Important Post re: Dr. Almanza on VSG board

Boscogirl
on 3/26/10 4:31 am - TX
Margo,

I wholeheartedly agree...everyone should hear the good and the bad and take all things into consideration and use their commom sense as well to sort through it all.  And for the record, I am quite aware that the fact that a doc is charming, handsome, kind, and whatever has absolutely no bearing on his surgical expertise or the way he runs his business.  I was relaying my experience in as much detail as possible and that included these things just to convey all aspects of my feelings.  I think people with commom sense can understand what I mean my including those personal feelings...you do not need to coach them on it.  Thanks!

Kimberly
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

Highest/Surgery Weight 248 Goal Weight 165 Current Weight 165-175
                           Starting BMI 33.7 Current BMI 22.1
             I'm 42 years young, my height is 6' and I've had no plastics!
                                          I  my sleeve!!!
Margo N.
on 3/26/10 5:48 am
Thanks Kimberly - I didn't mean to point that comment at you specifically - though since I posted right after you it would definitely look that way! I think we are actually on the same page for the most part!  A lot of people do point to positive personality traits as some sort of proof that nothing could be amiss, and I meant to

Thanks for your feedback!

Cheers,
Margo
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

Boscogirl
on 3/26/10 6:49 am, edited 3/26/10 6:49 am - TX

Thanks...we are definitely on the same page in wanting to do the best we can to help others.  Have a wonderful weekend!

Kimberly

Goal in EIGHT months!

I  my sleeve!!!
jbkb0412
on 3/26/10 9:47 am - Zeeland, MI
my husband and I had our surgeries in Jan. with Dr. Almanza, as I had posted back then John did have a leak that developed sometime the day we left, we flew back home and John had emergency surgery to repair the leak.  We met PnutFreemom there and had talked to her, the decision to post this had to have been very hard for her and I feel her decision to post this was wise.  John and I struggled with how to post the problems that he had and decided to just post the facts, our surgeon here said that the surgery was done correctly but an abcess developed after the leak test was done and that when the drainage tube was pulled that allowed all stomach content to leave his body.  John's drainage tube was taken out right before we left at that time there was still alot of drainage (which turns out to be his gatorade coming out his stomach in  to the ball) Dr. B didn't seem concerned and we were in a hurry to catch our flight so we left. 
We were taken care of very well and things were very clean, as far as infections went we don't think we had any, but our incisions did take a long time to heal completely.
I did feel that the clinic was to busy with to many people there some even spent there second night in a hotel because the recovery house and Dr B's house were full.

WE are doing great and at this point do not regret our decision to have surgery, we are losing weight and feeling great but it was a very long road of recovery for John and  a very scary time for both of us.

John and Kari Bush
Boscogirl
on 3/26/10 10:21 am - TX
Kari,

I am very sorry for your husband having problems.  I am sure that is was very scary. 

Now, on your previous post you gave an update and you said that the problems were in no way the fault of Dr. Almanza and Dr. Betancourt.  Have you changed your mind on this point?  If you haven't ,then I just don't think it has any relevance in this drama.  I'm not saying you shouldn't post it about it....you should post about your experience....the good, the bad, and the ugly.   I'm just saying I don't understand why it is being brought up in these particular threads that are warning people not to use these doctors.  If the complication wasn't their fault, then it could have happened no matter what surgeon or no matter where he had surgery.  Correct?   Please help me if I am missing something here. 

It is very good to know that both of you are doing well and dropping the pounds!  I'm almost two weeks out and have lost 19 pounds but I still have a hard time believing it really will work for me.  Crazy!

Kimberly
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

I  my sleeve!!!
(deactivated member)
on 3/30/10 9:29 pm - AZ
On March 26, 2010 at 5:21 PM Pacific Time, Boscogirl wrote:
Kari,

I am very sorry for your husband having problems.  I am sure that is was very scary. 

