Street View of Dr. Almanza's clinic...

zsflower
on 4/16/10 3:49 am - Elk Grove, CA

OK.. I'm accused of being everyone else!  I only wish I had that kind of time! 

I really do want to help and I really do want to see people have a safe and successful surgery.  For those of you that want to spend your time on all the negativity instead of support, go ahead! 

I think Donna needs all the support she can get right now.  I don't believe her sister's complication was the doctor's fault.  I think if was very unfortunate, but no one's fault.  I can see now that some people don't want to hear what I have to say.  They THINK they know me and what I am about....but they have NO idea! 

I will say, as I have before, I am happy to talk to anyone that wants to ask me questions regarding ANYTHING.  I will also be attending the Obesity Help Event May 21st.  Please stop by my table and meet me.

I wish everyone the best of health and happiness! 

Sandy Johnston
Patient Care Coordinator
aLighterMe.com

ishary
on 4/16/10 3:54 am - Whittier, CA
On April 16, 2010 at 10:49 AM Pacific Time, zsflower wrote:

OK.. I'm accused of being everyone else!  I only wish I had that kind of time! 

I really do want to help and I really do want to see people have a safe and successful surgery.  For those of you that want to spend your time on all the negativity instead of support, go ahead! 

I think Donna needs all the support she can get right now.  I don't believe her sister's complication was the doctor's fault.  I think if was very unfortunate, but no one's fault.  I can see now that some people don't want to hear what I have to say.  They THINK they know me and what I am about....but they have NO idea! 

I will say, as I have before, I am happy to talk to anyone that wants to ask me questions regarding ANYTHING.  I will also be attending the Obesity Help Event May 21st.  Please stop by my table and meet me.

I wish everyone the best of health and happiness! 

Maybe and I mean maybe its not the Surgeons fault.
What is the Surgeons fault is releasing someone that was so gravely ill.
Thats kind of like- we almost killed you go die on the plane?
why are you so loyal to this place? Why do you not see what is so black and white? Can you not find another job?
hopefully there will be enough people getting together to protest and confront you at the event.
Lap Band March 2007
Band Slipped -Emergency Removal May 2008
Dr. Lopez Corvala- Hospital Angeles TJ

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010
Dr. Almanza-Jerusalem Clinic

(deactivated member)
on 4/16/10 4:50 pm
Maybe because Donna was INSISTING to go home? We all heard tons of griping about how much extra the change in airline tickets was (unfortunately) costing Donna.   Were you there?   I was!  My VSG was January 13th. I was at the Clini****il the 15th. Any illness is awful.  If it were my family member I wouldn't have gotten near an airplane until they were fully able to travel!
ishary
on 4/17/10 1:36 am - Whittier, CA
On April 16, 2010 at 11:50 PM Pacific Time, jeminnv wrote:
Maybe because Donna was INSISTING to go home? We all heard tons of griping about how much extra the change in airline tickets was (unfortunately) costing Donna.   Were you there?   I was!  My VSG was January 13th. I was at the Clini****il the 15th. Any illness is awful.  If it were my family member I wouldn't have gotten near an airplane until they were fully able to travel!
WOW!!! YOU FRIGGIN TAKE THE CAKE!!!
I am pretty sure if you did hear "Tons of Griping" it was because the woman had just been through Hell and felt like CRAP AND WAS BEING HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE COST OF CHANGING AN AIRLINE TICKET WHEN IN FACT THE CLINIC SHOULD HAVE TO ABSORB THAT COST.
I mean seeing as how they almost killed her it would be the least they could do right??
Maybe they should have opened her back up and repaired the friggin leak???
You know what I wasnt there on the day you guys were, but I was there and I do in fact know on a first hand basis how unorgainzed this place was/is.
Heres the deal ---putting everything else aside --- The main issue is that this clinic can not handle an emergency situation should one come up.
Done.  End of story. Thats it.

oh and also... you are a JERK!

Lap Band March 2007

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/10 2:36 am

Clearly any illness is absolutely horrible.  What has happened to the said patient  is so sad and tragic.

I am glad you stated you were not there. Clearly you (and I)  do not have all the facts nor ever will.

Some years ago my freind lost his 8 year old  brother during his surgery to have his tonsils out at Southampton hospital.  The boy was 8 years old.  Everyone was quick to cast stones at the hospital and especially at the anesthesiologist. It was an imcomprehensible tragedy.  The small town talk was endless.
Then some more facts were shed.  Unfortunately  it turned out that the mother of the child had neglected to disclose her son's prior illness that week and his allergies to a particular medicine that   had something to do with the anestesia  becoming caustic  which ultimately ended up taking this poor child's life.    These later facts  just made the whole situation that much more tragic.
The moral of this story is that there are two sides to every story and we must be careful to not be too quick to judge without ALL THE FACTS.

