Dr Alvarez in Piedras?

aunt29
on 3/25/10 5:04 am - Dallas, TX
Hi.  I am doing research and would like to hear on anyone's experiences good or bad with Dr. Alvarez.  I have heard great things about Dr. Almanza but Dr Alvarez is a lot closer to me since I am in Texas.

Thanks,
Cecilia
ElizabethF
on 3/25/10 11:29 am
VSG on 01/05/10 with
 Hi Cecilla,

I had VSG surgery with Dr. Alvarez on 1/5/10 and had a great experience.  My husband and I drove from Louisiana and my sister and her husband met us there after driving from OK.  My sister had her VSG surgery right after mine.  We had both lost about 45 pounds and feel great.  Dr. Alvarez is very personable and made us feel comfortable.  Our care was very attentive and our hospital stay went well.  

When I have had questions since being home I have been able to email Dr. Alvarez and he has gotten right back to me.  That was very encouraging and incredibly helpful.  Susan, his coordinator, is wonderful and very helpful as well.  

Good luck with your decision.

Elizabeth

aunt29
on 3/25/10 3:38 pm - Dallas, TX
Thank you for sharing your experience.  Did you stay in the hotel in Piedras or in Eagle Pass? 

Cecilia
ElizabethF
on 3/27/10 2:19 pm
VSG on 01/05/10 with
We stayed in the hotel in Eagle Pass the night before surgery.  After two nights in the hospital I was ready to head home.  We ended up staying in Houston to break up the long drive.  I had originally thought that I wanted to stay nearby for a third night just in case.  

Elizabeth 
acarey336
on 3/28/10 3:40 pm - NE
VSG on 03/09/10 with
I had my sleeve done by Dr. Alvarez on March 9th and I agree with what the previous poster said.  It was a good experience.  They are very attentive and Susan - the patient coordinator - is awesome.
        Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker    
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views