osage18 wrote:
I haven't taken part in this drama. But think what you like. I'd already seen my hospital and no one else I've seen on these boards is getting ready to go to Monterrey. There are people getting ready to go to Drs. Almanza and Joya. And actually, I posted street views of my hospital on another thread before I posted Almanza's and Joya's. That's what gave me the idea in the first place.

I really do think that street view is a great thing for those of us getting ready to go. It's great to see it all before we get there. I go to street view almost daily because I'm so anxious to get there! Seeing it in that kind of perspective makes it feel like I'm already there.

You had a great experience at this clinic. What's your issue with this thread?
See,I think you are

participating in the drama by posting this aerial view. You HAD,absolutely,HAD to know what kind of reviews it would get.

Did you see the reviews the other two posts got.3 and 0,at my last counting. That IS participating in the drama,even tho you never said one bad thing,ya didn't have to,it was understood.

other than this comment above,I agree with everything Boscogirl said in the post below. I wish you the very best journey to good health,
most sincerely,
holly

NursieGirl
on 4/19/10 4:20 pm
 Hey, some people care who bought what at the adult store.  I was interested to know about the love boutique!  I will need something to do while I'm recovering!  

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views