Surgery Date

Boscogirl
on 4/2/10 11:21 am - TX
Yea for you!!  We stayed at the san Diego Sheraton Resort & Marina.  It was just a litle bit more than the Hampton Inn and it was REALLY nice and they have a free shuttle to and from the airport.  I booked it on Hotwire.com.  I agree.... fly out mid afternoon so you don't have to get up so early.  I also very strongly suggest getting a non stop flight back because it's only 3 hours and you won't feel all that wonderful and won't be wanting to change planes etc.  The non stop flights are usually a bit more but they are worth it, especially coming back.  Ww flew out of Dallas.  Call me anytime if you need anything too.  (((HUGS)))
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

Highest/Surgery Weight 248 Goal Weight 165 Current Weight 165-175
                           Starting BMI 33.7 Current BMI 22.1
             I'm 42 years young, my height is 6' and I've had no plastics!
                                          I  my sleeve!!!
(deactivated member)
on 4/2/10 1:23 pm
(deactivated member)
on 4/2/10 1:30 pm
 Hi! and Congratulations on your decision!

I deleted my post because I missed GBGirl's post -- it's right on!

Everything will go great!

Take care,
Cheryl
FWLizzie
on 4/3/10 5:16 am - Fort Worth, TX

LifeLover
on 4/3/10 12:31 pm - Hoover, AL
You really will not need much at all. Comfy clothes, slippers, toiletries, and something to read.

The best advice I can give you is to bring Gas-X STRIPS. You really need the strips because you can take them right after surgery, whereas the regular Gas-X tablets you can't take until 6 hours after surgery. You will want them right away! Fortunately, I brought enough to share with other patients because apparently they could not be found in Tiajuana.

Congrats on taking the step for surgery.

XOXOXO,
Christi

We love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

FWLizzie
on 4/4/10 1:32 am - Fort Worth, TX

Hi Sharon,

Not sure what happened to my last post but I am so happy for you...wish you would have been able to schedule it while Terry and I will be there.

I'm glad to see that you just went for it!

Liz

katysu
on 4/5/10 1:35 am
Hi Sharon!  Who is your surgeon?  I am also having my surgery on April 13th with Dr Almanza.  I will be staying at the Hampton Inn in San Diego, coming in the night before.  My hospital coordinator Melissa gave me a discount code to use for the hotel.  I can't wait! 
Sleeve sisters!

Kathleen

Sharonjean63
on 4/5/10 11:00 am - Hamilton, TX
Dr Almanza is also doing my surgery! We're staying at the same place also.

See Ya!

Sharon
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views