Street View of Dr. Almanza's clinic...

ishary
on 4/16/10 4:06 am - Whittier, CA
On April 16, 2010 at 10:49 AM Pacific Time, zsflower wrote:

OK.. I'm accused of being everyone else!  I only wish I had that kind of time! 

I really do want to help and I really do want to see people have a safe and successful surgery.  For those of you that want to spend your time on all the negativity instead of support, go ahead! 

I think Donna needs all the support she can get right now.  I don't believe her sister's complication was the doctor's fault.  I think if was very unfortunate, but no one's fault.  I can see now that some people don't want to hear what I have to say.  They THINK they know me and what I am about....but they have NO idea! 

I will say, as I have before, I am happy to talk to anyone that wants to ask me questions regarding ANYTHING.  I will also be attending the Obesity Help Event May 21st.  Please stop by my table and meet me.

I wish everyone the best of health and happiness! 

If you think Donna needs all the support she can get right now what have you or the organization that you represent don to ease the pain or be supportive of this family?

Just curious.

Lap Band March 2007
Band Slipped -Emergency Removal May 2008
Dr. Lopez Corvala- Hospital Angeles TJ

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010
Dr. Almanza-Jerusalem Clinic

ishary
on 4/16/10 6:52 am - Whittier, CA
On April 16, 2010 at 10:49 AM Pacific Time, zsflower wrote:

OK.. I'm accused of being everyone else!  I only wish I had that kind of time! 

I really do want to help and I really do want to see people have a safe and successful surgery.  For those of you that want to spend your time on all the negativity instead of support, go ahead! 

I think Donna needs all the support she can get right now.  I don't believe her sister's complication was the doctor's fault.  I think if was very unfortunate, but no one's fault.  I can see now that some people don't want to hear what I have to say.  They THINK they know me and what I am about....but they have NO idea! 

I will say, as I have before, I am happy to talk to anyone that wants to ask me questions regarding ANYTHING.  I will also be attending the Obesity Help Event May 21st.  Please stop by my table and meet me.

I wish everyone the best of health and happiness! 

I think everybody is waiting to hear what the group you represent is going to do for this lady?
Lap Band March 2007

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010

bigisbad
on 4/17/10 3:27 am - Canada, Canada
What happened to comments on the "street view of a clinic"?
hmmm......

Brandy K.
on 4/17/10 3:40 am - Garland, TX
Hijacked!

Hey, you were there... I posted a link to the street view of a lifestyle center that had a Staples and some other things in it. I couldn't see everything in it. There were some trees in the way and, of course, the street view doesn't go into the parking lot. It's up a ways. Is that were the new clinic is?

ishary
on 4/17/10 4:31 am - Whittier, CA
The clinic is right next to an Office Depot, a video rental, a janitorial supply service, a computer type techie store, possibly a travel agency, and a restaurant is on the opposite side down by the lingerie shop.
I walked trying to get rid of the gas in that little stip mall several laps. I think thats all that was there???  Everyone keeps talking about a Costoc, but I think it must be on the back side as I never saw it??

Lap Band March 2007

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010

bigisbad
on 4/17/10 9:38 am - Canada, Canada
The only store I remember was the Love Boutique.
that worked for us.
Staples, Costco and Home depot are adjacent.

hollykim
on 4/17/10 1:16 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Ha,thought she would cause another big stink didn't she!

zsflower
on 4/17/10 5:58 pm - Elk Grove, CA
  The reason I stopped posting is because I really don't believe that most of you that are so "passionate" on this thread really want to hear what I have to say.  You have assumed so much, twisted words and filled in blanks that this has become something different than it started out to be. 

Several points.  What if a patient leaves against medical advice?  What if their symptoms become worse after they leave?  Who do you blame?  The patient?  I wouldn't!  I also wouldn't blame the doctor.  The reason I wouldn't blame the patient or the doctor in this cir****tance is because maybe the patient's tests didn't indicate a leak...yet.  Maybe the patient needed/wanted to get home or didn’t want the expense of changing their flight. Maybe if the patient had stayed and had another test, it would have been caught or maybe the patient would have exhibited more clearly the symptoms of a leak, high fever, extreme pain, etc.  If a patient leaves before another test is done or they exhibit the classic symptoms, whose fault is it?  Do we have to place blame? 

A housekeeper taking out a drain?!  WOW!  Is it possible that's inaccurate?

Not equipped to handle an emergency?  Really?  Based on?  It is equipped and has handled emergencies successfully!