Let me clearly state again that I do not know who you are nor do I care.  However,  I understand your anger. Obviously you are a compasionate person. I think for the most part everyone on OH is  compasionate becasue we have all been in the same boat with our own personal weight demons.   I hope no one ever has to go through something like this.  I was baffled that  this person seemed, at the time,  more interested in going home becasue of a money issue and we ALL HEARD ABOUT IT!   Many people commented on this because it was kind of shocking.

My intention of posting was to shed light on the fact that there are omitted facts to this tragedy. 
Was it soley the responsiblility of the clinic that this woman became so ill?  Do WE know what the true underlying medical conditions of the patient were?  Would I have given a rat's -a** about money if my loved one were that ill?  Do you really think any doctor would discharge a person with a known leak? 
I don't think we will ever have all the answers.
And, sorry, I am not going to call you any names because that would put me right back to the "small town" way  of  thinking.

ishary
on 4/17/10 3:22 am - Whittier, CA
On April 17, 2010 at 9:36 AM Pacific Time, jeminnv wrote:

Clearly any illness is absolutely horrible.  What has happened to the said patient  is so sad and tragic.

I am glad you stated you were not there. Clearly you (and I)  do not have all the facts nor ever will.

Some years ago my freind lost his 8 year old  brother during his surgery to have his tonsils out at Southampton hospital.  The boy was 8 years old.  Everyone was quick to cast stones at the hospital and especially at the anesthesiologist. It was an imcomprehensible tragedy.  The small town talk was endless.
Then some more facts were shed.  Unfortunately  it turned out that the mother of the child had neglected to disclose her son's prior illness that week and his allergies to a particular medicine that   had something to do with the anestesia  becoming caustic  which ultimately ended up taking this poor child's life.    These later facts  just made the whole situation that much more tragic.
The moral of this story is that there are two sides to every story and we must be careful to not be too quick to judge without ALL THE FACTS.

Let me clearly state again that I do not know who you are nor do I care.  However,  I understand your anger. Obviously you are a compasionate person. I think for the most part everyone on OH is  compasionate becasue we have all been in the same boat with our own personal weight demons.   I hope no one ever has to go through something like this.  I was baffled that  this person seemed, at the time,  more interested in going home becasue of a money issue and we ALL HEARD ABOUT IT!   Many people commented on this because it was kind of shocking.

My intention of posting was to shed light on the fact that there are omitted facts to this tragedy. 
Was it soley the responsiblility of the clinic that this woman became so ill?  Do WE know what the true underlying medical conditions of the patient were?  Would I have given a rat's -a** about money if my loved one were that ill?  Do you really think any doctor would discharge a person with a known leak? 
And, sorry, I am not going to call you any names because that would put me right back to the "small town" way  of  thinking.

You really do make some very good valid points. We you or I dont know all the facts. What we do know is this --- Jerusaleum Medical Ctr IS NOT EQUIPPED TO HANDLE AN EMERGENCY SITUATION.
Thats my only point and I will keep saying it over and over to anyone who will lsten or ask. You are right I am a compassionate person and after reading Stoogals posting and seeing the pictures I broke down and cried. The picture of her sister lying on the bed PRIOR to her surgery could have been me. I was the last one to go in the day I had my surgery and it was a little bit after 9 pm. He was going to do a guy after me at midnight but the gentleman elected to wait until the next morning allowing Almanza time to rest. Only Almanza didnt rest !! By his own admition the next morning when he arrived he told us he went and did more surgeriers at another clinic. TRUE STORY.

Heres the deal:
Yes I do think they would discharge someone with a leak. They did. Regardless of what facts we know of or dont know . I mean that much is true. She had a leak and from what you are saying the only worrisome thing was who was going to pick up the check for rescheduling the travel arrangements.
I mean really????? Are you serious??Wouldnt you think that the Surgeon or Betancourt as the Administrator would say -- Absolutley not!! YOu will stay and leave when you are healthy. That they would have ---- in fact SHOULD HAVE ABSORBED THE COST TO RESCHEDULE A FRIGGIN FLIGHT!!
I really have nothing else to say to you and wont be caught up in games.

Lap Band March 2007

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010

hollykim
on 4/18/10 11:38 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On April 17, 2010 at 10:22 AM Pacific Time, ishary wrote:

You really do make some very good valid points. We you or I dont know all the facts. What we do know is this --- Jerusaleum Medical Ctr IS NOT EQUIPPED TO HANDLE AN EMERGENCY SITUATION.
Thats my only point and I will keep saying it over and over to anyone who will lsten or ask. You are right I am a compassionate person and after reading Stoogals posting and seeing the pictures I broke down and cried. The picture of her sister lying on the bed PRIOR to her surgery could have been me. I was the last one to go in the day I had my surgery and it was a little bit after 9 pm. He was going to do a guy after me at midnight but the gentleman elected to wait until the next morning allowing Almanza time to rest. Only Almanza didnt rest !! By his own admition the next morning when he arrived he told us he went and did more surgeriers at another clinic. TRUE STORY.

