Street View of Dr. Almanza's clinic...

hollykim
on 4/17/10 1:06 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On April 16, 2010 at 10:54 AM Pacific Time, ishary wrote:
On April 16, 2010 at 10:49 AM Pacific Time, zsflower wrote:

OK.. I'm accused of being everyone else!  I only wish I had that kind of time! 

I really do want to help and I really do want to see people have a safe and successful surgery.  For those of you that want to spend your time on all the negativity instead of support, go ahead! 

I think Donna needs all the support she can get right now.  I don't believe her sister's complication was the doctor's fault.  I think if was very unfortunate, but no one's fault.  I can see now that some people don't want to hear what I have to say.  They THINK they know me and what I am about....but they have NO idea! 

I will say, as I have before, I am happy to talk to anyone that wants to ask me questions regarding ANYTHING.  I will also be attending the Obesity Help Event May 21st.  Please stop by my table and meet me.

I wish everyone the best of health and happiness! 

Maybe and I mean maybe its not the Surgeons fault.
What is the Surgeons fault is releasing someone that was so gravely ill.
Thats kind of like- we almost killed you go die on the plane?
why are you so loyal to this place? Why do you not see what is so black and white? Can you not find another job?
hopefully there will be enough people getting together to protest and confront you at the event.
How would you have  suggested  he keep her there if she was determined to go? Tie her to the bed?

Even in the US patients can leave the hospital AMA (against medical advice). Would you expect an American surgeon to "refuse " to let a patient leave? Simply,no,because it is against the lsw.

Poor Dr. Almanza doesn't have a chance here...either you are *****ing because he didn't make her stay or you would be screaming from the roof top that he held her against her will! Refused to let her go!
It would sure be something...

ishary
on 4/17/10 2:53 pm - Whittier, CA
On April 17, 2010 at 8:06 PM Pacific Time, hollykim wrote:

I really do want to help and I really do want to see people have a safe and successful surgery.  For those of you that want to spend your time on all the negativity instead of support, go ahead! 

I think Donna needs all the support she can get right now.  I don't believe her sister's complication was the doctor's fault.  I think if was very unfortunate, but no one's fault.  I can see now that some people don't want to hear what I have to say.  They THINK they know me and what I am about....but they have NO idea! 

I will say, as I have before, I am happy to talk to anyone that wants to ask me questions regarding ANYTHING.  I will also be attending the Obesity Help Event May 21st.  Please stop by my table and meet me.

why are you so loyal to this place? Why do you not see what is so black and white? Can you not find another job?
hopefully there will be enough people getting together to protest and confront you at the event.
How would you have  suggested  he keep her there if she was determined to go? Tie her to the bed?

Even in the US patients can leave the hospital AMA (against medical advice). Would you expect an American surgeon to "refuse " to let a patient leave? Simply,no,because it is against the lsw.

Poor Dr. Almanza doesn't have a chance here...either you are *****ing because he didn't make her stay or you would be screaming from the roof top that he held her against her will! Refused to let her go!
Well..... I think he should have ......  I dont know maybe said something along the lines of- I am so sorry but there were complications during surgery and we need to go back in, dont worry about anything we are going to get you well. My administrator will handle the travel arrangements?? Something like that I am sure would have worked.

Regarding my opinion of this hospital not being able to handle a medical emergency.....
Well lets see... there is only the one operating room, the one doctor, none of the staff are nurses (I mean you can say it till the cows come home but it doesnt make it true.)  There is no blood bank, there is not an ICU, no x rays or labs on site, the nearest hospital with a trauma ctr or triage ctr is approx 45 minutes away or you would  cross the border and that could take from two to four hours.
The facility downstairs where the operating room is approx 1000  to 1500 sq ft??? In that space you have an operating room and a recovery room as well as a restroom, the lobby, and two patient rooms.
Then you have the stairway upstairs with a couple of patient rooms the administration office and like a lounge type seating area.

Regarding the Love Botique... yeah who cares.
Not sure what your point was here.

Holy,  why do you care what I think, say, or post anyway?
If you dont like what I have to say block me I am really not interested in further conversation with you and I am not going to argue and quite frankly not sure why you want to.

I am going to continue to post my opinion whenever asked or to whom ever wants to read it and if who ever doesnt want to read it---- just block me no big deal to me.

Good Luck!

Lap Band March 2007
Band Slipped -Emergency Removal May 2008
Dr. Lopez Corvala- Hospital Angeles TJ

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010
Dr. Almanza-Jerusalem Clinic

hollykim
on 4/18/10 3:45 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On April 17, 2010 at 9:53 PM Pacific Time, ishary wrote:

Well..... I think he should have ......  I dont know maybe said something along the lines of- I am so sorry but there were complications during surgery and we need to go back in, dont worry about anything we are going to get you well. My administrator will handle the travel arrangements?? Something like that I am sure would have worked.

