X-Post Topic: COUNTERFEIT LICENSE FOR DR. ANDRES BETANCOURT

isharyer
on 4/1/10 10:36 am
 Drama......
FabBy50 .
on 4/1/10 2:53 pm - Everett, WA
I just wanted to say, come on everyone let's let this go!! We all know that "Dr Betancourt is not really a Dr." I know some of you care a lot about that decision, and some of you do not" Let's just get on with losing our weight and do a good job at it!!!!!

I can honestly tell you I will NOT be referring any more people to them, not that I don't think that Dr Almanza is not a good surgeon, but because they have too many complications. And they just expect him to do too many surgeries in one day, that is just not fair.

Please do not hate me or post hate mail, I just wanted to be free of all of this crazyness!!! And please stop jumping all over Peanutfreemom...she is telling the truth.
greenbaygirl
on 4/1/10 2:58 pm - Hobart, WI
According to who?   Truth on these boards seems to be in the eye (or ear) of the beholder.
FabBy50 .
on 4/1/10 4:59 pm - Everett, WA
On April 1, 2010 at 9:58 PM Pacific Time, greenbaygirl wrote:
According to who?   Truth on these boards seems to be in the eye (or ear) of the beholder.

I'm not trying to cause any trouble or to ruffle any feathers, I just don't feel in I can recommend people to them anymore. I did have a good experience the first time, not as good the second time! I'm not saying BAD, but not as good. I still say Dr Almanza is a good surgeon, and I have had no troubles. But it has been proven that Dr Betancourt is not a Dr! To be honest I really don't  care all that much because he never worked on me!! Please all of you, don't take this wrong, I really think he is a nice man, but that is it! I think Cevero is a nice man, but he is not a Dr either!

With all of this said, I will still say: I have been there twice and had wonderful care! I know there is a controversy (sp) and I really wanted to stay out of it but just could not!

Please NO haters, either way!!!

Sharonjean63
on 4/2/10 12:21 am - Hamilton, TX
Boscogirl
on 4/2/10 6:13 am - TX
Hi Bernadette!! 

No bashing or hating here!  I always enjoy your posts but I do want to ask you a few questions.  How do you know Melanie is telling the truth?  I AM NOT saying she isn't...I'm just saying how do you know?  I mean, how do you know that Jem isn't telling the truth?  Or Sandy?  Or Melissa?  I don't know any of them well enough to flat out believe what they are saying.  As for Midwesterngirl, well she just has no credibility as far as I'm concerned because of her obvious vendetta against this clinic.  She may well be telling the truth but her words are lost on me because of her delivery and it is very obvious that she posts under several different names.  Why is that necessary if she is being truthful?  I really would like to say that I know who is telling the truth even if it means that Betancourt is a fraud but I am just not there.  To me, there just seems to be a lot of things that don't add up on several different fronts.  Ya know?  I mean, I see the license thing and admit it doesn't look good but with all the mud slinging how do we know that someone isn't altering things to make it look really bad on him?  How do we know for sure? 

These are sincere questions...no harm to anyone intended.  Thanks for listening.
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

Highest/Surgery Weight 248 Goal Weight 165 Current Weight 165-175
                           Starting BMI 33.7 Current BMI 22.1
             I'm 42 years young, my height is 6' and I've had no plastics!
                                          I  my sleeve!!!
FabBy50 .
on 4/2/10 8:01 am - Everett, WA
On April 2, 2010 at 1:13 PM Pacific Time, Boscogirl wrote:
Hi Bernadette!! 

