Mexicali Earthquake

Margo N.
on 4/4/10 11:42 am
Just got a message via my surgeon's office in Mexicali (on another board). She reports that there is no major damage in Mexicali, in terms of buildings down or major problems of that nature - but that the authorities are checking buildings for damage and that things won't be back to normal at the hospital until that process is completed. I don't think the hospital has been evacuated (Almater Hosp.)

I'll post again if I hear anything new or different.
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

maryposa
on 4/4/10 12:00 pm - Orange County, CA
I wondered about that!  Thanks for the info.
Follow my progress on youtube!
(Lost slowly and painfully from 355 to 275 from 2007-2009, then started gaining again before scheduling surgery!  Best thing I ever did! :D)

bigisbad
on 4/4/10 1:05 pm - Canada, Canada
Also got a message from Jerusalem Clinic staff.
All is ok... business as usual.
jenni80
on 4/4/10 1:27 pm
Im glad no major damage down there.

Jeanette  

djwalker994
on 4/4/10 6:01 pm
I arrived in San Diego today, was on the flight over when earthquake hit. Called Dr. Aceves office , got transfered to Nina.  I am supposed to be picked up tomorrow morning to head to Mexicali, she said she wasn't sure what was going to happen. She mentioned maybe moving everyone a day, or doing surgeries at another hospital. She said she would call me as soon as she knew anything.

Will post if I hear anything.
sbekch
on 4/4/10 11:51 pm - Graniteville, SC

Make sure you call me and let me know what is going on...I was gonna call you before I left for work but realized that it was only 4 in the morning there...lol

Talk to ya soon! Good Luck and I already miss ya!!

Much Love
Your BFF (lol)

sbekch
on 4/5/10 4:38 am - Graniteville, SC
I just found out that they are going to push surgeries back a day due to having to resterilize everything in the hospital. My friend was suppose to have her surgery tomorrow but she is now having it on Wednesday.

Good luck to all of you and your upcoming surgery!
jsmlauria1
on 4/5/10 12:08 pm - Martinez, CA
I was just in contact with them as well..everything is good down there. The damage seems to be a bit less than the media has portrayed.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views