Worried stomach is to BIG

nursechick78
on 3/21/10 1:38 pm - Sumrall, MS
I am very worried because last week I was able to eat a whole sandwich made at home. I didnt even realize it till I had eaten the whole thing, I didnt have any problems eating it like pain or discomfort. I have only been out of surgey for 2 months. I talked to Shirley and she said she is only able to eat about half of a sandwich along with her husband. Im getting more and more depressed about this. I do not want to have another surgey to correct this if there is a problem, which I think there is a problem. I have been feeling like something hasnt been right since shortly after I had surgey. I still have that "hunger" pains not really pain but I do get hungry, I was told after my stomach healed that I would no longer have hunger. I'm just feeling why why why...why wasnt it done right the first time? Either way something is wrong with my stomach bc I am only suppose to hold 4-5 ounces. I have been able to hold more than that. Dr. Almanza's staff wants me to come back to Mexico to have an Upper GI test done. I dont want to go to Mexico again, I will ask one of the Drs I work with to order the UGI.  Its just that why wasnt this done correctly the first time? I put all my faith and money into this surgery and I'm having problems now. I know that I'm sitting her being "poor me" its just that I do not have the money or time off from work to go back to Mexico to have this corrected. If the UGI does show my stomach is to big well then I will have to go back to have Dr. Almanza to correct it. Has anyone else had this problem? Please help and give me some encouragement.

Tabitha

Eme 2009
on 3/21/10 10:55 pm - FL
Hey Tabitha,
  I can say from personal experience, that there are some days that I can eat "more" than on other days.  Depending on how large the sandwich was, what was in and on it, etc.....if it was a footlong sub with the works, yes, you should be worried. 
  Non-dense foods, soups and slider foods (like popcorn, crackers, chips) will go down very easily and (unfortunately) we can tolerate them all too well.  Dense protein like chicken is going to fill our stomachs up quickly and not let anything else in.
  Not everyones hunger completely disappears.  I still feel hunger but it takes 1/100th of the amount to satiate that as opposed to pre-op. 
  Also, remember that if you have a longer torso, you would have a longer sleeve so that might hold 1-2 ounces more than someone who is sleeved with a short torso (or so I've read).

You should post this on the VSG board, too.  I think you'll get more responses.

Also, did Dr. Almanza's office say that there could be a problem?  It seems like a long trip from MS to Mexico just for an upper GI.

HW: 251  SW: 243  CW: 146  Height: 5'6.5"

jenni80
on 3/21/10 11:34 pm
I havent had surgery yet but I was wondering do you drink liquids with eating?  Just a thought.

Jeanette  

LifeLover
on 3/22/10 1:00 am - Hoover, AL
Hi Tabitha,
I agree that you should definately post this on the regular VSG board because you will definately get more responses. I have some days where I can eat more then others and even sometimes of the day where I can eat a lot more and then only a couple bites at the next meal.

Are you still losing any weight at all?

I see that you talked to Shirley? I thought she was no longer working for Dr. Almanza...did she come back?
We love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

nursechick78
on 3/22/10 4:43 am - Sumrall, MS
The sandwich was just 2 piece of white bread and slice of turkey. I dont have a long torso, mine is short lol  What is the site for the VSB board? Thanks for the info.

Tabitha

Boscogirl
on 3/22/10 5:30 am - TX
Hi there!  So sorry you are having problems.  They are talking about the VSG forum on this site.  Just look under "Forums" and highlight over  the tab "Surgerical Forums"  and you will see "Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy" at the very bottom.  It is just like this one only specific to VSG instead of Mexico.  All the best to you!

Kimberly
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

Highest/Surgery Weight 248 Goal Weight 165 Current Weight 165-175
                           Starting BMI 33.7 Current BMI 22.1
             I'm 42 years young, my height is 6' and I've had no plastics!
                                          I  my sleeve!!!
Eme 2009
on 3/22/10 11:50 am - FL
Oh come on over! 
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/VSG/a,messageboard/board_id,5463/

Also, you sandwich sounds pretty tame. I haven't tried much bread yet but I have definitely had times when I could eat way more than just a day before...but it's usually a fluke and by the next day, I'm back to feeling full on 1/4 cup.

HW: 251  SW: 243  CW: 146  Height: 5'6.5"

Boscogirl
on 3/22/10 5:32 am - TX
Oh and the sandwich you ate does not sound too outrageous to me but I'm only a week out so I really don't know about the eating just yet. : )
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

Highest/Surgery Weight 248 Goal Weight 165 Current Weight 165-175
                           Starting BMI 33.7 Current BMI 22.1
             I'm 42 years young, my height is 6' and I've had no plastics!
                                          I  my sleeve!!!
nursechick78
on 3/23/10 6:36 am - Sumrall, MS
I had the Upper GI done this morning. They said mechanically everything looked fine, the Radiologist is going to get some measurements for me. I will let you know how everything turns out.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views