Regarding my opinion of this hospital not being able to handle a medical emergency.....
Well lets see... there is only the one operating room, the one doctor, none of the staff are nurses (I mean you can say it till the cows come home but it doesnt make it true.)  There is no blood bank, there is not an ICU, no x rays or labs on site, the nearest hospital with a trauma ctr or triage ctr is approx 45 minutes away or you would  cross the border and that could take from two to four hours.
The facility downstairs where the operating room is approx 1000  to 1500 sq ft??? In that space you have an operating room and a recovery room as well as a restroom, the lobby, and two patient rooms.
Then you have the stairway upstairs with a couple of patient rooms the administration office and like a lounge type seating area.

If you dont like what I have to say block me I am really not interested in further conversation with you and I am not going to argue and quite frankly not sure why you want to.

I am going to continue to post my opinion whenever asked or to whom ever wants to read it and if who ever doesnt want to read it---- just block me no big deal to me.

Good Luck!

I don't really care what you have to say until your opinion slanders someone else who is possibly innocent. You don't know nearly enough facts to say without a shadow of a doubt that they "nearly killed her". Unless you know without a shadow of a doubt,yourself,personally,as in, I was there,in the OR the whole time and  I am educated in surgery would  you be able to stand in a court of law,under oath and swear that "they nearly killed her,then it is at best,gossip or hear say and at worst,slander. THAT is against the law and you should be ashamed.
Could you do that?

No? Then how is your opinion any more relevant than anyone else's?

In answer to your educated opinion of the ability to handle an emergency: Dr. Almanza is Trauma Medicine trained.I think he and the anesthesiologist,who are also usually trained in trauma medicine,have all the training and equipment at their fingertips to handle an emergency until an EMT team and ambulance could get there. /Being a surgery center, I think an emergency call for a trip to the hospital would be given top priority.

The anesthesiologist ONLY function is to keep a patient alive while unconscious. I think he would be well qualified to do just that till an ambulance arrived.

Patients having a complication after leaving the OR could be sent in an ambulance just as quickly.  Even if it took 45 min to get to the nearest hospital,it certainly wouldn't  take an ambulance that long,and the patient would be receiving life saving measures in route. I know this because I have a medical background,part of it in surgery as a matter of fact. This is My EDUCATED opinion. What are your qualifications to make YOUR EDUCATED opinion?

Would it surprise you to know you don't HAVE to be a nurse to work in the OR? I worked with many who were not even trained OR techs at the time who were excellent OR personnel. You also don't have to be a nurse to give injections,either.

Even in hospitals with blood banks,it takes time to cross and match for blood and that same time would be spent getting to the hospital. I rode to the nearest hospital,Hospital Vida,and it didn't take us 45 min to get there. Did you go there to see how far it was exactly?

I know you are not interested in further conversation with me because I am making people think logically and less emotionally. No one trying to make this decision should only have YOUR opinion on which to base their decision. They need a voice of logic and reason as well,so they can make the most educated decision for themselves. It is called putting ALL the facts on the table.

I fully expect you to block me. I won't block you,because while I don't agree with everything you say,I do recognize that you are a compassionate person,for the most part.  In my opinion,it is people who are scared to have a really open debate with  those who won't agree with them who block. I respect your opinion and hope you respect mine. Blocking doesn't indicate anything but cowardice. It is like you didn;t get you way so you are taking your toys and going home alone.

Lastly,we are all waiting for your reply on how you suggest a surgeon make a patient stay who wanted to leave and number 2 if it was the US and a patient came over for self pay surgery how would you stop the doctor from sending them a bill and how would you make sure the surgeon"did something for the family". We are interested in your reply.
Holly

ishary
on 4/19/10 2:43 am - Whittier, CA
On April 18, 2010 at 10:45 AM Pacific Time, hollykim wrote:

Good Luck!

I don't really care what you have to say until your opinion slanders someone else who is possibly innocent. You don't know nearly enough facts to say without a shadow of a doubt that they "nearly killed her". Unless you know without a shadow of a doubt,yourself,personally,as in, I was there,in the OR the whole time and  I am educated in surgery would  you be able to stand in a court of law,under oath and swear that "they nearly killed her,then it is at best,gossip or hear say and at worst,slander. THAT is against the law and you should be ashamed.
Could you do that?

In answer to your educated opinion of the ability to handle an emergency: Dr. Almanza is Trauma Medicine trained.I think he and the anesthesiologist,who are also usually trained in trauma medicine,have all the training and equipment at their fingertips to handle an emergency until an EMT team and ambulance could get there. /Being a surgery center, I think an emergency call for a trip to the hospital would be given top priority.

The anesthesiologist ONLY function is to keep a patient alive while unconscious. I think he would be well qualified to do just that till an ambulance arrived.

Patients having a complication after leaving the OR could be sent in an ambulance just as quickly.  Even if it took 45 min to get to the nearest hospital,it certainly wouldn't  take an ambulance that long,and the patient would be receiving life saving measures in route. I know this because I have a medical background,part of it in surgery as a matter of fact. This is My EDUCATED opinion. What are your qualifications to make YOUR EDUCATED opinion?