No bashing or hating here!  I always enjoy your posts but I do want to ask you a few questions.  How do you know Melanie is telling the truth?  I AM NOT saying she isn't...I'm just saying how do you know?  I mean, how do you know that Jem isn't telling the truth?  Or Sandy?  Or Melissa?  I don't know any of them well enough to flat out believe what they are saying.  As for Midwesterngirl, well she just has no credibility as far as I'm concerned because of her obvious vendetta against this clinic.  She may well be telling the truth but her words are lost on me because of her delivery and it is very obvious that she posts under several different names.  Why is that necessary if she is being truthful?  I really would like to say that I know who is telling the truth even if it means that Betancourt is a fraud but I am just not there.  To me, there just seems to be a lot of things that don't add up on several different fronts.  Ya know?  I mean, I see the license thing and admit it doesn't look good but with all the mud slinging how do we know that someone isn't altering things to make it look really bad on him?  How do we know for sure? 

These are sincere questions...no harm to anyone intended.  Thanks for listening.
Hi Kimberly

Thank you for being so polite!! It is really nice to deal with people that don't start out yelling and calling names!! I have been on these boards for a year now, and I have always been VERY vocal about my support of Dr Almanza. The only things I have ever posted about Dr Betancourt is that he is a great smooozer, you know what I mean? I really like him, regardless of weather he is a Dr or just a Mr. He has never done anything to or against me. Dr Almanza did a very good job on both of my surgeries too, I'm very satisfied.

Now to answer your questions, I have been friends with several of Dr Almanza's patients. I have had a few of them PM me to tell me their true experiences. Some did not have wonderful experiences. These are people I KNOW, not just trolls that post horrible things and then leave. I have also talked to a few coordinators and have gotten even more information. This is why I posted what i did, if I had known all of this sooner I would not have been so quick to promote Jeruselum clinic. I have always and still will continue to believe posters that have been on here for awhile, not the ones that post some outlandish thing and dissapear!! this is something that all newbies need to watch out for.

I will not post what was told to me or who said it, because it is NOT my story to tell. If the people that I have talked to wish to do so that is fine.

My last time down there was okay.....not like my first time. I will not bash Dr. Almanza or the clinic., but on the other hand I won't send anyone there either.

I hope this clears thing up some, and everyone please NO bashing or trashing.
(deactivated member)
on 4/2/10 12:06 pm
 Hi Bernadette,

Your posts, both here and on the other website were some that I considered when making my decision of where to get the VSG done.

For what it's worth, I think it's great that you've described "why" you've made the conclusions you have.

For me, the "why" is very important because it provides the rationale for making the decision. Non-disclosure just isn't fair because people have so many competing motivations for their posts. It's just as important to examine the situation for what is not there. So, the "why not" is also important.

Thanks for explaining your perspective!

Kindest regards,
Cheryl
FabBy50 .
on 4/2/10 1:54 pm - Everett, WA
On April 2, 2010 at 7:06 PM Pacific Time, TheDoubleFlame wrote:
 Hi Bernadette,

Your posts, both here and on the other website were some that I considered when making my decision of where to get the VSG done.

For what it's worth, I think it's great that you've described "why" you've made the conclusions you have.

For me, the "why" is very important because it provides the rationale for making the decision. Non-disclosure just isn't fair because people have so many competing motivations for their posts. It's just as important to examine the situation for what is not there. So, the "why not" is also important.

Thanks for explaining your perspective!

Kindest regards,
Cheryl
Hi Cheryl

First of all, thank you for your kind post. I do not want this to become a shouting match for why to go to Dr Almanza or why not to. As everyone knows I went there twice, I also reccomended him many times over. If at sometime in the future, they get all of the issues cleared up I might reccomend them again.

I would love to be able to tell the other people's stories, but as I have said that is their story to tell. I have encouraged them to take the time and write about it. Everyone has a right to know the good and the bad. I have had a very tough time on the boards with false posts, if you have followed me you will know what I'm talking about. I feel every Dr should have a fair shot, and when trolls come in and make up things it is not fair!!

Take care!!
zsflower
on 4/5/10 6:37 pm - Elk Grove, CA
Boscogirl wrote, " I mean, I see the license thing and admit it doesn't look good but with all the mud slinging how do we know that someone isn't altering things to make it look really bad on him?  How do we know for sure? "

You are a smart woman!

Sandy Johnston
Patient Care Coordinator
aLighterMe.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views