New topic! Refreshing... like cucumber soup.

Brandy K.
on 3/29/10 12:10 pm - Garland, TX
Let's pretend that all of you post-ops get to do it alllll over again. You have the chance to take exactly what you want and need and you have the chance to bring back anything you like. For the sake hypotheticals, pretend that you have plenty of time to go shopping while you're in Mexico.

Two lists... what do you bring with you if you're going to be there for ten days?

What do you buy to bring back to the States?

Take it easy, wheezy!

jenni80
on 3/29/10 1:54 pm
Ohhhhhhhhh great question.  I am still a newbie so I would love to hear what the answers are to this one!!!

Jeanette  

Brandy K.
on 3/30/10 12:59 am - Garland, TX
Alas, it appears that the good doctor/bad doctor topics just won't die. I tried.

Boscogirl
on 3/30/10 2:38 am - TX
Great topic!

Bring:
Blankie & pillow
several very loose and comfy outfits, they need to be new and cute too! : )
comfy jammies
your toiletries of course
laptop
several magazines
a bood book or maybe two or three for ten days!
gas strips
crystal lite packets

Bring back:
handcrafted tequila!
Cuban cigars if you are not afraid of smuggling them in lol
wrestler masks if you have boys
pottery if you can somehow get it back without breaking it...there is gorgeous stuff all over
Mexican candy treats for the kiddos, they have very unusual candy
a box of Zucaritas (Frosted Flakes, the same as ours but everything in Spanish...my boys loved it and thought it was sooo funny!)
any pharmceuticals you need to stock up on, they have drug stores that are more like fireworks stands everywhere! lol

Ten days is a REALLY long time...do you have to stay that long?  The shops seemed to all have the same things so a couple of trips will be more than enough.  Also, get a mani and pedi before you go and maybe a facial or massage...you want to feel good about yourself.   Wishing you all the best!!

Goal in EIGHT months!

Highest/Surgery Weight 248 Goal Weight 165 Current Weight 165-175
                           Starting BMI 33.7 Current BMI 22.1
             I'm 42 years young, my height is 6' and I've had no plastics!
                                          I  my sleeve!!!
Brandy K.
on 3/30/10 3:13 am - Garland, TX
Great lists!! I'm definitely transferring this to my iPod so I can keep it with me.

My surgeon asks that all of his patients stay in country for a week after surgery in case of any complications. I'll fly in on the 3rd, have my preop testing on the 4th, surgery on the 5th (Cinco de Mayo! Ay! Ay!), and then I'll be flying out on the 13th. The 3rd and 13th were chosen because they're cheaper days to fly. Sure, we'll make up for the money saved with the extra hotel days, but who says this shouldn't be a little vacation in it's own right?

The surgeon has drivers, of course, and the Hampton Inn has a shuttle that you can book if you want to get out and about. I'm sooooo going shopping. I can't wait!

Boscogirl
on 3/30/10 4:24 am, edited 3/30/10 4:26 am - TX
That definitely isn't a bad idea...staying in case of complications.  You will most likely be feeling pretty darn good by day 5 or 6 and definitely by a week out so I'm sure you will find a way to enjoy yourself.  Yea for Cinco de Mayo!!!  Next year you can throw a Cinco de Mayo/1 year surgiversary party in honor of the new, skinny, healthy and beautiful you!!  Keep us posted!!

Goal in EIGHT months!

I  my sleeve!!!
Brandy K.
on 3/30/10 4:42 am - Garland, TX
You know, I hadn't even thought that far ahead. That's too cool! And someday, I'll get to have a margarita to celebrate. Maybe someday, I'll even go back to Mexico on Cinco de Mayo to see my surgeon. Wouldn't that be fun?

Boscogirl
on 3/30/10 4:49 am - TX
That would be totally awesome!!  Or better yet, go by and see him and give a great big hug but then head off to Cancun or somewhere like that and live it up...on the beach...in a skimpy bathing suit...yeah baby!! 
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

I  my sleeve!!!
Brandy K.
on 3/30/10 4:56 am - Garland, TX
I love the way you think!

jenni80
on 3/30/10 7:22 am
Hmmmmmmmmm margaritas are yummy!!!!  That would be cool for you to go back and vacation a while after your sugery!!!

Jeanette  

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views