Heres the deal:
Yes I do think they would discharge someone with a leak. They did. Regardless of what facts we know of or dont know . I mean that much is true. She had a leak and from what you are saying the only worrisome thing was who was going to pick up the check for rescheduling the travel arrangements.
I mean really????? Are you serious??Wouldnt you think that the Surgeon or Betancourt as the Administrator would say -- Absolutley not!! YOu will stay and leave when you are healthy. That they would have ---- in fact SHOULD HAVE ABSORBED THE COST TO RESCHEDULE A FRIGGIN FLIGHT!!

aGAIN i ASK HOW COULD THEY REFUSE TO RELEASE HER IF SHE INSISTED ON GOING HOME? And you don't know that she didn't insist,no matter what,on going home.

My feeling is if she had agreed to stay she would have received her care without any extra charge . She would have received it immediately and maybe her complications wouldn't have progress
ed so far.

There was a lady still in the hospital on the day of my surgery who had been there for an entire additional week because she couldn't get over her nausea and keep liquids down. ha had been on an IV the entire week but no one booted her out,not even to the recovery house.

She
told me herself that Betancourt and Dr. Almanza and all the staff had been nothing but solicitous of her and her needs and her extra
 requirements cost was included in her fee.

They are not monsters and you should be ashamed of your self for the things you are gossiping about because,as we all know,you DON'T have all the FACTS!

ishary
on 4/19/10 2:40 am - Whittier, CA
On April 18, 2010 at 6:38 PM Pacific Time, hollykim wrote:
On April 17, 2010 at 10:22 AM Pacific Time, ishary wrote:

Heres the deal:

aGAIN i ASK HOW COULD THEY REFUSE TO RELEASE HER IF SHE INSISTED ON GOING HOME? And you don't know that she didn't insist,no matter what,on going home.

My feeling is if she had agreed to stay she would have received her care without any extra charge . She would have received it immediately and maybe her complications wouldn't have progress
ed so far.

There was a lady still in the hospital on the day of my surgery who had been there for an entire additional week because she couldn't get over her nausea and keep liquids down. ha had been on an IV the entire week but no one booted her out,not even to the recovery house.

She
told me herself that Betancourt and Dr. Almanza and all the staff had been nothing but solicitous of her and her needs and her extra
 requirements cost was included in her fee.

They are not monsters and you should be ashamed of your self for the things you are gossiping about because,as we all know,you DON'T have all the FACTS!

Hollykim,
I am going to say this one more time to you as nicely as I possibly can.
I am not interested in carrying on this thread and or fightning with you.
I have my opinions and you have yours.
I am only ashamed of myself for the way I lashed out and got sucked into the drama of it all.
Its the obsessive compulsive nature that I have.
It would appear that you are now doing the same thing.
step away from the keyboard!!
LOL!
Have a happy day and please no more trying to bait me into a fight with you!
Thank you!!

Lap Band March 2007

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010

hollykim
on 4/17/10 12:32 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On April 17, 2010 at 8:36 AM Pacific Time, ishary wrote:
I am pretty sure if you did hear "Tons of Griping" it was because the woman had just been through Hell and felt like CRAP AND WAS BEING HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE COST OF CHANGING AN AIRLINE TICKET WHEN IN FACT THE CLINIC SHOULD HAVE TO ABSORB THAT COST.
I mean seeing as how they almost killed her it would be the least they could do right??
You know what I wasnt there on the day you guys were, but I was there and I do in fact know on a first hand basis how unorgainzed this place was/is.
Heres the deal ---putting everything else aside --- The main issue is that this clinic can not handle an emergency situation should one come up.

Could you expound on your educated opinion of why Dr. almanza and the surgical staff couldn/t handle an inoperative emergency?

hollykim
on 4/17/10 12:39 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On April 17, 2010 at 7:32 PM Pacific Time, hollykim wrote:
On April 17, 2010 at 8:36 AM Pacific Time, ishary wrote:

Could you expound on your educated opinion of why Dr. almanza and the surgical staff couldn/t handle an inoperative emergency?
Could you answer this question? if Donna had come to the US and been a self pay patient and had these complications would you be calling out the US surgeon and their representatives,insisting that said surgeon and representative "SHOULD HAVE ABSORBED THE EXTRA COST OF THE AIRLINE TICKETS BECAUSE THE PATIENT HAD A COMPLICATION AND HAD TO STAY IN THE HOSPITAL".

And from another thread where you are demanding Sandy find out what Dr. almanza and Betancourt are "going to do for this family?,would you be demanding what that same said US surgeon "was going to do for this family"?

I didn't think so. why because it is Mexico? Self pay is self pay. I have every sympathy for Linda and donna and wish them the very best.
H

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views