Would it surprise you to know you don't HAVE to be a nurse to work in the OR? I worked with many who were not even trained OR techs at the time who were excellent OR personnel. You also don't have to be a nurse to give injections,either.

Even in hospitals with blood banks,it takes time to cross and match for blood and that same time would be spent getting to the hospital. I rode to the nearest hospital,Hospital Vida,and it didn't take us 45 min to get there. Did you go there to see how far it was exactly?

I know you are not interested in further conversation with me because I am making people think logically and less emotionally. No one trying to make this decision should only have YOUR opinion on which to base their decision. They need a voice of logic and reason as well,so they can make the most educated decision for themselves. It is called putting ALL the facts on the table.

I fully expect you to block me. I won't block you,because while I don't agree with everything you say,I do recognize that you are a compassionate person,for the most part.  In my opinion,it is people who are scared to have a really open debate with  those who won't agree with them who block. I respect your opinion and hope you respect mine. Blocking doesn't indicate anything but cowardice. It is like you didn;t get you way so you are taking your toys and going home alone.

Lastly,we are all waiting for your reply on how you suggest a surgeon make a patient stay who wanted to leave and number 2 if it was the US and a patient came over for self pay surgery how would you stop the doctor from sending them a bill and how would you make sure the surgeon"did something for the family". We are interested in your reply.
Holly

Hollykim,I am going to say this one more time to you as nicely as I possibly can.I am not interested in carrying on this thread and or fightning with you.I have my opinions and you have yours.I am only ashamed of myself for the way I lashed out and got sucked into the drama of it all.Its the obsessive compulsive nature that I have.It would appear that you are now doing the same thing.step away from the keyboard!!LOL!Have a happy day and please no more trying to bait me into a fight with you!Thank you!!
Lap Band March 2007

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010

ishary
on 4/19/10 2:51 am - Whittier, CA
On April 18, 2010 at 10:45 AM Pacific Time, hollykim wrote:

Good Luck!

Could you do that?

Holly

Hollykim,I am going to say this one more time to you as nicely as I possibly can.I am not interested in carrying on this thread and or fightning with you.I have my opinions and you have yours.I am only ashamed of myself for the way I lashed out and got sucked into the drama of it all.Its the obsessive compulsive nature that I have.It would appear that you are now doing the same thing.step away from the keyboard!!LOL!Have a happy day and please no more trying to bait me into a fight with you!Thank you!!
Lap Band March 2007

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010

hollykim
on 4/18/10 11:46 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

Good Luck!

Regarding the Love Boutique...well apparently a lot of people seem to care as it is always pointed out in threads talking about "the strip Mall' not to me mention the aerial view that was posted just in case anyone was interested about what was around there.

I am quite sure you are not interested in any further convo with me,considering that I have thrown a logical,practical monkey wrench in all you hysterics about "closing this clinic down and criminal suit needs to be brought".

You are logical enough to know I am right ans so are the other ppl who come along and read these posts down the road.

Contrary to what you apparently think ,everyone in the whole world except yourself,Michelle and her aliases are not really stupid.

ishary
on 4/19/10 2:50 am - Whittier, CA
On April 18, 2010 at 6:46 PM Pacific Time, hollykim wrote:

Good Luck!

Regarding the Love Boutique...well apparently a lot of people seem to care as it is always pointed out in threads talking about "the strip Mall' not to me mention the aerial view that was posted just in case anyone was interested about what was around there.

I am quite sure you are not interested in any further convo with me,considering that I have thrown a logical,practical monkey wrench in all you hysterics about "closing this clinic down and criminal suit needs to be brought".

You are logical enough to know I am right ans so are the other ppl who come along and read these posts down the road.

Contrary to what you apparently think ,everyone in the whole world except yourself,Michelle and her aliases are not really stupid.
Lap Band March 2007

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010

ishary
on 4/19/10 2:51 am - Whittier, CA

Good Luck!

Lap Band March 2007

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010

hollykim
on 4/19/10 6:13 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On April 19, 2010 at 9:51 AM Pacific Time, ishary wrote:

Good Luck!

Well,Ishary,I tell ya what. I will agree to disagree with you. I will,however,have to claim the fact that you don't know HOW they would have kept someone from leaving when they wanted to go.

They couldn't. end of the story,That's all. Done.
Have a blessed day,
holly
I anticipate we will be able to pass peacefully among the boards and I wish you the very best in your journey.
H

hollykim
on 4/18/10 11:29 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

It is not black and white unless you KNOW ALL THE FACTS WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT AND NO ONE DOES,INCLUDING YOU,WHO IS POSTING ON THIS THREAD.

What part of this don't you understand?

Sandy is loyal to this place because she has seen the good outcomes as well as the bad outcomes. We patients are loyal because we have had good outcomes and there is no reason for us not to be loyal.

Again I ask you what would you suggest they should have done to make her stay? It is a simple question and surely you have an answer.

We are all waiting to see what you think they should have done.

And it is NOTHING like"we almost killed you now go die on the plane". You are really stretching for someone who doesn't have aLL THE FACTS.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views