When I have stated that infections happen and complications happen with all doctors, my words were twisted to say, "Complications are acceptable, they are expected and common" I never said any of those things. 

I will again say that I think some of you are actually happy this happened to this patient so that you feel you have the right to now say, "I told you so".  That is sad! You also want it to be true only for this doctor so that you can feel better about your choices.

If you believe this is the only case of this happening and the only doctor in Mexico, or any place else that has had a patient with a leak, you are wrong.  Does that make it a good thing?  NO!  You want a written guarantee that you are going to have surgery without any chance of a complication?  Good luck!  You won't find a surgeon anywhere that will guarantee that! 

I have had several people call and send me copies of posts and beg me to post.  I have offered to speak to anyone that would like to call.  Some said they would, they haven't.  The people that have called are not the ones that are posting about how they want answers and how important it is to get them!  Why haven't you called?  I think it's because you don't really want the answers, you just want to keep this thread going and continue on with your witch hunt!  You would much rather assume and spin your own story as to the details.  You have a different agenda.    And as for “Brenda/Michelle", I’m not going to waste my time!

Sandy Johnston
Patient Care Coordinator
aLighterMe.com

ishary
on 4/18/10 12:48 am - Whittier, CA
On April 18, 2010 at 12:58 AM Pacific Time, zsflower wrote:
  The reason I stopped posting is because I really don't believe that most of you that are so "passionate" on this thread really want to hear what I have to say.  You have assumed so much, twisted words and filled in blanks that this has become something different than it started out to be. 

Several points.  What if a patient leaves against medical advice?  What if their symptoms become worse after they leave?  Who do you blame?  The patient?  I wouldn't!  I also wouldn't blame the doctor.  The reason I wouldn't blame the patient or the doctor in this cir****tance is because maybe the patient's tests didn't indicate a leak...yet.  Maybe the patient needed/wanted to get home or didn’t want the expense of changing their flight. Maybe if the patient had stayed and had another test, it would have been caught or maybe the patient would have exhibited more clearly the symptoms of a leak, high fever, extreme pain, etc.  If a patient leaves before another test is done or they exhibit the classic symptoms, whose fault is it?  Do we have to place blame? 

A housekeeper taking out a drain?!  WOW!  Is it possible that's inaccurate?

Not equipped to handle an emergency?  Really?  Based on?  It is equipped and has handled emergencies successfully!

When I have stated that infections happen and complications happen with all doctors, my words were twisted to say, "Complications are acceptable, they are expected and common" I never said any of those things. 

I will again say that I think some of you are actually happy this happened to this patient so that you feel you have the right to now say, "I told you so".  That is sad! You also want it to be true only for this doctor so that you can feel better about your choices.

If you believe this is the only case of this happening and the only doctor in Mexico, or any place else that has had a patient with a leak, you are wrong.  Does that make it a good thing?  NO!  You want a written guarantee that you are going to have surgery without any chance of a complication?  Good luck!  You won't find a surgeon anywhere that will guarantee that! 

I have had several people call and send me copies of posts and beg me to post.  I have offered to speak to anyone that would like to call.  Some said they would, they haven't.  The people that have called are not the ones that are posting about how they want answers and how important it is to get them!  Why haven't you called?  I think it's because you don't really want the answers, you just want to keep this thread going and continue on with your witch hunt!  You would much rather assume and spin your own story as to the details.  You have a different agenda.    And as for “Brenda/Michelle", I’m not going to waste my time!
Sandy I will call dont worry just because I havent doesnt mean that I am not going to.
I really have no desire to continue this thread any longer either.
I am entitled to my opinion and if you or anybody on this board disagrees with  me so be it.
I really honestly dont care. Please stop trying to change my mind.
I went to this clinic and I saw first hand how things were done there. I feel lucky that I didnt have any complications. I feel like this clinic is along the lines of a drive thru chop shop. Its the the lowest price clinic and thats why people will keep going. If and when I take my daughter and BFF for surgery I will be taking them somewhere else. For me its worth the peace of mind of being in a hospital in case something were to go wrong. 
Thats it end of story. Done.

Peace.

Lap Band March 2007

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010

LifeLover
on 4/18/10 10:01 am - Hoover, AL
Please don't get upset with me for asking this question, but it is something I've been wondering for a long time. You keep talking about how sketchy Dr. Almanza's clinic and nurses are....and how un-safe everything was. Why exactly did you choose to go through with surgery while there if everything seemed so shady?
I would have tucked tail and ran if I felt un-safe before surgery!! Clearly I did not.
We love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views