Alittle scared

liveNbetter
on 3/19/10 4:11 pm - Canada
Well I knew that my husband would be unhappy about my wanting to go to Mx for WLS, and I knew he would prob say no but I told him I understood his apprehension but I wasn't asking for permission to have this done I was asking for his support in the decision I had already made.
  After a hour or so of arguing the craziest thing happened ..He came over to me and said he understood and all he is worried about was if something happened to me having this done in Mx and was I sure this is what I want. So looks like I'm going to Mx and he's coming with me so I'm very happy but now alittle scared to call and make an appointment. It's been 4 days since we talked and I still haven't called to make an appointment. But still feels good to have my husband say he will come with me I hope though I will get over this stage fright and go ahead and make this call.
Emily F.
on 3/19/10 11:51 pm
Wow. That's great that he is suportive.  I wish you the best and hope to hear about your journey. Emily
Larissa P.
on 3/20/10 1:27 am - Denton, TX
Aw, that is sweet. What doctor/procedure are you hoping to have?
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
greenbaygirl
on 3/20/10 5:44 am, edited 3/20/10 5:45 am - Hobart, WI
Good for you!   Once you get that appointment and can process a date to look forward to, everything will go quickly!  It's gonna be the best decision you ever made.  All of us that have had to explain to a spouse or family member get this reaction at first.  Read as many blogs as you can, do your research and there will come a point where you will both be comfortable with the decision.  Of course there may be some anxiety, but that's normal.  However, for most of us, once we had done all our research and were comfortable with our procedure and doctor, couldn't wait for it to happen, and truly I was NOT nervous, just excited.  The best decision I ever made, and best money I ever spent!  Best of luck to you!  Look at it this way, call for the appointment, talk to the co-ordinator and ask her every question you can think of, find some members on here and ask them any question you can think of til you're comfortable.  IF, IF, IF you should get there and find something that doesn't seem right, or your are apprehensive, you can always change your mind!  I have seen others post that the idea to leave was in their head all along, but of course when they got to the various clininc or hospital, that idea never crossed their mind again.  Do what is comfortable and makes sense to you, but make sure you tlak with as many people as you can at this stage.  Many people have blogs and anyof us are more than willing to go into the most minute details.  You're on your way to skinny and healthy!
hollykim
on 3/20/10 12:28 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Good for you! I am glad you took a stand and said you weren't asking for permission but for support. that let your husband know you had your mind made up!

I am very glad he came over to the understanding that this is something you need to do for you!

Just start calling some of the surgeons you have considered,get prices and get a feel from the person you are talking to. You will soon know in your heart which group is right for you.

It is just a phone call,nothing written in stone.If something doesn't feel right,just don't call them back. You can also email most sites for initial info,which is what I did.
Good luck,
Holly

liveNbetter
on 3/21/10 2:02 am - Canada
Thx  Ladies
   I have spent months on the Internet researching which procedure and Dr..and after reading all the post about Dr Almanza I think he is the Dr for me and the Sleeve is what I want. All these women who have had this Dr cant say nothing bad about him and I don't see why I should spend 9000 to have it done when someone is doing it for 5200.
  So soon I will call Melissa and see what needs to be done..I'm excited about it but like I said alittle scared as well. I think this website and all you Ladies is what helped me find my way and gave me courage when I needed some, I cant say thx enough for everyone posting there stories.
  Thx all
  Connie
Boscogirl
on 3/21/10 6:58 am - TX
Hi there!

I just got got from there and couldn't be happier about it all.  I met Melissa while I was there (she wasn't my coordinator) and she was really sweet.  I would call her and set it up for asap because there is no air conditioning and I would not want to go in the summer unless I absolutely had to.  It was really pleasant while we were there last week so the no ac was not an issue.  All the best to you.  You have chosen a great surgeon and the best procedure there is in my opinion.

Kimberly
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

Highest/Surgery Weight 248 Goal Weight 165 Current Weight 165-175
                           Starting BMI 33.7 Current BMI 22.1
             I'm 42 years young, my height is 6' and I've had no plastics!
                                          I  my sleeve!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views