Fatty Liver disease

charchar
on 3/25/10 11:38 pm
Has anyone had there srugery that has Fatty Liver Disease and were there complications or special instructions. Or anyone going to have surgery with this condition? I am really nervous about it! Just like to discuss what the doctors have said about it.
hollykim
on 3/28/10 1:13 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Most morbidly obese people have fatty liver disease. It make the liver slippery to work around. Surgeons often will have patients on a diet to clear out some of the fat and shrink their liver so it is easier to work around.
good luck,
Holly

charchar
on 3/29/10 12:19 am

Thank you Holly, I have had it since I was a teenager. My blood tests always show it elevated. I had a CT and they found nothing but fatty deposits in there several years ago. My imagination is running away from me. I am picturing my liver all huge and white covered with fat. It is probably not that bad. I didn't know most obese people had that I thought it was just something that a few people had. I do feel better. I am starting the liquid tomorrow that is about 2 weeks before surgery.. My kinds of things can I have they gave ma a list of a few things but I need something else, I wondered about mashed potato(soup like) or is there a few more options I could maybe blend up. Slim fast, broth n jello will not get it! I will fail. I know it is important but there has got to be a few other choices to consume. Any suggestions on what else that will feel substantial and satisfy my hunger. Please share ideas. Thanks again, Char....

carroep
on 4/2/10 2:29 am - Richland, WA
Char, you might try Naked Protein Juice.  It is usually in the produce aisle and the one I like has 30 grams of protein in it.  Since I just had my surgery on Tuesday my husband has been worried that I wouldn't get enough protein for the next month of being on liquids.  The protein juice fills me up and used to fill me up before I had surgery too.  Now I just am able to drink much much less.

Carrie
carroep
on 4/2/10 2:23 am - Richland, WA
I had been told that I had fatty liver disease a number of months ago and was a bit worried that the doctors would tell me my liver was too fat once I got to Mexico.  Just one more thing to stress about, right?  Well I tried to eat as little fat as I could the month before my surgery but I cheated a few times because part of me figured it would be my last hoorah.  But when I got to Guadalajara everything went great.  My surgery went fine and I was up and walking a few hours after surgery.  My Mom and I even walked to the mall the next day and explored a bit.  I am two days out and am working on figuring out what I can "eat" and what I can't at this stage.  Anyways, don't worry too much about Fatty Liver Disease, especially if you are able to follow some of the pre op guidelines.

Carrie
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views