Leaving for TJ

bigisbad
on 4/6/10 12:48 am - Canada, Canada
Well, the time has come.
Final packing, locking up the house, garbage out, arrangements for cats...hmmm what else.
Have a two hour drive to the closest airport, then 3 flights to San Diego. Twelve hours later... we will be there. Going in a day a head of time... not sure why... just thought it was good in case we missed a connection or something.
We thought... what could go wrong?
Many posters gave me a few scenarios like border problems, flight delays, weather etc
BUT not one of you told me to what out for EARTHQUAKES!
What kinda friends do I have? 
:)
So I would like to take this opportunity to thank many of you for your posts of information and support. Without the advice that I received from you all at OH... I might never have done this. From the time I started researching to the date I booked was less than 1 week. When its right... its right. I do not procrastinate.. I do!
In regards to all the negative posts about surgeons... this too helped me realize that I made the right decision.
Looking forward to meeting my roommates... some I have had the opportunity of chatting with already.
My saying for many years is "life is good"... well, its about to get a whole batch better!
Thank you one and all! and that even includes MWG... she brought out my funny side. Too bad she "blocked me". Many of her posts are very informative... many. I hope she gets off the Dr bashing bench because I think she is very helpful to so many.
Ciao
mrios1029
on 4/6/10 12:54 am - Cleveland, OH
VSG on 12/03/12
Hey, I just wished you the best.  You will be fine.  I'll be praying for all of you this week.

Maggie
Emily F.
on 4/6/10 12:59 am
Congrats!! I'm in Hermosillo Mexico and I didn't feel the earthquake, I didn't even hear about it until my dad left me a message. You'll do fine.
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
FLsun
on 4/6/10 11:45 am, edited 4/6/10 11:49 am
CNECLEVENGER,,,, THINKING OF YOU--HOPE TOUR SURGERY WENT WLL.� I'LL BE LOOKING FOR YOUR NEXT POSTS BEST WISHES
jenni80
on 4/6/10 1:07 am
Yeah BigsBad, your time has finally come.  Im sure you will go awesome.  Cant wait to hear from you on the other side. 

Jeanette  

FWLizzie
on 4/6/10 1:18 am - Fort Worth, TX
Terry, Terry, Terry,

I did warned you about the earthquakes, well maybe after it happened :)

I'm so happy for you, wish I was on my way but I'm glad I get to spend more time with the kids before I head out on Thursday.

Be careful, be safe and can't wait to meet you in person. Thanks for the pics, now I know who to hug when I see you. I was afraid I would go huggin crazy to the wrong man, lol

See you and Sandy on Friday along with all our OH friends that will be there for surgery as well.

You're on my thoughts and prayers for your surgery and don't forget to get the party started for us!

Liz

hollykim
on 4/6/10 1:52 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Terry,
Many blessings for your surgery! Can't wait to welcome you to the losers bench! Keep us posted!
Holly

Laurie D.
on 4/6/10 2:09 am - pembroke pines, fl
Terry Good Luck my friend.  You have been a joy to communicate with on the list. Send everyone my love in Mexico and we will look foward to hearing from you

Boscogirl
on 4/6/10 2:07 am - TX
Hey...not fair!  Where are OUR picures?? lol  Wishing you ALL the best!!   Enjoy the down time and keep us posted.
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

Highest/Surgery Weight 248 Goal Weight 165 Current Weight 165-175
                           Starting BMI 33.7 Current BMI 22.1
             I'm 42 years young, my height is 6' and I've had no plastics!
                                          I  my sleeve!!!
LifeLover
on 4/6/10 2:20 am - Hoover, AL
YAY! Your time has come! Early congratulations on your upcoming weight loss. Enjoy the trip and all of the wonderful people you are about to meet, you will love it!

XOXOXO,
Christi
We love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views