Now, on your previous post you gave an update and you said that the problems were in no way the fault of Dr. Almanza and Dr. Betancourt.  Have you changed your mind on this point?  If you haven't ,then I just don't think it has any relevance in this drama.  I'm not saying you shouldn't post it about it....you should post about your experience....the good, the bad, and the ugly.   I'm just saying I don't understand why it is being brought up in these particular threads that are warning people not to use these doctors.  If the complication wasn't their fault, then it could have happened no matter what surgeon or no matter where he had surgery.  Correct?   Please help me if I am missing something here. 

It is very good to know that both of you are doing well and dropping the pounds!  I'm almost two weeks out and have lost 19 pounds but I still have a hard time believing it really will work for me.  Crazy!

Kimberly

Not sure i understand, if Gatorade was coming out of his drain, how is this not the clinic's fault for failing to catch a leak?

I can appreciate that you guys are desperate to try and do damage control and especially since you have made it clear you want to be a patient coordinator but honestly, it's okay if people tell of their infections, leaks, perforations, pancreatic damage, and all the other many complications coming out of that place.

Boscogirl
on 3/31/10 12:10 am - TX
You are such a nasty person.  YOU and YOU alone are the reason that we don't believe all of these allegations.  If it weren't for you(and your many different screen names) always being mixed up in everything there would be way more credibilitly but you are constantly name-calling and spouting your venom and you seem to be waaaaayyy too excited about people having problems....you even wished them on Bigisbad.....it's disgusting...really.  And btw, get off my case about the coordinator thing why don't you.  I said in one post that it is something I am "interested" in for the future  Why is that not okay with you?  Does that threaten you somehow?  What I do or don't do is none of your concern and I think it's funny that you keep bringing it up.  I just had surgery TWO weeks ago...I don't think I'll be coordinating any surgeries anytime soon and most likely NEVER will!!  You don't know ANYTHING about me so STEP OFF!!!

Goal in EIGHT months!

I  my sleeve!!!
(deactivated member)
on 3/31/10 12:13 am - AZ
On March 31, 2010 at 7:10 AM Pacific Time, Boscogirl wrote:
You are such a nasty person.  YOU and YOU alone are the reason that we don't believe all of these allegations.  If it weren't for you(and your many different screen names) always being mixed up in everything there would be way more credibilitly but you are constantly name-calling and spouting your venom and you seem to be waaaaayyy too excited about people having problems....you even wished them on Bigisbad.....it's disgusting...really.  And btw, get off my case about the coordinator thing why don't you.  I said in one post that it is something I am "interested" in for the future  Why is that not okay with you?  Does that threaten you somehow?  What I do or don't do is none of your concern and I think it's funny that you keep bringing it up.  I just had surgery TWO weeks ago...I don't think I'll be coordinating any surgeries anytime soon and most likely NEVER will!!  You don't know ANYTHING about me so STEP OFF!!!

HAHAHA!!!  So when the Mexican Gov't points out the obvious that Betancourt is not a doctor this makes everyone else nasty.

Girl, you have issues.

Boscogirl
on 3/31/10 12:19 am - TX
I guess you blocked me... LOL  I think we all know which one of us it is that "has issues".  Buh-bye.
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

I  my sleeve!!!
bigisbad
on 3/31/10 11:21 am - Canada, Canada
On March 31, 2010 at 7:10 AM Pacific Time, Boscogirl wrote:

Ever since she wished me "problems" I have had 32 infections, teeth have almost all fallen out, no hair left and put on 69 pounds. And I haven't had surgery yet... yah!
Think she has a voodoo doll.
All I can say... to patients making a decision is to weigh out all the possibilities and go with their gut feeling. 90% of what you read on these posts is accurate.
Specially the part of me being an astronaut... think it was 82 I landed on the moon. Better check the other post to make sure I keep my story consistent... NOT like a few other posters.
Enjoy you evening.
Almanza in 8 more days!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views