Surgery Back ON!

funnursechick
on 4/6/10 8:31 am - MS
I will have to admit, I got a little scared recently with all the crap going on and had cancelled my surgery. Well, today I got my head straight and called my coordinator. Surgery is back on for May 11th with Dr. Almanza! No turning back and I couldn't be more excited!

Elisa H.

FWLizzie
on 4/6/10 9:51 am - Fort Worth, TX
Good for you! I felt the same way but when I continued to read all that stuff, I just did what my mom has always told me to do....consider the source and decided to do it.  Actually for me, all that after a minute, it became counterproductive.

I wish you were there with us this week!

Liz

greenbaygirl
on 4/6/10 11:24 am - Hobart, WI
Hey Elisa,

Yeah, it's on!!  Gonna be there on May 14th with my hubby, but you will be all done and heading out around then.  It's my third trip there...I had the sleeve last July and then brought my sister in January.  So, I hope to see you there!

Jean
jenni80
on 4/6/10 11:37 am
Oh Im there with you.  Im wanting to have surgery June 17th and it made me want to run and cry and hide.lol   I just think there is alot more to this whole story than what has been said and I dont really care to know.  I will be paying my deposit next week and just try and keep a good attitude.  It really comes down to our own choice and what we want to do.  Theres alot of support on these boards regardless and I think thats great your back on for surgery!

Jeanette  

funnursechick
on 4/6/10 11:47 am - MS
Thanks everyone for the encouragement!

Elisa H.

(deactivated member)
on 4/7/10 4:02 am
Hi!

Congratulations! to you on your surgery date. Having the surgery has made a big difference for me!

Regardless of the conspiracy against Dr Betancourt, both he and Dr Almanza do their jobs well, so I'm sure all will go well for you and others getting the surgery, soon.

If there is anything you need from them or you feel you are not getting that you should or that you need to remind them of -- Tell Them, ASAP! You know, be nice but be assertive. In my experience, they will do everything they can to get you what's missing.

May 11 isn't far away! Enjoy the excitement! It's one of the many great things about your decision!

All the very best!
Cheryl
funnursechick
on 4/7/10 11:51 am - MS
Thanks Cheryl. I am a nurse by profession, so I tend to be very attentive and proactive in all my care. I have already made a couple of requests and so far they have been very accommodating.  Looking forward to the 11th!

Elisa H.

(deactivated member)
on 4/7/10 12:01 pm
Hi again, Elisa,

If you don't mind me asking, is your revision from band to sleeve? or sleeve to DS? If it's the latter, I'd really like to talk with you as I'm starting to commence to begin to research the option of that revision.

Thanks!

I'm glad you're being well taken care of in regard to your surgery. That's exactly how it should be.

Kindest regards,
Cheryl
funnursechick
on 4/7/10 12:27 pm - MS
I am revising from Band to Sleeve. When I first started researching a revision, I was "Hell Bent" on getting the DS. After talking to many physicians, including Dr. Ungson, Dr. Marchesini, Dr. Houston and Dr. Baltasar, each physician told me I only need the VSG. After much debate, I decided that they are probably right and began pursuing the VSG. My thoughts are that if I do not have optimal weight loss with the VSG alone, this is the first half of the DS anyhow and I will then at that time just complete the DS surgery. I am really hoping at this point that I do not need the full DS as I really don't want to have to deal with the malabsorption or a handful of pills.  Anyhow, best of luck to you, PM me if you wish. I have gathered lots of info on DS.

Elisa H.

(deactivated member)
on 4/7/10 12:32 pm
 Thank you! very much for your help!

Cheers!
Cheryl
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views