Hmmm... would I do it all over again?

CAMom
on 4/15/10 1:37 am
All of our smaller butts have made room.... ;)

Welcome to the losers bench!
Sleeved 3-4-2010 SW: 205 CW: 130ish Height: 5'6" Goal: ACHIEVED!
Plastics on 6-20-2011 with Dr. Lara - TT, BA, BL & Lipo :)

Chasman
on 4/15/10 2:36 am
Great post. Glad things went well for you. You're gonna love your sleeve. Enjoy the ride!

Cheers,
Chas

FabBy50 .
on 4/15/10 7:24 am, edited 4/15/10 7:24 am - Everett, WA
Terry

So glad to see that you are home and on your way to the losers bench!! Thanks for the post, I was beginning to worry about you! You will love your sleeve!

Good luck and happy losing!!!
FWLizzie
on 4/15/10 8:56 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hello mi amigo!

It sounds like you are doing great today...hope doing the grass didn't wore you out too much....

Did I tell you that I really enjoyed meeting you and Kathleen?....I believe I've said that already quite a few times lol

I'm very happy with my sleeve and can't believe the recovery has been this easy. I wish I was drinking as much liquid as you though.

Laura said to tell you hi!

Liz

Emily F.
on 4/15/10 11:34 am
So happy to hear you reflect on your experience. You should blog for other's looking at your experience.
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
oregondiver
on 4/16/10 12:30 am - South Beach, OR
I imagine it is true for all clinics in Mexico, but if you have the ability, take someone with you who is fluent in Spanish.  Having Liz and Laura there was great.  Unfortunately Liz went to the clinic and I went to a hospital and Liz and Laura left before I did so I was not able lean on Liz or Laura for interpretation as much, but when I did, it was such a relief.

I also would also like to say that transportation while at the recovery house was less than desired.  My husband and I asked to go shopping the day before we left, and scheduled to go at 2:00 pm, unfortunately the driver did not arrive until 5:00 pm, so we opted not to go.

I really believe there are not enough divers to meet the needs of the clients.  Between going to the boarder which can take several hours, to the clinic (or hospital), the lab, the leak test or taking people to the dentist or other appointments really  does not allow much room for "fun" with the amount of divers currently on staff.  By the way, the divers speak the best English and when available helped communicate with the nursing staff. Both my husband and I took our laptop, so what I ended up doing was taking my laptop almost everywhere with me and using google translate to communicate --  it was a little slow, but worked very well.

It was great to meet everyone who was there from April 9th through April 13th. 

Terry, I think we actually kinda met only once when we traded cars at the pharmacy as you were headed to the border.

bigisbad
on 4/16/10 12:44 am - Canada, Canada
Ok... I do remember that.
I said something to your husband as they made the switch.
Sorry I did not know who you were and if coming or going
Hope your doing well and I agree with your post.
Take care

LifeLover
on 4/16/10 2:11 am - Hoover, AL
Hi Terry!
I'm so glad to hear that you made it home safely and are doing well. The first couple weeks were the worst for me. Getting adjusted to the small amount of food, I had dizzy spells every now and then. I even asked myself a few ties if I had done the right thing...of course usually while watching Man. vs. Food and realizing I would never again be able to eat an entire goliath pizza. lol

I am now 7 weeks out and I assure you that I have no doubts about having had surgery. I am SO HAPPY that I made this decision. I am 31 one pounds down and already feel like a new person! Oh, I promise your energy does come back too. I was so tired for several weeks. I can't sit still now.
Hold on...the best is yet to come!!!

XOXOXO,
Christi
We love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

bigisbad
on 4/16/10 8:06 am - Canada, Canada
Thank you for your post and thoughts.
I'm sorry if I am misleading anyone.
I feel GREAT!
I drink plenty and love broth and apple sauce all of a sudden.
Energy level is around 70% but that's ok... I'm retired.
Cut an acre of grass yesterday and fertilized the grass today. Spring is here.
The ONLY day I felt abit was the morning after surgery when I got in some dudes black 4X4 to drive over to the recovery house... seems the van was full. We hit EVERY pothole in TJ!
mmmmmm....... I hear that apple sauce calling my name.

NursieGirl
on 4/19/10 5:07 pm
 Eek!  No one can/will go with me, so I'm going alone, and now I'm nervous!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 429 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 620 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1207 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1833 views